British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

I don't know whether it was just all talk or mind games last weekend about giving up on the play offs but the fact is this..if we go and win all 3 matches on the Northern tour this weekend we will be 3 points off a play off place!. unlikely but certainly doable with Berwick and Newcastle's form Masters being out for Edinburgh.

It was said to try and justify Holder being allowed to go to Poland, when realistically he probably would have gone anyway before the "deal"

To me very disrespectful to the Panthers fans

Edited by northyorksbear

Rumour just been deleted on Panthers Facebook page that Ged has had his promoters license removed and fined.

Rumour just been deleted on Panthers Facebook page that Ged has had his promoters license removed and fined.

If that's the case then I wouldn't blame Ged for walking away from this sport.

Let this sport die a slow death, we don't need to be part of it.

👋👋👋

so its okay not to play by the rules of the sport . looks like its ged,s ball and does not want to play anymore !

need,nt look forward to next season as dee jay trump will have already pressed the big red button and as some texters say , and that was that ....

Don't matter now with a piss poor performance at Edinburgh it's definitely all over now. What were they thinking going r/r for BWD with Lambo and Bacon's away form.

Don't matter now with a piss poor performance at Edinburgh it's definitely all over now. What were they thinking going r/r for BWD with Lambo and Bacon's away form.

I gave up on the league weeks, if not months, ago. I'm still dining out on the fours win last Sunday.

Carl has obviously been reading the Jim Lynch book of team management, terrible tactics tonight.

Why would you have a guest for bwd?

Why would you have a guest for bwd?

Do RR for Ully and have a guest for BWD I'd presume

The top four is looking pretty clear now, on a +/- basis the league rankings are:

Sheffield +28

Glasgow +22

Ipswich +11

Edinburgh +9

Redcar +3

Workington +1

Peterborough =

Newcastle -5

Scunthorpe -12

Berwick -25

Edited by NeilWatson

The top four is looking pretty clear now, on a +/- basis the league rankings are:

Sheffield +28

Glasgow +22

Ipswich +11

Edinburgh +9

Redcar +3

Workington +1

Peterborough =

Newcastle -5

Scunthorpe -12

Berwick -25

Panthers lost at home (1st time) to Sheffield on June the 18th and it was clear enough then who the top 4 were going to be,

"Post by Bigcatdiary on Jun 23, 2017 at 12:58pm
I have copied the latest league table and added the plus and minus points which tend to show a better reflection of who the front runners are,

Any points gained on the road are plus whilst any points dropped at home are minus

At the moment Glasgow are well clear and the other members of the current play club are Edinburgh, Ipswich and Sheffield.

Panthers will need several away wins to even get close to the top 4 and will need to start picking up something even if they lose, I rather suspect our two home losses to date could cost us dear come September.

Just one league away win and 3 points from 7 away matches is a very poor return so far."

Just part of the cause of it

Just part of the cause of it

A very small part that can be rectified by the powers that be and less wishy washy rules and a strong slap on the wrist. I don't agree with what Rathbone did, why or what were the perceived benefits? However, without Rathbone there may not be a Peterborough Speedway, so if keeping a track going with all of the benefits to the sport that provides then that's a strange way helping the sport to die.

Edited by Crump99
  • Like 1

and without hitler , there would have been no world wars ! ! !

same principal , i do believe .