British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

That's a very good question I wonder why, could it be that Robert Lambert has more Polish commitments and Newcastle are now in a position with home dates available but no No 1.

well, am saying 'upto now',,, can't see any on the website or SGB site, but haven't checked the ISLB site (if they have one)

Don't you just love loyal fans!!!![/quote

I appreciate that this may be difficult for you to understand, but please try: sometimes loyalty can be strained. We have held season tickets for 18 years and today is the first match in all that time when I have been able to go, but will not. I am not very happy about that, but it is the way I feel.

I hope that it is a decent match tonight for those who do go: however, I will vote with my feet on this occasion.

Not difficult at at all, all I'll say is hope you enjoy x factor when you could be watching and supporting the club when theirs backs are against the wall.

• Like 1

I see on the Newcastle website the fixture on the 17th has been changed from Sheffield to Redcar so the Bears turn down a double header on the same day to do exactly that on different dates? makes no sense at all IMO!

I see on the Newcastle website the fixture on the 17th has been changed from Sheffield to Redcar so the Bears turn down a double header on the same day to do exactly that on different dates? makes no sense at all IMO!

it just shows that Newcastle are doing their utmost to ensure the Bears get their fixtures complete before the 'cut-off', to help their chances of a play off place,,, good stuff, should be comended.

• Like 1

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but what are they doing on different days which is the same as the double header scenario?

Apologies if I'm missing something obvious but what are they doing on different days which is the same as the double header scenario?

Consecutive home matches matches!

OK - thanks

I can see where you are coming from, but, imo, there is a big difference in riding two meetings on the same evening and two meetings two weeks apart! Granted it is not ideal, but we are now into silly season when most tracks are trying to fit in fixtures which should have been held earlier in the summer - ironically clubs are now agreeing to ride with top riders missing which was most probably the reason the meetings were not organised back during the "proper season"!

If that was a typo - sorry for pointing it out, if it was intentional - very very good good :t:

• Like 1

ame="Terrace Grumbler" post="3023796" timestamp="1504430809"]

Not difficult at at all, all I'll say is hope you enjoy x factor when you could be watching and supporting the club when theirs backs are against the wall.

Let's agree to disagree.

I'm pleased we won and in retrospect it would've been good to have been there, but hey ... that was how I felt at the time.

Onwards and upwards.

• Like 1

Let's agree to disagree.

I'm pleased we won and in retrospect it would've been good to have been there, but hey ... that was how I felt at the time.

Onwards and upwards.

That's fine I just hate negativity I've always been a glass half full guy
  • Like 2

That's fine I just hate negativity I've always been a glass half full guy

but for every one thats half full, there's one half empty.

must say tho, what a fantastic ht15 with Steve and Ludde he missed.

but for every one thats half full, there's one half empty.

must say tho, what a fantastic ht15 with Steve and Ludde he missed.

Mines always three quarters empty. :sad::sad::sad:

• Like 1

Mines always three quarters empty. :sad::sad::sad:

Perhaps it's time for a re-fill then?

• Like 1

Are we in danger of not completing our matches? No match this Sunday nothing as yet announced for next Sunday either.