British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Buster is a very astute business man, & if he can get big bucks for Lambert, he will probably sell him, just the same as Darcy Ward.

We'll see .....

Stars must keep Rob Lambert and build a team around him. To let him go would be a bitter blow.

I'd have thought Huckenbeck would be a dead cert on a low average also the same can be said about Batch if we don't use him others will on a very low average

• Like 1

I'd have thought Huckenbeck would be a dead cert on a low average also the same can be said about Batch if we don't use him others will on a very low average

Poole may offer him a deal he can't refuse, plus he'd be with Aussie mates!

Poole may offer him a deal he can't refuse, plus he'd be with Aussie mates![/quote true but we have one thing going for us our main sponsor is Troy sponsor .
  • Like 1

Poole may offer him a deal he can't refuse, plus he'd be with Aussie mates!

true but we have one thing going for us our main sponsor is Troy sponsor .
Not persuaded him before ...... we'll see, hopefully sooner rather than later 😊 Edited by Trees

King 9.57

Jepsen Jensen 9.13

Lambert 8.76

Porsing 6.58

Rose 5.86

Huckenbeck 5.13

Roynon 4.96

Total 49.99

Edited by speedy17

King 9.57

Kerr 6.16

Lambert 8.76

Holder 7.16

Batchelor 7.36

Rose 5.86

Huckenbeck 5.13

Solid team and nice use of the pts limit, but surely holder will be at poole? K bjerre for holder and downgrade kerr/rose?

they have no right to stop riders earning money and that's why it won't happen if it's challenged in a court it would be illegal -

from what I hear reverting back to Wednesday nights is most likely .

Really? Can you quote the law you think is being broken?

My employment contract prevents me from working for anyone else without my employers permission. A contractor surely has less rights. they are offered a contract for 200k with condition that they exclusively (or semi exclusively) work for that entity for a defined period of time. what do u think is illegal about that offer?

If you take your logic to the extreme, it would be illegal for kings lynn to stop one of its riders signing a contract to also ride for poole.

Solid team and nice use of the pts limit, but surely holder will be at poole? K bjerre for holder and downgrade kerr/rose?

Really? Can you quote the law you think is being broken?

My employment contract prevents me from working for anyone else without my employers permission. A contractor surely has less rights. they are offered a contract for 200k with condition that they exclusively (or semi exclusively) work for that entity for a defined period of time. what do u think is illegal about that offer?

If you take your logic to the extreme, it would be illegal for kings lynn to stop one of its riders signing a contract to also ride for poole.

how can anyone stop someone who is self employed earning a living ? a brick layer or a plumber perhaps has 2 or 3 jobs going at the same time it's no different - if a rider challenged this rule in a court it get thrown out .

Not had chance to look at averages etc but the way things have panned out, Huckenbeck would be my first name on the team sheet.

Now had a year's experience on most of the tracks and at just over 5 could prove a real trump card.

I would think King & Porsing would be nailed on as well.

Really hope Robert stays.

• Like 1

Not had chance to look at averages etc but the way things have panned out, Huckenbeck would be my first name on the team sheet.

Now had a year's experience on most of the tracks and at just over 5 could prove a real trump card.

I would think King & Porsing would be nailed on as well.

Really hope Robert stays.

id add Batch as well on his average he can only get better

they have no right to stop riders earning money and that's why it won't happen if it's challenged in a court it would be illegal -

They pay the most so they can dictate the terms, a rider does not have to agree to and sign the contract with that team. If they want to sign the world champion he may have the clout to refuse to sign a contract with that clause in it, then it would be up to the club to make a decision to change their contract and take him on or not.

Edited by A ORLOV

how can anyone stop someone who is self employed earning a living ? a brick layer or a plumber perhaps has 2 or 3 jobs going at the same time it's no different - if a rider challenged this rule in a court it get thrown out .

All self employed can be restricted by contract.

The company my old man works for has self employed plumbers and electricians signed up so they can't do work elsewhere between 8am - 8pm Monday to Friday.