British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

not if they let him ;)

He would also be ahead of an opponent, unless he was in third, but conceding 1-5s just to boost his average is very short sighted tactic and not one many fans would like :nono:

How many points would be freed up if we replaced Lambert with Kus?

This is of course an academic question now as we have re-set the reserves this week but er...just asking, like.

I think you would be wise to stay clear of Stoneman for a while. Accident waiting to happen. He has the brain of a hard top rider but lacks the skill set required to complete half the time and a step up a league would see him out foxed by more experienced guys and straight onto the injury list. Big miss was not securing a deal to get Bacon from P'Boro he looked sublime at Kent the other night.

Was there ever an opportunity for us to get Bacon? Peterborough would have to want to let him go first...

This is of course an academic question now as we have re-set the reserves this week but er...just asking, like.

Ooooo, don't even suggest dropping Lambert, people get mad if you do that... Trust me...

Looking at Rene's twitter, he must have some kind of soft spot for Newcastle in general... I really really hope he's back one day

Come back Bach

Good to see Conner taking out the team so he can enjoy his speedway now with somebody else getting the chance. The problem is signing another 2 pointer probably isn't enough, as the pressure will still be massive and we wont get big reserve points other good sides can get. However Greenwood cant be any worse so good luck to him hopefully he has improved from his last short spell.

• Like 1

Was there ever an opportunity for us to get Bacon? Peterborough would have to want to let him go first...

Ooooo, don't even suggest dropping Lambert, people get mad if you do that... Trust me...

Looking at Rene's twitter, he must have some kind of soft spot for Newcastle in general... I really really hope he's back one day

Come back Bach

You're drooling again :D

You would only have 1.61 points left if you ditched Lambert & a reserve and brought Kus in, so obviously can't do that. Your options in that case would be up to 9.25 points, so for example Adam Roynon and Coty Garcia (if/when redcar release)

But realistically Lambert and Greenwood or Roynan and Garcia :shock: - no brainer to me

I think the question you should ask is how many points would be lost if we replaced Lambert with Kus not to mention fans!! No brainer, neither can gate in my opinion but if Kus misses the gate he very rarely passes anyone and usually goes backwards, if Lambert misses the gate, he chases like mad and most time he passes them. I really can't see why you would contemplate replacing Lambert with Kus, its like replacing Worrall with Lee Smethills!!!

• Like 3

Looking at Rene's twitter, he must have some kind of soft spot for Newcastle in general...

It's where he started his career in the UK and stayed with us for 3 seasons before that unfortunate injury in 2012. He made his home in Newcastle, so he is bound to have a 'soft spot' for the place.

You're drooling again :D

I certainly am ^_^

It's where he started his career in the UK and stayed with us for 3 seasons before that unfortunate injury in 2012. He made his home in Newcastle, so he is bound to have a 'soft spot' for the place.

Yep, so a return is not out of the question :) I don't necessarily mean this year, but in the future maybe

I think George has left it too late, if we were going to make a Lambert + reserve out move, we needed to do it before the first average change was made... When Steve, Lewis and Ashley's average were at the point they were at the beginning of the season

He started with P'Boro didn't he? Or am I mistaking him for someone else

He rode for Peterborough and Newcastle in 2009. dunno which team first, but I would say he made his name more up north where he stayed a while, than Peterborough

Started as a P'Boro asset, I believe he had a couple of meetings, but then joined us in the same year and stayed with us from there.

• Like 1

Started as a P'Boro asset, I believe he had a couple of meetings, but then joined us in the same year and stayed with us from there.

So basically, he rode for Peterborough first, but really made his name in Newcastle :P

• Like 1

I certainly am ^_^

Yep, so a return is not out of the question :) I don't necessarily mean this year, but in the future maybe

I think George has left it too late, if we were going to make a Lambert + reserve out move, we needed to do it before the first average change was made... When Steve, Lewis and Ashley's average were at the point they were at the beginning of the season

It would never have been even a consideration.

• Like 1

So basically, he rode for Peterborough first, but really made his name in Newcastle :P

Was unlucky not to win a PLRC , but his then team mate , Kenni Larsen , did him no favours on the first bend in the final . We loved having him at Glasgow last year , he turned our season around after he got him in to replace Ben Barker .

Edited by Paulco

It would never have been even a consideration.

Not even to strengthen out obvious weaknesses? I'm sorry but Rene would do just s good of a job at Brough as Robert does and he'd do a pretty decent job on the road, everyone just likes Robert because he's so young... And I admire him too :P

Was unlucky not to win a PLRC , but his then team mate , Kenni Larsen , did him no favours on the first bend in the final . We loved having him at Glasgow last year , he turned our season around after he got him in to replace Ben Barker .

I've always loved Rene, probably the only rider I'd chose over Ludvig :o I think Rene and Kenni got in each others way because neither could bare to lose to their team mate :P Haha