British Speedway Forum
balderdash&piffle

Berwick 2017 50th Year

Nope sorry. Having had both Berge and Bellego at Redcar recently there is no comparison. Berge turned up each week and punched his clockcard. Bellego turned himself into a Premier League (as was) Number 1.

Well I saw Bellego turn up at Berwick and punch his clock card a few times for whatever reason.Imo he was more interested about riding in Poland at that time..He has talent though when in the mood.

Yes a good solid interview and preview on the excellent Bandits website which continues to entertainand inform not least through The Dirt where you get updated blogs all through the week with George Dodds latest posting probably required reading for a few on here.

Very good blog from George.

http://www.berwickbandits.co/blog/its-not-just-glory-game

Anyone else feel that Berwick should drop Bridger and Berge before it's too late and bring in someone else?

If you want to get the best out of Berge, you need to have him riding at the number 2 riding slot.

Check out his last seasons scores when riding for Sheffield last season when he was riding at that position.

You shouldnt have to sacrafice (Carr) in this instance because a heatleader can't score what he's meant too though? Having a heatleader at 2 is suicide if the others arent flying.

• Like 1

Anyone else feel that Berwick should drop Bridger and Berge before it's too late and bring in someone else?

We have a new tub of Polyfilla handy.No panic.

Should really have posted this here

Lads & Lassies, lets get a grip. Don't agree with Dick and his many aliases, when it comes sniping about 'The Forum Fannies', they have an opinion and are entitled too it. I do however agree with some of his opinion in the programme about what we have now, just a pity didn't air his view previously when it had been so bad, I always believe in saying it even if some don't like it.

1. We have speedway

2, We have a much improved track ( been pants for quite a few seasons, of late)

3. We have at good crowds at the moment, may that support long continue, it had dwindled to what can only have been unsustainable.

4. We have had some of the best racing in recent memory, have to go back at least 10 years for this level of entertainment.

I know we are not winning, but I have been entertained every week with some very good racing, certainly worth my entry fee. The team has a few problems at present, let's give the management time to sort them out, let's see if the riders problems can be solved before we start changes, knee jerk reactions are not always the answer. The way I see it, the riders that are having problems, if we dropped them, who do we replace them with, everything available is about the same as we have now, no top end riders, and certainly no bottom end riders.

Stick with it Lads & Lassies, the management is new and on a learning curve, they will overcome the problems. Remember speedway so far at Shielfield this season, is better than you have been served in recent seasons.

Edited by balderdash&piffle
  • Like 3

If you want to get the best out of Berge, you need to have him riding at the number 2 riding slot.

Check out his last seasons scores when riding for Sheffield last season when he was riding at that position.

He is at number 2...

and there lies half the problem

To be honest, when Danni moves into main body of time and Liam goes back to reserve, it may sort that problem. Just need to sort Berge and Bridgers problems

No panic.Once the new averages come out and the reserves are Liam and Danny maybe Theo Pijper will fit in at No.4.Well he might have if the Glasgow meeting hadn't been rained off.Should have rearranged it for the first dry day!

No panic.Once the new averages come out and the reserves are Liam and Danny maybe Theo Pijper will fit in at No.4.Well he might have if the Glasgow meeting hadn't been rained off.Should have rearranged it for the first dry day!

That means the rider to go is Blacklock, will LIam be below 2,99 to fit an at No7 and does he qualify. wonder if we will have enough points to bring in another journeyman like Pjiper

To be honest, when Danni moves into main body of time and Liam goes back to reserve, it may sort that problem. Just need to sort Berge and Bridgers problems

Bridger just needs to get out of the start, and that problem will be fixed, he's certainly quick enough.

Bridger just needs to get out of the start, and that problem will be fixed, he's certainly quick enough.

Something at the start has changed, none of our team are getting out of the gate well. As you say if Bridger can sort his gating, or the gate improved to suit our riders including him when gating. I still thing Berge can come good, lets hope the management can work with him to sort his problems. Just had a rider in, really pleased with track this season so far, he said it's the same every week, last year he said you never knew what you were getting it was different every week. I am sure that most fans are aware of the way the track was in previous seasons, but nice to hear from a rider.

• Like 1