British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

If we use what the site calls the "2017 team building averages" you are over the limit by 0.18

if we take 2.5% off Lambert and Rose then you're under the limit by 0.19

Now you say you're only under by 0.04

I'm off to phone Carol Vorderman.

You forgot to add VAT!!! :D

well 8 teams built ... heres my prediction so far

1 Sheffield 2 Glasgow 3 us 4 Ipswich 5 Workington 6 Berwick 7 redcar 8 Scunthorpe

assuming we are allowed to field our riders this year ......... we should have in good chance in plrc, pairs, fours and as we will be strong at home no one will fancy meeting us in cup or playoffs

mind you I think there will be some wild a wacky results around this season ... I will be amazed if anyone has an unbeaten record at home

I know injuries are part and parcel of speedway, but only Sheffield look capable of carrying r/r for any length of time

if Glasgow lose Richie they lose a heat leader for 3 strong reserves taking 3 rides

if we lose rose or morris .... we will be in trouble ... even at home

and likewise the rest look incapable of covering injury

also looks like kus and robson are 2 of the casualties of 40 limit and only 10 teams ... very sad

• Like 1

1 Sheffield 2 Glasgow 3 us 4 Ipswich 5 Workington 6 Berwick 7 redcar 8 Scunthorpe

assuming we are allowed to field our riders this year ......... we should have in good chance in plrc, pairs, fours and as we will be strong at home no one will fancy meeting us in cup or playoffs

mind you I think there will be some wild a wacky results around this season ... I will be amazed if anyone has an unbeaten record at home

I know injuries are part and parcel of speedway, but only Sheffield look capable of carrying r/r for any length of time

if Glasgow lose Richie they lose a heat leader for 3 strong reserves taking 3 rides

also looks like kus and robson are 2 of the casualties of 40 limit and only 10 teams ... very sad

At least Robbo has a team place in the SGB Premiership with Rye House, unlike Matej, who may be missing out altogether.

At least Robbo has a team place in the SGB Premiership with Rye House, unlike Matej, who may be missing out altogether.

True. But he has got a polish ride this next year.

• Like 2

A week without a post on the Newcastle 2017 thread. :o

The team is as follows: -

Robert Lambert

Lewis Rose

Ludvig Lindgren

Ashley Morris

Steve Worrall

Danny Philips

Connor Coles

Robert Lambert will surely rack up even more points for Newcastle that he did in 2016

Lewis Rose was really motoring before his injury 2016. He could come on by leaps and bounds in 2017

Ludvig Lindgren has thousands of fans because of his skill at coming from behind. I am a fan too so keep it up Ludde

Ashley Morris Came in late 2016 and we are all pleased he has been signed for 2017. Ash and Lewis are the lads who could be the key to Newcastle winning things?

Steve Worrall As good as Robert. These two will get vital points for Newcastle in heats 13 and 15

Danny Philips

Danny has struggled but occasionally he trapped and rode great first two turns. Our promoters have stuck with the lad so perhaps experts like George etc can see a great improvement in Danno in 2017

Connor Coles

Such an advantage to have your dad and grandpappy as ex riders. Lets hope Connor wants success badly

• Like 1

I think Lewis Rose is the key. If he can start where he left off last season then he will be great support for the top 3

• Like 1

Glad to see you are comparing Richie with Lewis and Ashley. Glasgow losing Richie is the same as Newcastle losing Steve. If Glasgow lose Bewley or Lunna then they will be in the same boat as us losing Rose or Morris. (i.e. in trouble) You have to compare like for like. Bewley will find it a lot harder in the main body of the team. Yes he has beaten heat leaders around Glasgow, but so has Lewis around Newcastle. As I've said before the hardest bit will be trying to find 2 point guests if we need to cover injury to the reserves.

As I've said before the hardest bit will be trying to find 2 point guests if we need to cover injury to the reserves.

Can't see that myself; you'll have the pick of 30 NL riders!

Quite a few of which will be riding on a Sunday

• Like 1

Aye but last season if , for example, your reserve was averaging 2.2 you could get anyone who was averaging up to 3.00 to guest, so in fact you get a stronger reserve. This year it will have to be under 2.2. And as Steve says a lot of them will be riding on Sundays. I very much doubt that there are as many as 30 who would qualify.

Edited by leander

The Diamonds look a strong team on paper compared to others so far announced.

I hope Ash can continue his steady improvement.

• Like 1

The Diamonds look a strong team on paper compared to others so far announced.

I hope Ash can continue his steady improvement.

I very much hope that you are right sb. :t::approve:

The problem is that Speedway is raced on the Track - not paper. :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

• Like 2

The problem is that Speedway is raced on the Track - not paper. :unsure: :unsure: :blink:

yeah,,, things don't always look like they do on the box ;)

Correct. Everyone rides on paper .......until March.:t:

• Like 1