British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Could you name the 12 please? Very interested to find out which ones you reckon would sign and out-perform Danny.

As far as I'm aware, Connor Mountain wasn't at Brough Park on P&P day.

Anyway, what's this fixation with Connor Mountain? :D:P

I think it was in the 2015 P&P if my memory serves me right? I know that's a while ago now though :P

Wouldn't mind a few different riders, Dan Greenwood, Coles, Phillips, and so on, but I think of all the realistic 2.00 NL riders, Mountain is the best :P So that's what my 'fixation' is, although I've mentioned Danny more than Connor I think

Was it Nathan Greaves that George was interested in towards the end of 2015? I think he rode for us at Scunthorpe and there was some talk about him then?

I can certainly see the Pros & Cons however i do wonder that if there was little improvement over the course of 2016 why will that be any different in 2017? If a new 2.00er came in at the same level would they have a better chance of improving? There were some excellent No.7's this season and some disappointments and i don't expect the level in 2017 to be any different.

Phillips did get a little better over the course of 2016, whether it was a lot, not really, but it was a little better :P Also he averages over 2 points last year didn't he? So if he comes in on a 2, he'd be doing his part, and he's localish, and all the previous points made

Everyone has their opinions I guess

As harsh as it sounds I didn't see any improvement in Danny despite plenty of effort and no real signs of progress either. The reality is he was no quicker at the end of the year than he was at the start. You are really looking for potential and signs of progress even if it's not shown in points, e.g. being regularly on the pace and picking up the odd win. We just didn't see that with Danny.

For those reasons I don't see the point of including him again. I know some are suggesting reserves will be weaker, but is that really a reason for including him? Surely that's a better reason for giving a rider who might have more longer term potential a chance?

I suspect he will get a place but I think that's more to do with the paucity of riders riding up here. If they had options I doubt he'd be in the team.

I think it was in the 2015 P&P if my memory serves me right? I know that's a while ago now though :P

Wouldn't mind a few different riders, Dan Greenwood, Coles, Phillips, and so on, but I think of all the realistic 2.00 NL riders, Mountain is the best :P So that's what my 'fixation' is, although I've mentioned Danny more than Connor I think

Connor came up with Lewis Rose, and I believe they come from the same town/village. He enjoyed his visit, but with riding for Mildenhall he is likely to join a more local club.

Right here we go;

Bacon

Greenwood

Chessell

Mountain

Perks

Wood

Knight

Halsey

Hughes

Coles

Priest

Hopwood

Knight has twitted that he will be unable to start the new season.

NJC71

For those reasons I don't see the point of including him again. I know some are suggesting reserves will be weaker, but is that really a reason for including him? Surely that's a better reason for giving a rider who might have more longer term potential a chance?

I suspect he will get a place but I think that's more to do with the paucity of riders riding up here. If they had options I doubt he'd be in the team.

Of course

Edited by Tsunami

Connor came up with Lewis Rose, and I believe they come from the same town/village. He enjoyed his visit, but with riding for Mildenhall he is likely to join a more local club.

Knight has twitted that he will be unable to start the new season.

NJC71

Of course

Who says he'll be riding for Mildenhall next year? He comes from King's Lynn doesn't he? Connor that is, I'm glad he enjoyed his visit though and I hope whichever team he joins, I get to watch him at Brough next year at least once :t: Don't Mildenhall mainly run on Sunday's too? Or am I again getting things wrong in my head? :P

Who says he'll be riding for Mildenhall next year? He comes from King's Lynn doesn't he? Connor that is, I'm glad he enjoyed his visit though and I hope whichever team he joins, I get to watch him at Brough next year at least once :t:Don't Mildenhall mainly run on Sunday's too? Or am I again getting things wrong in my head? :P

...and there's the rub.

...and there's the rub.

