British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

It makes absolutely no sense at all and only increases the risk of the other team members. I mean we are hardly going to make a last minute charge into the playoffs. One day they will shoot the goose that laid the golden egg.

• Like 1

It makes absolutely no sense at all and only increases the risk of the other team members. I mean we are hardly going to make a last minute charge into the playoffs. One day they will shoot the goose that laid the golden egg.

Wonder if this might come under EU employment law regarding restricting a person's right to work if a job has been offered.Whichever rider was offered the team place could maybe contact citizen's advice.Mind as the BSPA are totally ignorant of the laws of common sense they probably are above all other laws too.

Wonder if this might come under EU employment law regarding restricting a person's right to work if a job has been offered.Whichever rider was offered the team place could maybe contact citizen's advice.Mind as the BSPA are totally ignorant of the laws of common sense they probably are above all other laws too.

Knowing the EU they would probably be entitled to a job for life, full access to healthcare and benefits for themselves and their family overseas, as well as a hamper at Christmas.

Seriously though, once we leave the EU in 2019 we will be actively courting Aussies, Kiwis and Anericans to race in the UK to cover for the reduction in European riders.

Would love for someone at BSPA towers to come out and explain why a club , who has suffered a horrendous season with injuries , when they try to sign yet another injury replacement - it isn't in the best interests of the sport .

More chance of me waking up beside Kylie Minogue tomorrow morning than that happening right enough .

You wonder how they manage to dress themselves in the morning , never mind run the sport .

I often try to picture Kylie dressing in the morning too.Great minds think alike

• Like 1

I often try to picture Kylie dressing in the morning too.Great minds think alike

You randy little rascal. Now that's what I call box office

Looks like Berwick`s attempt to sign an injury replacement for Nicolaj Busk Jacobsen has been blocked by the BSPA and the Bandits have been forced to go with R/R for the rest of the season.

Hard to comment on without knowing full reasons, but would have thought as long as the rider concerned has met the right criteria, it shouldn't cause a problem . Surely an injury replacement should be allowed .

Edited by New era Panthers

You randy little rascal. Now that's what I call box office

Hard to comment on without knowing full reasons, but would have thought as long as the rider concerned has met the right criteria, it shouldn't cause a problem . Surely an injury replacement should be allowed .

It's in the rules, only a rider returning from injury is allowed to come back into the team, no signings after 31st of July

Plenty of time for them to change their minds 3 or 4 times yet.

It's certainly a rule that hasn't been thought through.

Say in the PL playoff final each team has 3 riders out with season ending injuries one in august another early september and the other a week later. The final will be a total farce

Oh well looks like a 6 man team till the end of the season including a NL rider every team will be looking forward to Berwick on the plus side Nick and David get a extra ride :o:o:o

Just don't get it with the stupid farcical rules in this sport , I mean come on let teams sign injury replacements, for the love of god !

Unfortunately a transfer deadline is a transfer deadline. You aren't the first and you won't be the last. Newcastle got away with it last season by the skin of their teeth when Lewis Rose got injured about 4 hours before the transfer deadline. they managed to agree a deal with Ashley Morris and redeclare before midnight on the night of Lewis' injury. If they hadn't it would have been R/R until the end of the season.

Trouble is there are, on occasions, too many sick-notes for dubious injuries, And i am NOT saying this is the case in this instance.

It's in the rules, only a rider returning from injury is allowed to come back into the team, no signings after 31st of July

Suppose you are unfortunate enough to get more injuries is Vatcher going to make a decision for your Bandits or is it possible to run for 15 heats with 4 or 5 rider team. Total stupidity from the governing body , under the circumstances special dispensation should be applied .

• Like 1

It's certainly a rule that hasn't been thought through.

Say in the PL playoff final each team has 3 riders out with season ending injuries one in august another early september and the other a week later. The final will be a total farce

It happened to a lesser extent last season with Sheffield in the play-offs last season. They turned up in the play-off v Newcastle with three guest track experts in the side.

Would the promoters vote for this rule at the conference last year.If so,they only have themselves to blame.However it's a different story if the rule was brought in just by the usual mismanagement board.

If you are wondering why the transfer deadline was brought forward just look at what Wolves and Poole did last year when the deadline was just before the play-offs started.

And Yes I believe it was a promoters decision made at the annual conference

Edited by leander

Oh well looks like a 6 man team till the end of the season including a NL rider every team will be looking forward to Berwick on the plus side Nick and David get a extra ride :o:o:o

They have been all season up until now