British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Torun were relegated today so perhaps they will not use Jack and he will now be available for our two Sunday fixtures. That may have been part of the agreement.

Edit: Torun aren't actually relegated as the club above them is actually on the same amount of points when you factor in their points deduction.

The next two fixtures are still crucial for Torun and I suspect Holder will be riding for them on Sunday if required.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

Torun were relegated today so perhaps they will not use Jack and he will now be available for our two Sunday fixtures. That may have been part of the agreement.

Hope not..don't want him.

Hope not..don't want him.

Have you seen his twitter?

His reaction to the Panthers win was 'Yewwwwww good job'.

He does care about the club.

In an ideal world the fine will probably be in excess of the bung.

If that's correct ( a £10k bung ) then a £20k fine for Ged Rathbone should be about right. But don't worry the club will not close down because there will be a Strong Reprimand and Demand for Future Behaviour instead as the BSPA close ranks and continue to care little about the fans.

• Like 1

Can anyone tell me why as he was definitely named in the team for today- why Jack Holder cannot be banned under this SCB rule

3.2.10 Failure to attend, withdrawing (or threatening to withdraw) from a Meeting duly listed on the
Official Fixture List: In a Team Event this applies equally to Promoters and Team Managers as
well as the riders. It also includes, but not limited to those occasions where a Team fails to
meet the 2-minute time allowance on two occasions for the same heat, without just cause

Can anyone tell me why as he was definitely named in the team for today- why Jack Holder cannot be banned under this SCB rule

3.2.10 Failure to attend, withdrawing (or threatening to withdraw) from a Meeting duly listed on the

Official Fixture List: In a Team Event this applies equally to Promoters and Team Managers as

well as the riders. It also includes, but not limited to those occasions where a Team fails to

meet the 2-minute time allowance on two occasions for the same heat, without just cause

Because Jack Holder didn't fail to attend and neither did he withdraw.

The Panthers released him.

great performance today our four riders gave it everything and more .But that still does not make it right what Ged and holder did now our club my face the consequences. Hope it was worth it Ged. Also what was the paper with jack holders name on it held up by Ged supposed to mean

Jeremy Corbyn Fan, on 05 Aug 2017 - 9:20 PM, said:

Read between the lines of the statement.

"Ourselves, Torun and Jack have come to an agreement that suits us all. Torun did initially ask us to release Jack for the rest of 2017, but the rider himself refused that.

"I fully understand that some of our supporters may be disappointed that we are without Jack tomorrow in the Fours, but I ask them all to understand that the deal we've done is beneficial to all parties.

I presume the Peterborough fans will benefit by having free admission to all remaining home meetings, as the promoter has already been paid a substantial sum. Also Ged has given up on the rest of the season, so should all the supporters. It will be interesting to see exactly what the BSPA do, as the rules clearly state that Holder has to have a 28 day ban. Peterborough should also be charged with contempt of the sport. If Holder is banned and it affects Poole, then tough. I can't believe they would not have been involved in any discussions regarding what Holder was going to do, and probably got some of the money being handed out. This sport is dying a slow death with more and more supporters giving up, and less new ones coming along. Something drastic has to happen to reinvigorate it, but who or what can do anything to turn it around.

• Like 1

I presume the Peterborough fans will benefit by having free admission to all remaining home meetings, as the promoter has already been paid a substantial sum. Also Ged has given up on the rest of the season, so should all the supporters. It will be interesting to see exactly what the BSPA do, as the rules clearly state that Holder has to have a 28 day ban. Peterborough should also be charged with contempt of the sport. If Holder is banned and it affects Poole, then tough. I can't believe they would not have been involved in any discussions regarding what Holder was going to do, and probably got some of the money being handed out. This sport is dying a slow death with more and more supporters giving up, and less new ones coming along. Something drastic has to happen to reinvigorate it, but who or what can do anything to turn it around.

Over 3,000 people were at the Showground today and they saw a cracking event.

• Like 1

Jeremy Corbyn Fan, on 06 Aug 2017 - 10:37 PM, said:

Over 3,000 people were at the Showground today and they saw a cracking event.

That was for an event that was well publicised and people knew in advance so had made travel arrangements. The Holder incident was only announced about 24 hours before, so people probably couldn't cancel. My point was if the promoter has already said the season is over, then why should fans still bother to go as the club has already got the money.

ged said it was2,000 and no tax to pay !

ged said it was2,000 and no tax to pay !

Difference between tickets sold and people there.

Edited by Jeremy Corbyn Fan

'and we have evidence of the true reason'

Buster '30 pieces of silver' Chapman having a go at a promoter who took an 'incentive' (allegedly). That is rich.

At least Ged isn't helping in an attempt to shut two clubs down.

I don't agree with what Ged has done but Chapman is the last person on Earth who can criticise him for it.

Edited by Vincent Blackshadow
  • Like 2

'and we have evidence of the true reason'

Buster '30 pieces of silver' Chapman having a go at a promoter who took an 'incentive' (allegedly). That is rich.

At least Ged isn't helping in an attempt to shut two clubs down.

I don't agree with what Ged has done but Chapman is the last person on Earth who can criticise him for it.

Chapman HAS to criticise him, he's the boss (makes you wonder how bad the rest are though).