British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

He has a lot of experience and has been around British tracks for a long time, I'm not saying he'd score bags of points, but he wouldn't be completely bad... Although the way some people are talking about him here... He must have done something to upset someone a while back...

I wish I knew what people were talking about with the Watt saga... Then maybe I could agree...

Think you'd find it hard being a Scunthorpe fan... With the groundhog day remark xD

Also, Rene Bach being reffered to as a 7 point man... A 7 point man is perfect for the number 3 spot... I'd say, at the minute, Rene and Lewis would score similar points... (Maybe not this exact minute... But you know what I mean :P )

Polite version.

In 2002 Newcastle were title contenders and just missed out. Watts performance at Stoke was regarded as being why we lost the title. All riders have bike problems or injuries which we accept. But Watts performance could not be accepted.

At Exeter he was so bad that I recall Darryl Illingworth quit at the meeting and had to be stopped from quitting altogether by Tsunami, which would have meant the end of Newcastle Speedway.

Since that season Watt has never been forgiven by the promotion, other members of the team that season, or supporters. He was never asked to guest for us or invited to any open meetings during the last 15 seasons. I cannot think of any other rider that has been blackballed by the Newcastle promotion like this. If he was ever booked as a guest or signed I would still not go to a meeting.

Edited by toontrader
  • Like 2

Polite version.

In 2002 Newcastle were title contenders and just missed out. Watts performance at Stoke was regarded as being why we lost the title. All riders have bike problems or injuries which we accept. But Watts performance could not be accepted.

At Exeter he was so bad that I recall Darryl Illingworth quit at the meeting and had to be stopped from quitting altogether by Tsunami, which would have meant the end of Newcastle Speedway.

Since that season Watt has never been forgiven by the promotion, other members of the team that season, or supporters. He was never asked to guest for us or invited to any open meetings during the last 15 seasons. I cannot think of any other rider that has been blackballed by the Newcastle promotion like this. If he was ever booked as a guest or signed I would still not go to a meeting.

At the Exeter meeting, George was on holiday and Darryl and I were the team managers. We were doing well in the league again and fancied our chances, as Exeter were not the full force early in that season. Darryl and I walked over the centre green and discussed the team talk to get our riders fired up. Davy looked over the track and said "well I"ll not get anything here". We had the team talk in the dressing room, and hoped we had inspired the team to do well, but unfortunately one rider, who was probable the best gater in the team, chose to deliberately drop the clutch last and only went to the first bend on half power. He coasted round making no attempt to race, whilst the rest gave their all as usual. That rider was pulled out of his last ride.

At Stoke, it's best not to repeat what actually happened, but fair to say Davy was lucky to walk out of the stadium.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 2

Polite version.

Olly Allen came close allegedly lol
  • Like 2

Yes at Arena Essex. 1 point I think he got.

Yes at Arena Essex. 1 point I think he got.

Did he not wipe out Dickie Juul in the opening heat, too?

Did he not wipe out Dickie Juul in the opening heat, too?

Probably Steve. We had to put him out of his misery and put someone else in for his forth ride. Great guest. :P

personally dont give a monkeys about watt anymore that was past now to the future mr parks

comment about jackobsen is a good call and its not often i agree with him i can tell you

but if not its got to be robson watched last week against wolves and he looked right on his

game. i no hes at reserve for rye but he still has to ride against all the rider,s

Stu Robson signed subject to bspa approval great signing

I'm glad to hear that we've signed him :t: He was one of the very first Newcastle riders I got to see race properly...

I'm glad to hear that we've signed him :t: He was one of the very first Newcastle riders I got to see race properly...

it was just about a knocking-bet, but unfortunately,,, I think WKD will be putting more input into threads :(

Due to a late change in circumstances, I have 2 second bend tickets for this weekends British GP, and University accommodation for Friday and Saturday available. The ticket value was £45 each, and the Halls rooms were £26 per person per night. Therefore total value of £194 but looking for offers.

Let me know if anyone is interested.

I'm interested but I can't go unfortunately :(

I like the look of that lowering average for Tero, maybe for next year? Would make a great reserve... Partnered with Danny (if back) or Hopwood (preferably)

That poses another interesting question... If given the choice next year... Ben Hopwood probably on an average higher than 2.00 or Danny Phillips on a 2.00?

Edited by Dandelion

So Robson doesn't come back to this division on his average from last season?

Hmmm.