British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

For the facilities its offering its a bit far out of town is it not? Speedway could just stay at Shielfield and make a decent shaped track without the football to worry about .Will it ever happen though!

This story comes around from time to time, so far without ever seeing a brick in the ground. If, and it is an if, this gets off the ground I doubt speedway would stay at Shielfield, think about how much the Council would make by re-developing the site for housing.

Councillors would never force speedway out of Berwick as it brings visitors to the town for FIM events and also because they'd face being voted out if they didnt publicly support Bandits. Any redevelopment would need to include a future for speedway.

Edited by happyvalleywoolerman

This story comes around from time to time, so far without ever seeing a brick in the ground. If, and it is an if, this gets off the ground I doubt speedway would stay at Shielfield, think about how much the Council would make by re-developing the site for housing.

Not sure how much the site would be worth for housing - there is already three big sites in the town with planning permission which aren't being developed because there isn't the money in it for the housebuilders. This is Berwick not London.

If this was to ever get out of the planning stage it would of course be great for the town and the area, bit of a worry however that there is no mention, at this stage, of speedway being part of the plans.

http://www.berwick-advertiser.co.uk/sport/football/new-stadium-and-sporting-facilities-proposed-for-berwick-1-4334883

Won't happen anytime soon.

Councillors would never force speedway out of Berwick as it brings visitors to the town for FIM events and also because they'd face being voted out if they didnt publicly support Bandits. Any redevelopment would need to include a future for speedway.

You should not be confident about what councillors will or will not do . For instance in Peterborough the council allowed 79 properties to be served with eviction notices so they could rehouse homeless people ,The place is called ST MICHAELS GATE . So don't tell me how good your councillors are there mostly 2 faced and out to line there pockets at your expence

• Like 1

Why would Berwick Rangers need a 4000 seat stadium when there average gate is 400.Also if results don't pick up they could be in a lower league next season. I'm sure there is some kind of bylaw that Shielfield has to be used for sports only.

I hear Liam has3 Polish engines for this year

Why would Berwick Rangers need a 4000 seat stadium when there average gate is 400.Also if results don't pick up they could be in a lower league next season. I'm sure there is some kind of bylaw that Shielfield has to be used for sports only.

Not a By-Law Norm, a covenant placed on the whole site by the late Shiel Dods, that it could only be used for sport. However covenants are no longer hard to get rid of. For those who think that Berwick Councilors are on the side of speedway, think again, it must be said that Berwick Town Councillors have no say in planning matters, it is Northumberland County Council who have jurisdiction over that.

I hear Liam has3 Polish engines for this year

Sure he hasn't polished 3 engines :D

If so hope they are not from source that Theo Pjipers came from, which were bog standard GMs that had to be tuned properly ,before they could be used competitively.

Edited by balderdash&piffle
  • Like 2

Your not serious.....are you. :blink:

Not a By-Law Norm, a covenant placed on the whole site by the late Shiel Dods, that it could only be used for sport. However covenants are no longer hard to get rid of. For those who think that Berwick Councilors are on the side of speedway, think again, it must be said that Berwick Town Councillors have no say in planning matters, it is Northumberland County Council who have jurisdiction over that.

Sure he hasn't polished 3 engines :D

If so hope they are not from source that Theo Pjipers came from, which were bog standard GMs that had to be tuned properly ,before they could be used competitively.

Really more bull#### on here one was a flier the other got changed and used for long track facts right before opening gob perhaps?

Really more bull#### on here one was a flier the other got changed and used for long track facts right before opening gob perhaps?

One was a flier, but only after Theos tuner had tuned to a the standard he needed, unless of course Theo told me porky pies, which I doubt.