British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

thats because it will take at least a full day of editing to find 30 seconds of anything remotely interesting ;)

Was it really that uninteresting? lol, I just want to know what this years kevlars and bikes look like

Any news/pictures from Sunday or today?

Keep your eyes on the website!

Should be some good stuff coming soon.

H

Was it really that uninteresting? lol, I just want to know what this years kevlars and bikes look like

well the kevlars looked new and the bikes fimiliar ;)

I watched the practice on Sunday and after a slow start with the delay and the track needing to dry out, the action soon got underway. No Lambert as I believe he was in Poland (don't quote me on that) but some good laps by Steve and Ashley and Danny Phillips looked good, he was attacking the track more and looked to have more confidence. I was impressed with Connor, he was the first to take a tumble when trying to use the tricky parts of bends 1 and 2 but that did not phase him. Michael was in attendance and passing on good advice to Connor, which to be fair he was listening to and carrying out and by the time I left you could see an improvement. Ludvig seemed to have a number of bike issues and made more bike changes than Tomasz Gollob :D:D, according to Twitter I think he got them sorted for Monday, hopefully the clouds of white smoke coming out of his engine at one point were not too costly . Lewis Rose seemed to show no ill effects from his injury but I think his eyesight may have been affected judging by the colour scheme on his bikes!!! :D:D

All in all I saw what I expected from the practice session and I think we should hopefully be in with an entertaining season. I soon realised how f*****g cold Brough Park is so wrap up well on Sunday night!!

• Like 1

I watched the practice on Sunday and after a slow start with the delay and the track needing to dry out, the action soon got underway. No Lambert as I believe he was in Poland (don't quote me on that) but some good laps by Steve and Ashley and Danny Phillips looked good, he was attacking the track more and looked to have more confidence. I was impressed with Connor, he was the first to take a tumble when trying to use the tricky parts of bends 1 and 2 but that did not phase him. Michael was in attendance and passing on good advice to Connor, which to be fair he was listening to and carrying out and by the time I left you could see an improvement. Ludvig seemed to have a number of bike issues and made more bike changes than Tomasz Gollob :D:D, according to Twitter I think he got them sorted for Monday, hopefully the clouds of white smoke coming out of his engine at one point were not too costly . Lewis Rose seemed to show no ill effects from his injury but I think his eyesight may have been affected judging by the colour scheme on his bikes!!! :D:D

All in all I saw what I expected from the practice session and I think we should hopefully be in with an entertaining season. I soon realised how f*****g cold Brough Park is so wrap up well on Sunday night!!

Ludvig is trying out a new Steam Engine this season

• Like 2

Ivor good feeling about this new engine :rofl:

Keep your eyes on the website!

Should be some good stuff coming soon.

H

Hope so :t:

well the kevlars looked new and the bikes fimiliar ;)

I heard they were grey and black, which sound really cool to me :P

Sounds like Danny and Connor might not be too bad in the end, hope Danny has a lot better season next year and Connor settles in well

Hope that's not a sign of things to come with Robert and Ludvig though :(

Good to hear that Steve and Ashley were doing good and especially Lewis after his injuries, even though his bike sounds weird :P Good luck for 2017 to not just the Diamonds, but to all the riders in the world, safe travels :t:

• Like 1

well lets hope its 'The Rocket' ;)

I like the look of the new kevlars alot more black than previous seasons, after all the diamonds are black and white.

I like the look of the new kevlars alot more black than previous seasons, after all the diamonds are black and white.

Looking forward to seeing them on Sunday because apparently some dude who 'feels no fear' is more important in the sport section of the news than an actual North East sports team and I'm going away to Finland now, so I won't be able to watch the news

BBC Look North has never been the same since Jeff brown left but he used to like speedway as well as the reporting.

Perhaps he will 'steam ride' a bit more this Season. :o;):D

BBC Look North has never been the same since Jeff brown left but he used to like speedway as well as the reporting.

I didn't know that Jeff had left Look North - when did that happen?

I hope he does but i cant see Robert Lambert finishing the season here at Newcastle he has too much on as it is riding abroad will take priority for him

Think about 2013 if my memory serves me right but do not quote me.

Think about 2013 if my memory serves me right but do not quote me.

The only reason I ask is that as far as I know he is still presenting for Look North. He was on yesterday.

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1