British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Newcastle Vs Ipswich Pl Sun 18 Sept 6.30pm

Hopefully sarjeant won't be injured for long. Otherwise the tapes manufacturer will be filing for bankruptcy!

Eh? Sargeant was injured on Friday, Hume has broken his collarbone and Jacobs is ill. What are "The Louis clan" supposed to do?

Get suitable replacements to make a match of it an not rip the paying public off. This has become a long standing trait in the sport and adds to all the other woes that are so wrong. If you run a business you you aspire to do the best not making do.

Get suitable replacements to make a match of it an not rip the paying public off. This has become a long standing trait in the sport and adds to all the other woes that are so wrong. If you run a business you you aspire to do the best not making do.

I'm not sure suitable replacements can be sourced. The sport is in a mess and needs a top to bottom clean.I remember when doubling up started around 2003. I seemed to recall it was meant to be British riders under 21 allowed to ride in the elite league to gain experience. I thought at the time this is a bad idea and many of us were right. The question is how on earth did they allow it to get so out of hand.

Edited by T B
  • Like 1

I hope we can do better than the guests we have used so far to cover for Hume.

hopefully every effort is being made fir Thursday....

As for today I think that was as good as coukd be expected in the circumstances.

I also expected the diamonds to do better than that.

perhaps dping just enough and keeping their powder dry for the real tests....
  • Like 1

I'm not sure suitable replacements can be sourced. The sport is in a mess and needs a top to bottom clean.I remember when doubling up started around 2003. I seemed to recall it was meant to be British riders under 21 allowed to ride in the elite league to gain experience. I thought at the time this is a bad idea and many of us were right. The question is how on earth did they allow it to get so out of hand.

Totally mismanaged and no overall structure to the running of the show. Providing entertainment seems lost on the average promoter. As an aside having read John Louis's book, I really cannot understand how much standards, appetite and pride have fallen in not too many years. Supporters clamour for league speedway and not speedway in general, riders who have little in the way of track craft with gate and go seemingly the norm, few riders who are prepared to tackle the track and prefer to admit defeat on a walk around rather than just getting on with it and then the referees who seem to miss a genuine good fast start and call a race back at a whim. You then have riders rush back to get the bikes re-adjusted rather than being told to get back to the tapes and get on with it. It is a farce and no one seems bothered with the supporters being the ones who are taken for a ride. As someone said on another thread, as long as we keep on paying the entrance fee those that run this shambles will do nothing to change so much that is wrong.

I hope we can do better than the guests we have used so far to cover for Hume.

After what was said before Thursday's meeting, I thought Perks was the only 3 point option of any standard. Certainly not much else about, unless someone knows different.

Didn't do too badly for a 4 man team, better than I expected.

After some suggestions that on Thursday Newcastle were weakened so badly missing 1 rider well we were missing 3 tonight so perhaps it might be close if we were to meet again.

• Like 1

Stop dribbling on will you

Oh here we go a again, yet another one.

After what was said before Thursday's meeting, I thought Perks was the only 3 point option of any standard. Certainly not much else about, unless someone knows different.

You maybe right. Think bailey was an option also. Maybe the panthers won't pay perks to say he is ill this week😉😉
  • Like 2