Who says he'll be riding for Mildenhall next year? He comes from King's Lynn doesn't he? Connor that is, I'm glad he enjoyed his visit though and I hope whichever team he joins, I get to watch him at Brough next year at least once :t: Don't Mildenhall mainly run on Sunday's too? Or am I again getting things wrong in my head? :P

I'm just wondering if there's going to be any surprise signings for us. It would be nice to get some more silverware with a fresh face. Then again, it would be nice to win anything at all!

1. Jason Garrity 8.55 (This will go down well with the people who like Garrity and not well with the people who hate him, but there's no denying, he has talent and entertainment, he wouldn't be at number 1 for too long imo, so he'd make a perfect 2nd or 3rd heatleader, doesn't look like he'll be joining Sheffield of Berwick and can't see where else he'd be, I've always liked Garrity and he's another Brit :))

2. Ashley Morris 4.98 (Great tryer and never let us down once last season)

3. Lewis Rose 6.12 (This is one of Lewis' big step up years this year I think, he could be a 7 point rider come the end of the season)

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.69 (Great captain, good at the number 4 spot)

5. Steve Worrall 8.47 (Would think he'd go to number 1 eventually but a solid team leader and he'd go in the 9s eventually imo)

6. 2.19 (So a pick from a few riders from the NL who come in on a 2, whoever it may be)

7. Danny Phillips 2.00 (All the previously made points in this thread, pros and cons)

6 Brits 1 Swede

If Lewis Rose doesn't want to ride for us next year, replace him with Newman or Aarnio in the team above and I'd be happy :t:

Is Garrity a good enough new face?

Edited by Dandelion

1. Jason Garrity 8.55 (This will go down well with the people who like Garrity and not well with the people who hate him, but there's no denying, he has talent and entertainment, he wouldn't be at number 1 for too long imo, so he'd make a perfect 2nd or 3rd heatleader, doesn't look like he'll be joining Sheffield of Berwick and can't see where else he'd be, I've always liked Garrity and he's another Brit :))

2. Ashley Morris 4.98 (Great tryer and never let us down once last season)

3. Lewis Rose 6.12 (This is one of Lewis' big step up years this year I think, he could be a 7 point rider come the end of the season)

4. Ludvig Lindgren 7.69 (Great captain, good at the number 4 spot)

5. Steve Worrall 8.47 (Would think he'd go to number 1 eventually but a solid team leader and he'd go in the 9s eventually imo)

6. 2.19 (So a pick from a few riders from the NL who come in on a 2, whoever it may be)

7. Danny Phillips 2.00 (All the previously made points in this thread, pros and cons)

6 Brits 1 Swede

If Lewis Rose doesn't want to ride for us next year, replace him with Newman or Aarnio in the team above and I'd be happy :t:

Is Garrity a good enough new face?

Garrity is good but comes with lots of baggage according to most. Not sure what that baggage is???? Answers anyone

Garrity is good but comes with lots of baggage according to most. Not sure what that baggage is???? Answers anyone

Never heard of any 'baggage' just know that he's one of the most entertaining riders I have ever watched, and he'd bring in people through the turnstiles, regardless of how successful the year is really going, I know he has argued with promoters and stuff, but I dunno much else

Never heard of any 'baggage' just know that he's one of the most entertaining riders I have ever watched, and he'd bring in people through the turnstiles, regardless of how successful the year is really going, I know he has argued with promoters and stuff, but I dunno much else

Snap, I think he is top drawer and very entertaining and would be a great addition, just going off what I have read on other threads.

Big question is would he be able to patch things up with Phil the Start Marshall!!

Snap, I think he is top drawer and very entertaining and would be a great addition, just going off what I have read on other threads.

Big question is would he be able to patch things up with Phil the Start Marshall!!

I think he's good mates with Steve too :)

I'd hope he could XD If Garrity went around only riding for teams he was friends with everyone there, he'd ride for no one :P Maybe that's the baggage people talk about?

Jason "Grumpy" Garrity could be his nickname