British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
arnieg

European Under 21 Championship @ Lamothe-landerron

Was won by Dmitri Berge. Not a bad meeting, although it did finish at 11.50pm (in part due to 9pm start time) - better than sportowefakty meeting report suggests (perhaps because the Poles underperformed).

http://sportowefakty.wp.pl/zuzel/629241/francuz-mistrzem-europy-juniorow-slaby-wystep-polakow

Krcmar needed to win heat 20 for the title, and had a convincing lead after one lap, but Smektala (finally finding some form) steamed under him at the end of lap 2 which forced a runoff convincingly won by DB to the delight of the home crowd.

Logachev impressed, Riss could have been a contender had he not started with a poor opening ride and Joel Andersson came fourth despite hitting the deck twice.

I also thought Lasse Fredriksson and Joa Partanen gave good accounts of themselves.

Interested to see a certain Victor Trofimov Jr. competing. I well remember Victor Trofimov from the 70's.

Did the meeting attract a reasonable crowd?

• Like 1

Jooa Partanen finished 12th, but is far less experienced internationally than the vast majority of the field. With the right support behind him (especially equipment), I suspect he will go a lot further in his career than many of the higher placed finishers will.