British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Speedwaycrazy

Lakeside V Swindon 16 Sept 2016

Comments at the end of the article are also interesting

I would think they echo the thoughts of the majority.

• Like 1

I would think they echo the thoughts of the majority.

I don't. Just the same old vocal minority.

They were probably calling for Rosco to be sacked when he was mascot!

Rosco is good for Swindon, even if his 'Aussie' experiment didn't work out this year.

I agree with the major changes being needed though. Can see Nick Morris having a year at somewhere like Leicester and hopefully returning the better for it.

Edited by grachan
  • Like 2

Is it any wonder that Lakeside do well at home on that awful 'D' shaped track. Get a proper oval shaped track and let us see how good you really are against visiting teams. Your away record gives a good clue !

An example of total ignorance of basic speedway technique - riders do not ride the shape of the inside line at any track - and it isn't 'D' shaped anyway (Google Maps) - the entry and exit of each of the bends have been chamfered to produce alternate racing lines and judging by the quality of racing/overtaking seen at Arena, it works very well.

• Like 1

Rosco is good for Swindon, even if his 'Aussie' experiment didn't work out this year.

I agree with the major changes being needed though. Can see Nick Morris having a year at somewhere like Leicester and hopefully returning the better for it.

It certainly worked for Somerset ...i wonder why that is!

• Like 1

It certainly worked for Somerset ...i wonder why that is!

Same riders. Lower league.

• Like 1

An example of total ignorance of basic speedway technique - riders do not ride the shape of the inside line at any track - and it isn't 'D' shaped anyway (Google Maps) - the entry and exit of each of the bends have been chamfered to produce alternate racing lines and judging by the quality of racing/overtaking seen at Arena, it works very well.

Obviously you have not seen Havvy riding at Poole ? Not 'D' shape - splitting hairs, it is as good as. Worst shaped track in the country !

• Like 1

I agree with you Bluejigger - obviously TonyE does not get away much from the Arena Essex track where such a style would be very difficult because of the d shape. Not only done by world champions but by Bjarne Pedersen a few weeks ago also at Poole. A track which is a true oval shape.

So these guys ride within a metre of the inside line all the way around?

I don't think anyone has really mentioned Charles Wright much so far. He had less experience of the track than anyone else in either side last night, not having ridden there for 7 years. He still whacked in 9 paid 10 from four completed rides, including a win over Richard Lawson, and only scored 1 point less than both Lakeside reserves between them. A really good effort. Wouldn't mind him at Lakeside next year if he didn't have a Friday track in the PL.

• Like 1

Totally agree, well said.

Obviously you have not seen Havvy riding at Poole ? Not 'D' shape - splitting hairs, it is as good as. Worst shaped track in the country !

Personally, I don't really care what the shape of a track is if the racing is of the quality I saw last night.

• Like 9

So proud of the boys thrashing Swindon so convincingly. If we can do that again On Wednesday, who knows what will happen?

Up the Hammers!