British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Like I say Davey Watt has retired, doesn't mean he can't be a mechanic, he needs something to do until his flight back to Aus, as for him being a solid number 3 that's the funniest thing I've read on this forum in a while and I read a lot of pish, he scored f*** all for Poole, Leicester and Rye.

• Like 1

I`m guessing that this is your go at sarcasm.

Scream - Sorry. It's just that I cannot see how, given the back story, never mind the fact that he has retired, anyone could seriously suggest Watt coming back to Newcastle. Everyone has their own ideas, that's one of the things that makes it fun, but...

I was merely pointing out that Watt returning would be on a par with re-signing little Manu. I probably owe Lund an apology: he did have one decent half season. I think I actually meant Rune Knudsen.

Dandelion - if we did get Bach I wouldn't be displeased but I think that in reality he is now a 7 point man much like Ludde and should be viewed as such. Then again given George's man management skills, if anyone could put Rene back where he was, perhaps it's him.

.... and Stoke.

Spot on, AF.

The change will probably be Robson but I'd be prepared to make a couple of changes personally we aren't going to make the playoffs so I'd have one eye on next season maybe try and bring a new Dane over or something with a view to them getting a realistic average for next season. This season has been a bit of a disaster so we don't really have anything to lose.

Well not necessarily a Dane ( as has been pointed out, averages work against that) but not another ex-Diamond- going to BP can be like Groundhog Day at times

I think we can still get an injury replacement for Lewis, and bring back Lewis later if there is any of the season left. Gives us alternatives if his replacement doesn't work out good, and still have the opportunity of reinstating Lewis.

I know someone from Ippy who can confirm or deny it, Bruv.

There is absolutely no chance whatsoever of Davey Watt ever being invited back to Newcastle after what happened in his last spell. Particularly Exeter.

Well I don't know anything about that because I haven't been going to Newcastle for that long, can you explain?

Any new dane would come in on a 7. and we don't have that much to play with.

That's why it has been said that more team changes would have to be made, but we're not doing anything for the rest of this year, so it's just ahead for next year..

How about Coty Garcia, his next meeting for Redcar will be his last and he is available on a free loan.

Would be ok, but I'd personally prefer someone better for Lewis... No offence, I like Coty, especially with his story :)

I think we can still get an injury replacement for Lewis, and bring back Lewis later if there is any of the season left. Gives us alternatives if his replacement doesn't work out good, and still have the opportunity of reinstating Lewis.

I know someone from Ippy who can confirm or deny it, Bruv.

so,,, who is it Dave ??? (the replacement) Edited by ruffdiamond

Like I say Davey Watt has retired, doesn't mean he can't be a mechanic, he needs something to do until his flight back to Aus, as for him being a solid number 3 that's the funniest thing I've read on this forum in a while and I read a lot of pish, he scored f*** all for Poole, Leicester and Rye.

He has a lot of experience and has been around British tracks for a long time, I'm not saying he'd score bags of points, but he wouldn't be completely bad... Although the way some people are talking about him here... He must have done something to upset someone a while back...

Scream - Sorry. It's just that I cannot see how, given the back story, never mind the fact that he has retired, anyone could seriously suggest Watt coming back to Newcastle. Everyone has their own ideas, that's one of the things that makes it fun, but...

I was merely pointing out that Watt returning would be on a par with re-signing little Manu. I probably owe Lund an apology: he did have one decent half season. I think I actually meant Rune Knudsen.

Dandelion - if we did get Bach I wouldn't be displeased but I think that in reality he is now a 7 point man much like Ludde and should be viewed as such. Then again given George's man management skills, if anyone could put Rene back where he was, perhaps it's him.

Spot on, AF.

Well not necessarily a Dane ( as has been pointed out, averages work against that) but not another ex-Diamond- going to BP can be like Groundhog Day at times

I wish I knew what people were talking about with the Watt saga... Then maybe I could agree...

Think you'd find it hard being a Scunthorpe fan... With the groundhog day remark xD

Also, Rene Bach being reffered to as a 7 point man... A 7 point man is perfect for the number 3 spot... I'd say, at the minute, Rene and Lewis would score similar points... (Maybe not this exact minute... But you know what I mean :P )

Edited by Dandelion

Jake Allen id go for, assuming his average fits

about 6.1 after the multiplier I think

Im very surprised no Championship club has looked to take him so far - assuming he would want a place (and cant see why he wouldnt)

Any new dane would come in on a 7. and we don't have that much to play with.

That's why I said we should personally make a couple of changes. As much as I'd like it to happen can't see it, and I think this has Stuart Robson written all over it.

He has a lot of experience and has been around British tracks for a long time, I'm not saying he'd score bags of points, but he wouldn't be completely bad... Although the way some people are talking about him here... He must have done something to upset someone a while back...

I wish I knew what people were talking about with the Watt saga... Then maybe I could agree...

Think you'd find it hard being a Scunthorpe fan... With the groundhog day remark xD

Also, Rene Bach being reffered to as a 7 point man... A 7 point man is perfect for the number 3 spot... I'd say, at the minute, Rene and Lewis would score similar points... (Maybe not this exact minute... But you know what I mean :P )

Davey Watt cost Newcastle a league title it's been mentioned on here a few times in the past couple of months. He hasn't rode in the Championship (Premier League) for a LONG time anyways and so wouldn't know what to do at the likes of Edinburgh and Berwick. I strongly believe that you would get more points from Coty Garcia than you would from Davey Watt right now but that doesn't matter because like I've said he is retired, Darcy Ward's incident and his partner leaving him got to his head far too much to ride speedway anymore.
  • Like 1

about 6.1 after the multiplier I think

Im very surprised no Championship club has looked to take him so far - assuming he would want a place (and cant see why he wouldnt)

Jake Allen id go for, assuming his average fits

Would we need to get a visa for him? Or would the one Somerset got cover him for both leagues?

Edited by ren

We came up with three names that could 'fit the bill,' two whilst standing waiting for the ambulance and one just after we had set off after the meeting:

Jake Allen and Stu Robson (as already mentioned) and one who (I don't think) has been mentioned and that is Nicolai Busk Jakobsen

Davey Watt cost Newcastle a league title it's been mentioned on here a few times in the past couple of months. He hasn't rode in the Championship (Premier League) for a LONG time anyways and so wouldn't know what to do at the likes of Edinburgh and Berwick. I strongly believe that you would get more points from Coty Garcia than you would from Davey Watt right now but that doesn't matter because like I've said he is retired, Darcy Ward's incident and his partner leaving him got to his head far too much to ride speedway anymore.

Davy Watt used to get to my head when he didn't try to ride speedway at tracks such as Stoke and Exeter in 2002.

Would we need to get a visa for him? Or would the one Somerset got cover him for both leagues?

I don't think the one work permit/visa allows him to ride for anyone else, nor to guest either.

Ive no idea. Dont know if you need seperate sponsors or not.

Davy Watt used to get to my head when he didn't try to ride speedway at tracks such as Stoke and Exeter in 2002.

I don't think the one work permit/visa allows him to ride for anyone else, nor to guest either.

Ive no idea. Dont know if you need seperate sponsors or not.

If we had to apply for a new one surely that would take too long? Wouldn't be worth it

• Like 1