British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
idh

Edinburgh V Somerset 16th Sept

In fact, this was an excellent meeting, a last-heat decider with some very good racing. Good entertainment for spectators who might be less-concerned with the make-up of the two teams and just enjoy watching the show.

Had to smile when it was announced that Peterborough had finally agreed to attend Armadale next Friday, too late for their hopes of making the play-offs.

No doubting about the quality of the meeting,so just run challenge fixtures every week against another 7 riders who can make it on the night .Its doesn't really matter according to you.!! Peterborough maybe had the right idea after all.Why bother with leagues and Cups.
  • Like 1

Close as expected. Thanks to our guests for doing what they were brought in to do. But we'll need everyone to be at their best in the next few weeks if we want to retain our title for a 3rd year in a row.

Had to smile when it was announced that Peterborough had finally agreed to attend Armadale next Friday, too late for their hopes of making the play-offs.

Thanks for your support and smug comment,

• Like 2

I assume Ipswich are also there next Friday, seems a bit strange to have a double header, if Edinburgh lose they'll have plenty of spare dates to fit it in.

I assume Ipswich are also there next Friday, seems a bit strange to have a double header, if Edinburgh lose they'll have plenty of spare dates to fit it in.

it would seem strange to leave the QF 2nd leg to the 30th but I suppose it may depend if the Monarchs are due to be missing anyone! wink
  • Like 1

Are ippo there next Friday?

Haven't heard that.

A double header would be another big financial loss maker on top of the 9 home postponements.

Still have to fit in the home match against the Weegies too.

I assume we can't use our place the following Thursday (World banger thingy at weekend), so we need to get our meetings done quickly if possible. But as we know from experience, if one club are awkward when it comes to sorting out a fixture, it's our friends from Edinburgh. Not always their fault, but Ippo fans with memories will know what I'm on about.

Are ippo there next Friday?

Haven't heard that.

A double header would be another big financial loss maker on top of the 9 home postponements.

Still have to fit in the home match against the Weegies too.

Monarchs website says play off, to be confirmed
  • Like 1

Monarchs website says play off, to be confirmed

It also says Premier League Knockout Cup on the 30th and we are already out of that!

I suppose the home match v ippo will depend on when your Team Manager can map out a route to Armadiddle!

Surely if Edinburgh don't arrange the play off for 23rd then hopefully the BSPA will step in and tell them they have too. If only to dispel the theory that Speedway is run in this Country for the benefit of Poole and Edinburgh.

No doubting about the quality of the meeting,so just run challenge fixtures every week against another 7 riders who can make it on the night .Its doesn't really matter according to you.!! Peterborough maybe had the right idea after all.Why bother with leagues and Cups.

So why bother with all the team changes?

I have no beef with Peterborough.... You have Cookie!!! BUT would it not have been better to agree to the fixture last night?

I understand you had riders missing but so did we

Thanks for your support and smug comment,

Forgive us but it is hard to understand why Peterborough made these team changes and then refuse to come to Edinburgh before the cut off. I guess they must've had their reasons but it doesn't make sense to me

Surely if Edinburgh don't arrange the play off for 23rd then hopefully the BSPA will step in and tell them they have too. If only to dispel the theory that Speedway is run in this Country for the benefit of Poole and Edinburgh.

Why are you in such a breakneck rush?

There don't seem to be any other Play-off Quarter Final matches scheduled up to 27th September according to the BSPA site.

The grand final has tended to be in the last few days of October when the weather is cold wet and bleak!!

Here's your hat what's your hurry!!

• Like 2

Why are you in such a breakneck rush?

There don't seem to be any other Play-off Quarter Final matches scheduled up to 27th September according to the BSPA site.

The grand final has tended to be in the last few days of October when the weather is cold wet and bleak!!

Here's your hat what's your hurry!!

Scotsman, it may have escaped your attention, but it rains very other week up there, let's get this meeting done and dusted before the snow comes.

• Like 2