British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

That brings in another issue. Averages don't include bonus points, so for every 5-1 for LL and Kus between them, they have lost a point, hence slightly lower averages.

People conveniently miss out that LL has been our best captain for years. I always stick up for him as I have the regular pleasure of him either helping out at the track in the winter, supporting us when we do presentations and school visits, and the actually assistance that he has given the juniors. No doubt I will be knocked once again for mentioning it, but at least I know it and my knockers don't.

Robert I don't think will make a captain and rightly so. He needs to concentrate on himself to further his career.

Sorry I don't think Robert would be the captian I wrote it wrong last night. I was just saying that in Robert he doesn't go hiding when it matters ie away meetings at the business end of the season where the captian did I respect every rider by the way including lindgren but for me I think we could get a better rider than him for his average especially for away meetings were you need riders to stand up and be counted

• Like 4

could,nt agree more when it cmes to the big races i.e when you need him to go out and do it in heat 15 to win a meeting he freezes

Sorry I don't think Robert would be the captian I wrote it wrong last night. I was just saying that in Robert he doesn't go hiding when it matters ie away meetings at the business end of the season where the captian did I respect every rider by the way including lindgren but for me I think we could get a better rider than him for his average especially for away meetings were you need riders to stand up and be counted

even if ludde comes back which I very much doubt I would give the captain,s armband to someone

else like Worrall or wells if he comes

could,nt agree more when it cmes to the big races i.e when you need him to go out and do it in heat 15 to win a meeting he freezes

We should have had Sheffield beaten before heat 15. Not sure we should assess the merits of a rider on coming 4th in a vital heat 15...? Overall a very decent season and a strong rider around Brough Park.

My vote:

+1

Just had a quick look at last years meetings... unless ive missed some, lindgren met wells 6 times at Brough.... wells just got the nod in their protracted duel

6-0!! Lol

We should have had Sheffield beaten before heat 15. Not sure we should assess the merits of a rider on coming 4th in a vital heat 15...? Overall a very decent season and a strong rider around Brough Park.

My vote:

+1

He scored something like 9 from 9 rides against Sheffield away and Glasgow away where it mattered though.... Edited by Arson fire

Why are people only pointing out the negatives? Yeah he has bad days, but everyone does, how many times has Lindgren done something incredible for Newcastle? Whether it was just 1 simple pass which made the crowd happy, or whether it's visiting schools, promoting the Diamonds, all of that matters, Wells on the other hand has the personality of a spoon and would never do any kind of promotion

I'm sure if I looked I could find many positive statistics, along with the negative statistics pointed out here

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/16028/newcastle-peterborough-pl-21-2016

Look, I just found a bad meeting from the lord and saviour Lambert himself, no one ever points this stuff out? Oh and look, Lindgren got 11 points that day :)

http://speedwayupdates.proboards.com/thread/15509/newcastle-berwick-pl-08-2016

Oh look, Kus had an off day, and how many points has Lindgren got? :)

Some people just seem to have this vendetta against Ludvig, he was a great rider last year for us, yet people still moan and moan, old men who couldn't ride a bike anywhere near as good as him :)

Edit: This was in no way a dig at Lambert or Kus, it was just an example, everyone has bad days

Edited by Dandelion

Why are people only pointing out the negatives? Yeah he has bad days, but everyone does, how many times has Lindgren done something incredible for Newcastle? Whether it was just 1 simple pass which made the crowd happy, or whether it's visiting schools, promoting the Diamonds, all of that matters, Wells on the other hand has the personality of a spoon and would never do any kind of promotion

I'm sure if I looked I could find many positive statistics, along with the negative statistics pointed out here

so you can only have tinted glasses opinions now?? Its a forum, its all about opinions and view points. You have just gave a very negative opinion of Ricky Wells... a bit hypocritical that tbh, esp when if he signs you will be all over him no doubt lol.

so you can only have tinted glasses opinions now?? Its a forum, its all about opinions and view points. You have just gave a very negative opinion of Ricky Wells... a bit hypocritical that tbh, esp when if he signs you will be all over him no doubt lol.

I'm not saying you have to agree with me, I'm just saying you don't have to constantly dis one of your own riders, someone you're supposed to support and someone who has given so much to the club you watch

I did give a negative view of Ricky Wells, I'm not saying negative views are wrong, but not constantly, it just seems dickish

I wouldn't like Wells even if he joined our team tbh, same went for Lemon, Henry, Kus, but I would respect him for wearing the Diamonds colours, something people should give Ludvig, for wearing their team's colours

Edited by Dandelion

Just had a quick look at last years meetings... unless ive missed some, lindgren met wells 6 times at Brough.... wells just got the nod in their protracted duel

He scored something like 9 from 9 rides against Sheffield away and Glasgow away where it mattered though....

Away Sheffield 11+1 (from 8) and Away Glasgow 12 (from 9). Quite a few let us down when it mattered IMO. My vote:0 ! I'm sitting on the fence. Part of my says keep, part of me says let go. Don't think he's going to improve his average, he is what he is now, which is the part of me saying let go. He's pretty exiting to watch though and that's the part of me saying keep. Plenty of pro's and cons, as we seem to be finding out by the split of opinion on here so far.

Edited by Steve Park

I wouldn't like Wells even if he joined our team tbh, same went for Lemon, Henry, Kus

whys that?

No you're saying im dissing him because you like him and i dont think he should be in the team based on speedway and the points available, not because hes a canny lad, good looking, promotes the club etc...Speedway riders arnt gods... as a paying fan im entitled to my opinion as long as its not personal. Good and bad.

• Like 2

whys that?

No you're saying im dissing him because you like him and i dont think he should be in the team based on speedway and the points available, not because hes a canny lad, good looking, promotes the club etc...Speedway riders arnt gods... as a paying fan im entitled to my opinion as long as its not personal. Good and bad.

You seem to forget that Dandelion has that same right. Who was it who said "It's a forum. It's all about opinions and viewpoints". It's often you that makes it personal, as well I know.

Hard to think of a Diamonds without Ludvig or even Kus since we made effort teach him the track and its almost believe it when i see it situation. However if it did happen replacement needs to be somebody like Wells who consistently scores double figures when he visits, and in a weaker league i think is good value on his average. Even more so as he wont beat at 1 and will gain home advantage. Also been harsh critic of Ludvig many times during meetings because of lack of consistency not so much this year mind bit i believe he needs new track to step to next level. I'm also not bothered about how nice somebody is off track, i care about results on track even if better rider is boring but no doubt some young kids see Ludvig as a hero. I would also never dispute his contribution to the club behind the scenes if he signed again that's fine with me. Looking forward to team announcement just worried about reserves that's main concern and avoiding missing riders better than last season.

Edited by Big Diamond

You seem to forget that Dandelion has that same right. Who was it who said "It's a forum. It's all about opinions and viewpoints". It's often you that makes it personal, as well I know.

i dont forget at all, so me where ive 'dissed' Dandelion's opinion??

I make it personal?? where have i made it personal?? Unlike you dave i say as it is, how i feel...if you dont like it or agree with it then you know what to do.

Ludvig is well! Ludvig. Love him or loathe him, can anyone really question his commitment to our club. Wholehearted work ethic on and OFF the field speak chapters in his defence. Do I want a point scoring machine? Yes, but anyone can see how his motivational skills in the pits are also paramount to our success. Hopefully, the question of captaincy in team forming takes this into account.

• Like 1