British Speedway Forum
Flappy

Peterborough Panthers 2017

Dan bewley is averaging 4.00 .according to the green sheets .

Yep I was using their title winning team as an example

For somerset Dean averages 5.02 and the other averages 3.00 as for Edinburgh both averaged under 3.50.

I honestly don't believe there is a real science to team building other than you need riders who will improve their averages greatly and of course finding the odd ringer on a false average.

I wasn't after the averages, I was after what the opposition reserves scored at the Showground - and I've had a look ....

v Somerset KOC - Jake Allen 9+1

v Somerset PL - BWD 8+1

v Edinburgh PL - Bewley 10+2

This is what makes the difference, when Peterborough lose at home it's generally helped on it's way by a big hitting reserve in the opposition.

Don't think it was the make up of the team but the poor continued form of several riders that caused the disastrous results of the team , when Cook was added to the team along with Holub , no doubt it was hoped that Holub would score alot more than he did at reserve once Perry moved into the 1-5 Lambert briefly then Grondal went to reserve so there should of been a decent reserve at all times but Grondal was woeful at reserve for a 5+ averaging reserve, coupled with Lamberts injury and NBJ and then Ulrich struggling the team had no back up for Cook in the middle part of the season and suffered as a result.

• Like 1

1 Lawson 8.17

2 Lambert 5.25

3 Hansen 6.25

4 T.Kurtz 5.76

5 L.Bjerre 6.65

6 Bewley 4.00

7 Williamson 3.76

1 Lawson 8.17

2 Lambert 5.25

3 Hansen 6.25

4 T.Kurtz 5.76

5 L.Bjerre 6.65

6 Bewley 4.00

7 Williamson 3.76

hansen 6.75.

lawson . no chance .

bewley glasgow bound .

matt . back at workington (if they run) = points limit will be lower for team building . nice team tho .

hansen 6.75.

lawson . no chance .

bewley glasgow bound .

matt . back at workington (if they run) = points limit will be lower for team building . nice team tho .

I can see K.Hansen L.Bjerre and S.Lambert being the only ones out of that 7 and Flappy also forgot to mention U.Ostergaard who will be in leaving spaces for a new NO1 and 2 reserves should it be 40.50 limit and 1 reserve (NL) on a 2 point average.

How about

1 Schlein

2 Jacobs

3 Hansen

4 Ostergaard

5 Bjerre

6 Lambert

7 Phillips

Or

1 Wells

2 Lambert

3 Ostergaard

4 Hansen

5 Bjerre

6 Roynon/Etheridge

7 Phillips

Edited by Flappy

How about

1 Schlein

2 Jacobs

3 Hansen

4 Ostergaard

5 Bjerre

6 Lambert

7 Phillips

phillips not good enough , schlein most likely to have a polish gig ( so that rules panthers out if he does ) , can't see the pts limit being over 40.5 myself

phillips not good enough , schlein most likely to have a polish gig ( so that rules panthers out if he does ) , can't see the pts limit being over 40.5 myself

That is to a 40.5 limit with Phillips as the 2 pointer at reserve

You should definitely take Jacobs

Not convinced anyone will take Jacobs on 5.36. Sadly he looks a victim of his own success with Clegg, Perry, Morris, Perry, Bewley, Branford, Boxall, Roynon, Sissis & Wilson-Dean all available on lower averages.

Agree with that!!

Not even on a 2 average?

I see Lasse Bjerre is looking for a ride in Poland and the elite league