British Speedway Forum
Dandelion

Newcastle 2017

Not to worry. Workington's James Sarjeant's +5% average (for home guests), is lower than his GSA, according to issue 12 and 13 (GSA 5.66. +5% = 5.38!)!!

Not to worry. Workington's James Sarjeant's +5% average (for home guests), is lower than his GSA, according to issue 12 and 13 (GSA 5.66. +5% = 5.38!)!!

Edited because it appeared I was wishing bad luck on James however he is only actually averaging 3.68.

Edited by Boothers

RUMORS that Connor is getting released by Eastbourne :( Hope they're not true...

Any dates agreed for the replay KOC fixture with Workington which was started in April.I would guess July or August would be normal

3 meetings this week. Scunthorpe today, Ipswich Thursday, and Sheffield Sunday. 3 very tough matches, how well do you think we'll do?

3 meetings this week. Scunthorpe today, Ipswich Thursday, and Sheffield Sunday. 3 very tough matches, how well do you think we'll do?

With this team... Loss loss loss

Hope I'm wrong

• Like 1

Team needs minimum 5 points to be happy with the weeks performance unfortunately 3 is the most i can see us getting without massive improvement. WE have been awful at Scunthorpe in the past and struggled beat them at home, plus Ipswich are very strong at home so neither will be easy. Reckon will beat Sheffield but will be close again if we ride like last night they are a good side. I hate say it but i think we will lose a home meeting eventually been very lucky survive this long,but i cant see it lasting all season with this team. However Big well done Hopewood good signing on a 2 at home at least without him would have lost last night and against Monarchs but he needs help.

Edited by Big Diamond
  • Like 2

Team needs minimum 5 points to be happy with the weeks performance unfortunately 3 is the most i can see us getting without massive improvement. WE have been awful at Scunthorpe in the past and struggled beat them at home, plus Ipswich are very strong at home so neither will be easy. Reckon will beat Sheffield but will be close again if we ride like last night they are a good side. I hate say it but i think we will lose a home meeting eventually been very lucky survive this long,but i cant see it lasting all season with this team. However Big well done Hopewood good signing on a 2 at home at least without him would have lost last night and against Monarchs but he needs help.

Think we have an undefeated streak at Brough for a season and a bit now, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think that'll change on Sunday, but it will be close. I think it'll be 4 points we get this week, but only because something is telling me we're going to take a point tonight, lose heavy at Ippo and then win on Sunday.

Edited by DiamondGlory

Think we have an undefeated streak at Brough for a season and a bit now, if I'm not mistaken. I don't think that'll change on Sunday, but it will be close. I think it'll be 4 points we get this week, but only because something is telling me we're going to take a point tonight, lose heavy at Ippo and then win on Sunday.

Its disappointing today a rain off good or bad it would told us a lot about the side chances this season, especially when you consider how many home loses scorpions have had could be lot stronger when we go later. I also agree about our home form im not saying that's going to change we will win the majority and hopefully go unbeaten. i just think we are vulnerable getting hammered at reserve every week a team like Glasgow or Monarchs next time could take advantage.

Its disappointing today a rain off good or bad it would told us a lot about the side chances this season, especially when you consider how many home loses scorpions have had could be lot stronger when we go later. I also agree about our home form im not saying that's going to change we will win the majority and hopefully go unbeaten. i just think we are vulnerable getting hammered at reserve every week a team like Glasgow or Monarchs next time could take advantage.

Well unfortunately Coles goes scoreless sometimes, or only just hits his average. After that heat 5 or 6 yesterday, it proved to me that Coles definitely has the talent, he just sometimes gets unlucky or puts in a bit too much effort and it goes a bit wrong. Every week gives me more faith in Hopwood however, with him scoring nearly double his average at home. Just got to hope this carries on away for him.

On a plus note, 2018 could see a completely different 1-7, featuring some of the best riders in the leagues. Excuse me while I do my typical Liverpool FC quote, but

"Next year will be our year for sure."

Well unfortunately Coles goes scoreless sometimes, or only just hits his average. After that heat 5 or 6 yesterday, it proved to me that Coles definitely has the talent, he just sometimes gets unlucky or puts in a bit too much effort and it goes a bit wrong. Every week gives me more faith in Hopwood however, with him scoring nearly double his average at home. Just got to hope this carries on away for him.

On a plus note, 2018 could see a completely different 1-7, featuring some of the best riders in the leagues. Excuse me while I do my typical Liverpool FC quote, but

"Next year will be our year for sure."

To be fair to Conner he has been unlucky to have so much pressure on him because of team building unlike Danny last year who had Rose taking pressure off him. Unfortunately we cant carry that this season another 3/4 points would make big difference. Think Coles he needs a break get some confidence back in NL and try again next season a more experienced rider, at the minute he either riders conservative but isn't fast enough or goes for it but always falls off his confidence must be shot. Agree about Hopwood think track suits him, he isn't the quickest but has more bottle than some visiting riders will have and more bike control than Coles and is clearly improving every meeting. I also agree about next year being another year that's what i like about speedway things can change quickly if you struggling. But there is still plenty race for this season might as well try.

Edited by Big Diamond
  • Like 3

Talking of averages... Is Dandelion going for the highest average posts per year both home and away?

• Like 1

Talking of averages... Is Dandelion going for the highest average posts per year both home and away?

Aaaaawwwwww - don't be like that.

I enjoy her input.

Keep on going Dandelion. :t::):)

To be fair to Conner he has been unlucky to have so much pressure on him because of team building unlike Danny last year who had Rose taking pressure off him. Unfortunately we cant carry that this season another 3/4 points would make big difference. Think Coles he needs a break get some confidence back in NL and try again next season a more experienced rider, at the minute he either riders conservative but isn't fast enough or goes for it but always falls off his confidence must be shot. Agree about Hopwood think track suits him, he isn't the quickest but has more bottle than some visiting riders will have and more bike control than Coles and is clearly improving every meeting. I also agree about next year being another year that's what i like about speedway things can change quickly if you struggling. But there is still plenty race for this season might as well try.

I agree with everything said here... Even if we just go for another daft Hopwood like signing, think it would do Connor the world of good with a run in just the NL..... Although it sounds like Eastbourne might be on their final straw with him?

Yes... Maybe I am ;) Then again... I can post as many times as I like ^_^

Aaaaawwwwww - don't be like that.

I enjoy her input.

Keep on going Dandelion. :t::):)

I would be annoyed by me, if I was someone else :D

Edited by Dandelion

I agree with everything said here... Even if we just go for another daft Hopwood like signing, think it would do Connor the world of good with a run in just the NL..... Although it sounds like Eastbourne might be on their final straw with him?

Yes... Maybe I am ;) Then again... I can post as many times as I like ^_^

I would be annoyed by me, if I was someone else :D

Well I'm not annoyed.

I enjoy reading your Posts and sometimes you make me smile. :t::):):)

So - keep going. :t: