British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Do you disagree that the standard this year is markedly lower than in previous seasons?

Heat 2 is in danger of becoming an embarrassment - in my opinion.

I disagree ,you have to give young riders a chance not many riders become superstars overnight,better than some 2nd rate foreigners we have seen ,at least the youngsters are putting abit of effort into it.Averages have a lot to account for IMO .
  • Like 3

Do you disagree that the standard this year is markedly lower than in previous seasons?

Heat 2 is in danger of becoming an embarrassment - in my opinion.

It hasn't exactly been the best draw for reserves for this season. It always seems like they're put against riders who just annihilate them on any given day. Doesn't help for the confidence, and every team seems to have a reserve who struggles. I won't say does bad, because to give credit where credits due, Phillips and Coles both try their hardest. Sometimes I just think the issue with Connor is he tries a bit too hard going into the bend and slips off. All we can do is just hope for improvement in all the reserves.

It is certainly an embarrassment when you have two 2pt riders and they really are 2pt riders!!

That made me laugh. :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

With both reserves on 2's we can use them in either combination. Sometime riding them in different combination home and away gives you some opportunities.

Can we? I thought if you had two riders on same average you had to nominate order until greensheets dictate otherwise. You can use a suitable (averagewise) championship guest for a number 6 but only a NL guest for a no.7, unless that's changed from last year. Your no. 7 has to be lowest average rider as Heat 4 is still a protected race for your no 7.

Ipswich had swapped Connor and Danyon between 6 & 7.

Danyon at home and Connor away.

• Like 1

I'd personally have Connor at 7 and Ben at 6, Connor needs them races against the other team's number 7 to boost his confidence and he's more likely to beat him than the other riders our number 6 would be against

Let's not forget that Ben Hopwood rode for Poole a few seasons ago!! And he seems to have started very well in the NL this season, he's been around the sport for a few years now so hopefully he can kick on in the CL and give Connor a few tips too!!

Edited by Dandelion
  • Like 2

That is a great shame, I remember hearing not long before he got injured of rumors that he was going to return to Newcastle

Good luck with the rest of your life Kenni, maybe you will be back later on down the line :t:

• Like 1

That is a great shame, I remember hearing not long before he got injured of rumors that he was going to return to Newcastle

Good luck with the rest of your life Kenni, maybe you will be back later on down the line :t:

Got to especially thank him for our 2010 season. That was one of our best seasons in recent times. We won the KO Cup, PL Playoffs, and Premier Trophy. Kenni also won the PLRC and broke the Track Record at Brough. Maybe 2017 could be similar, if only we could get better at Away fixtures.

He was and always will be by far one of my favourite Newcastle riders. Sad to hear he's packed it in, hopefully he finds success in the rest of his life!

• Like 3

Got to especially thank him for our 2010 season. That was one of our best seasons in recent times. We won the KO Cup, PL Playoffs, and Premier Trophy. Kenni also won the PLRC and broke the Track Record at Brough!

The team (iirc it was something like Kenni, Deek, Rene Bach, Dakota North, Lemo, Jason King and Anders Andersson) would probably win the Premiership now, let alone the Championship. Great days.

• Like 2

The team (iirc it was something like Kenni, Deek, Rene Bach, Dakota North, Lemo, Jason King and Anders Andersson) would probably win the Premiership now, let alone the Championship. Great days.

Andersen rode in 15 meetings after replacing Adam McKinna who had ridden in 33, after Adam broke a bone in his neck against Stoke.

Larsen and Bach were basically the 2010 equivalent of Kus and Lindgren. They'd spend so long trying to beat each other, we'd end up with a 5-1.

Andersen rode in 15 meetings after replacing Adam McKinna who had ridden in 33, after Adam broke a bone in his neck against Stoke.

Crash with Taylor Poole I believe.

Larsen and Bach were basically the 2010 equivalent of Kus and Lindgren. They'd spend so long trying to beat each other, we'd end up with a 5-1.

'first back to the pits'

• Like 1