British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Where's BWD on Friday?

Just Sussed it he's riding for Swindon at Belle Vue.

If we book King/Lawson then we'll be ok.

it wont be lawson or wells

Where's BWD on Friday?

Just Sussed it he's riding for Swindon at Belle Vue.

Next Thursday away to Redcar , no Harris or BWD as Swindon at home to Rye House , what a shambles.

Why the f was Harris signed then?

Ged can make all the excuses he wants but fact is Ged is a poor promoter

Doesn't know how to build teams

Lets sentiment take over everything

Has no backbone to tell riders they are sacked to their face

Awful decision maker

Blames everyone else all of the time

You are totally out of order .

• Like 1

Not really just stating facts.

Kenneth Hansen sacking on the way home from Edinburgh

Chris Harris signed as a replacement who is hardly available

Poor decision making why didn't Ged go with guests for S. Lambert could of had Shanes guesting a couple of times instead goes and signs Hall who hasn't had a decent meeting for 2 years.

Built the team around Ostergaard (Sponsor) and S. Lambert (Family ties at the club)

Moaned about Shanes guesting in the 1st home fixture against Sheffield

Moaned about Barker turning him over. What did he expect Barker had a falling out with Peterborough and they havent spoken since so why on earth did Ged think Barker would help him out.

I hate Barker as a rider but it was silly of Ged to book him.

How many sackings and team re-buildings have Peterborough done in the last 2 years?

And it's because Ged doesn't know how to build a decent team at the start of the season.

R. Lambert, Barker have fell out with the club

Hansen and Hall are not happy with the way they were sacked.

I'm sure I speak for 99% of Panthers fans when I say you are talking complete b###****!..Ged dug us right out of the S### and has tried everything to bring success. It hasn't worked so far but this doesn't make him a bad promoter..far from it in fact. The club appears to be doing well in terms of attendances and from today with Lambert back I believe we have one of the strongest teams on paper. I agree there have been some frustrations and bad calls along the way but I'm sure some of these are not all down to him. I still back him all the way and I'm sure I speak for the majority of fans.

• Like 5

Some shoot from the hip....

Gater 1 it seems is from somewhere close to that but just a bit further round the back 😛

I like a (friendly) little dig at the Panthers but even I think his last efforts cross the line.

There are 2 main points of Geds tenure which stand out for me

1) He has stabilised the club and from all reports attendances are up and make speedway at Peterborough sustainable

2) There is no doubt he has being successful at the heart of his aims. So far effort has been greater than execution but he still has more chance of it than those teams that dont try in the first place.

• Like 4

Next Thursday away to Redcar , no Harris or BWD as Swindon at home to Rye House , what a shambles.

In what respect?

In what respect?

I am referring to the fact we yet again have to book in guests for two riders even though we have no injuries, just shows what a sad state British speedway is in .thanks to doubling up being allowed to take away team identity . This may have been seen as a way of covering over rider shortage at the time and it seems to be getting worse. BSPA should be trying to resolve this instead of sitting back and letting it spiral , and then of course we still have the Wilson-Dean late signing by Swindon Who should not get priority for his services IMO.

I am referring to the fact we yet again have to book in guests for two riders even though we have no injuries, just shows what a sad state British speedway is in .thanks to doubling up being allowed to take away team identity . This may have been seen as a way of covering over rider shortage at the time and it seems to be getting worse. BSPA should be trying to resolve this instead of sitting back and letting it spiral , and then of course we still have the Wilson-Dean late signing by Swindon Who should not get priority for his services IMO.

It's been odds on for a few seasons though that the EL as it was would knacker up the Prem that was. The Prem was far too stable and was seemingly the better product. The BSPA couldn't allow that to remain the case. We had the chance to be a first priority side in 2017 but chose to play second fiddle to the likes of Swindon and bloody Rye House of all teams.

• Like 1

agree with you .

bspa/scb looking after the so called better league . now we have vatcher trying to ruin the sport on his own .

it does not need any help from him , its already goosed .

• Like 1

It's been odds on for a few seasons though that the EL as it was would knacker up the Prem that was. The Prem was far too stable and was seemingly the better product. The BSPA couldn't allow that to remain the case. We had the chance to be a first priority side in 2017 but chose to play second fiddle to the likes of Swindon and bloody Rye House of all teams.

True the PL was doing away nicely before we gave in to EL who were in Sh#t.

True the PL was doing away nicely before we gave in to EL who were in Sh#t.

I'm not taking sides though because I never wanted to be in the Prem or what it's morphed into anyway. The point was that Panthers have missing riders (fans moan) due to the more important league calling when that's their own fault for not going up when they allegedly could have. I can't see that financially it costs too much more because basically it's the same riders. Logistically it might have been an issue for Peterborough because Sundays would be off the agenda (with a possible financial consequence) but I can't see much else? More chance of your own team being regularly available.

Don't know anything about Vatcher, or care tbh. (that's for jenga's consumption)

Edited by Crump99

simon l rode as a guest for worky on saturday . he looked ok , but it was not the lambert of old . he will need time to get back into the groove , but fair play to him for having a go .

enjoyed watching bomber around workington . 14 years ago was the last time he was here . a good guest for us and a nice guy as well .

heat 15 was great , off 15 m and still beat the millionaire summers . if it wasnt for young dan bewley , glasgow would be very ordinary indeed.

Edited by jenga
  • Like 1