British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Don't think Lindgren would go, and I really don't want him to

And as much as I like Morris, and how much he's impressed me so far, 2 of either Carr, Morley or Ayres for Morris and Phillips would be a good option in my opinion

I was kinda hoping at the beginning fo the year that Payne would sign for us anyway, quite like watching him, so I'd like that also

1. Robert Lambert

2. Liam Carr

3. Lewis Rose

4. Ludvig Lindgren

5. Steve Worrall

6. Lee Payne/Danny Ayres/Morley

7. Connor Coles

Or maybe when the new averages come out Morris can stay at number 2? :) Wonder if his and Danny's average will go up high enough to swap Phillips and Morris for Ayres and Jacobs? I dunno, they'd both (Morris and Danny) would have to have reached over 9.06 combined... Which doesn't look likely

I think someone has already mentioned this earlier in the thread, but Danny's average will remain on 2.00, as he won't have ridden in 4 home and 4 away matches.

Edited by Steve Park

Hmmmmm, at least he's kinda experienced? Might help Connor out, when was the last time he rode Brough out of curiosity?

Edited by Dandelion

Ben rode for us in the play-offs against ippo last season and against Somerset.

Rode very steadily and scored a few points in each match.

Even beat BWD!!

He'll do as a 2 pointer.

• Like 1

Even beat BWD!!

He'll do as a 2 pointer.

That's a positive sounding sign :t:

Even beat BWD!!

He'll do as a 2 pointer.

Ben Hopwood 5.83 NL against Danny Phillips 6.25 NL

Has Ben ever had a PL(Championship) average ?

No that's why he's a 2 pointer.

Just checking as he has been to so many clubs I thought he must of had one sometime. Best around I believe, and it has now been announced by our promotion. Think he is more of a bigger track rider and he has had several meetings around Brough.

Hmmmmm, at least he's kinda experienced? Might help Connor out, when was the last time he rode Brough out of curiosity?

think he rode Brough last season a couple of times, guesting for some-one, without pulling any trees up, but then again a don't think he was expected to.

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1

Ben Hopwood is an ok signing, don't get me wrong, reminds me of when we signed Schramm or MIlls for some reason, but I was just wondering when the last time he rode Brough was @Tsunami

Hope Connor can step up a bit... Not that I think people should expect him to yet, but he needs to...

Pleased they kept the same 1-6 and just replaced Phillips ,onwards and upwards..

Ben Hopwood is an ok signing, don't get me wrong, reminds me of when we signed Schramm or MIlls for some reason, but I was just wondering when the last time he rode Brough was @Tsunami

Hope Connor can step up a bit... Not that I think people should expect him to yet, but he needs to...

Not sure of the dates or the performance but he did guest last year, and whilst he guested the year previous he got his footpeg caught under the kickboard coming off the second bend and retired injured from the meeting. He's a gutsy rider and, as you correctly imply, we have a habit of turning someones fortunes around like Pepe, Lemon, Lindgren, Schramm, Mills, Tero and Morris(lot more to come from Ash IMO).

Let's get behind the lad, who will give his best and not let us down. He has a chance of a long term signing with us just for a change, and i know he will be on top equipment like normal.

Interested as to what nickname Roy has got for him. Any suggestions ?

• Like 2

Does anyone remember Bob Andrews notably Cradley Heath. He was a very good rider qualifying for world finals etc. Bob and I exchange emails and he helps me with info my websites, he has lived in NZ for some years now. Well his grandson Bradley Andrews is over here riding in the NL. After a slow start Bradley is now scoring well. My tip is Bradley who could turn out to be a chip off the old block. Too late now as we just signed Hopwood ! God that was quick