British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Coventry Vs Kings Lynn 16/09/2016

Should at least've floured Havvy lol or the modern equivalent, shaving foamed .... it''s really difficult for unsuccessful promotions to sign off the last meeting, especially when they finish on a low, Lynn were the same on Tuesday.

I probably think that the old way of interviewing each rider, the manager and promoter works well. If nothing else it gives them the chance to say thanks to the fans. I guess something may have been said after the Storm meeting?

Should at least've floured Havvy lol or the modern equivalent, shaving foamed .... it''s really difficult for unsuccessful promotions to sign off the last meeting, especially when they finish on a low, Lynn were the same on Tuesday.

I probably think that the old way of interviewing each rider, the manager and promoter works well. If nothing else it gives them the chance to say thanks to the fans. I guess something may have been said after the Storm meeting?

Having the storm meeting afterwards certainly didn't help the end of season feel. More needs to be done, the whole package was poor last night. This isn't just a Coventry problem as you say kings Lynn and probably other clubs too have similar issues getting it right. It can't be that difficult. Edited by woz01

It drives me insane that our promotion keeps trying to con the paying public by not declaring the full side before the meeting. Having TBC for your number 1 right up to the meeting is pathetic. If they stated it was a NL rider I'm guessing they thought some supporters would not turn up. Stop treating your paying customers with the lack of respect

you've shown this season, as otherwise they'll be none left!!

If your No.1 is missing, just run RR and let (in this meeting) Harris and King take two each of his rides (or anyone else if Havelock decided someone was riding better)..

Let's face it, riders miss EL matches due to riding elsewhere in 'recognised' meetings, 'non-recognised' meetings and having various degrees of 'injuries' so just have one rule for all riders missing..

(And that one rule definitely isn't an NL guest at No.1 in an EL meeting)..

Edited by mikebv

If your No.1 is missing, just run RR and let (in this meeting) Harris and King take two each of his rides (or anyone else if Havelock decided someone was riding better)..

Let's face it, riders miss EL matches due to riding elsewhere in 'recognised' meetings, 'non-recognised' meetings and having various degrees of 'injuries' so just have one rule for all riders missing..

(And that one rule definitely isn't an NL guest at No.1 in an EL meeting)..

Yep that needs looking at this winter. Maybe Horton was thinking if we help KK prepare properly for the sec it would help our chances of signing him next season? I would only sign KK if he either doesn't do the sec next season or they change the facility rule.

The promotion at Coventry should hang their heads. That i'm afraid was not good enough.

Was promised kids races, collections etc and got nothing. Listening on the terraces they must be the most unpopular promotions we've had. No trust, and zero faith they can turn this crap around!!

We did wonder what had happened to that. At the Lakeside meeting Horton came out and said the meeting on 16th would have lots of things for the kids and would be made fun.

I didn't really see anything fun for kids or adults last night. Horton didn't even come out to speak on our last meeting of the season. All very flat.

Easily the worst meeting of the season. No dirt on the track so no racing, 2 patched up teams and lack of presentation. The shock announcement in the morning that our main rider was leaving also dampened the mood.

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

We did wonder what had happened to that. At the Lakeside meeting Horton came out and said the meeting on 16th would have lots of things for the kids and would be made fun.

I didn't really see anything fun for kids or adults last night. Horton didn't even come out to speak on our last meeting of the season. All very flat.

Easily the worst meeting of the season. No dirt on the track so no racing, 2 patched up teams and lack of presentation. The shock announcement in the morning that our main rider was leaving also dampened the mood.

At the end of the day they are a shambles of a promotion devoid of any ideas or ambition. Edited by Game On
  • Like 5

It wouldn't have cost money to have a few kids do a lap of the track and inject a bit of humour into the proceedings as was promised. No idea why it didn't happen but can only think it was because of the Storm match being tagged on and the need to get on with things. Someone mentioned fireworks too but we haven't had them for a few years going back to Sandhu when I think there were complaints from the neighbours.

It probably didn't have the usual 'end of the season' feel about it because although it was the last league match there is still the ELRC to come and a couple of Storm matches. It would be nice though if someone could explain on here (Neil!) :lol: exactly why the riders didn't come out at the end even if they didn't get to speak and why the kids bike races didn't happen.

• Like 1

At the end of the day they are a shambles of a promotion devoid of any ideas or ambition.

Absolutely smack on ! Some fans had this sussed from day one, many are now realising it , a few are still in denial. :D

Absolutely smack on ! Some fans had this sussed from day one, many are now realising it , a few are still in denial. :D

Unfortunately I fall into the first category, but fortunately for the Bees there are many others who will continue to hand over their hard earned. It shouldn't be all about winning but putting on a show that makes the customer want more.

If I can get clarification that the ELRC admission isn't lining this promotions pockets I may attend

• Like 2

Unfortunately I fall into the first category, but fortunately for the Bees there are many others who will continue to hand over their hard earned. It shouldn't be all about winning but putting on a show that makes the customer want more.

If I can get clarification that the ELRC admission isn't lining this promotions pockets I may attend

Much the same here. I always felt that things would deteriorate under this promotion, I have tried very hard to carry on attending but to be honest I have become so disillusioned with the way the club is managed I refuse to give them my money. I haven't been to Brandon at all this year and I often think about the times when my social life revolved around my speedway. How times have changed.

• Like 3

Much the same here. I always felt that things would deteriorate under this promotion, I have tried very hard to carry on attending but to be honest I have become so disillusioned with the way the club is managed I refuse to give them my money. I haven't been to Brandon at all this year and I often think about the times when my social life revolved around my speedway. How times have changed.

Same here! I started to go up in 2005 ( dragged along by himself, who hadn't been since he was a kid) and I was hooked!

During the era 2005 - 2010 missing a home meeting was unthinkable and we were even sad enough to go on holiday to where the Bees were riding away :D

It all went down hill pretty much from there, although we kept going until we moved to Somerset. Purely because of distance, we couldn't make home meetings but we've supported from afar!

Totally heartbreaking we are the way we are with the club, but I'm just grateful that I was able to witness those amazing few years ...

I've made friends for life through Speedway and that's the best bit :)

Edited by Jacques
  • Like 1

Same here! I started to go up in 2005 ( dragged along by himself, who hadn't been since he was a kid) and I was hooked!

During the era 2005 - 2010 missing a home meeting was unthinkable and we were even sad enough to go on holiday to where the Bees were riding away :D

It all went down hill pretty much from there, although we kept going until we moved to Somerset. Purely because of distance, we couldn't make home meetings but we've supported from afar!

Totally heartbreaking we are the way we are with the club, but I'm just grateful that I was able to witness those amazing few years ...

I've made friends for life through Speedway and that's the best bit :)

Same here, we have friends in different parts of the country that we have met through speedway. We still see them and in some cases go on holiday breaks with them too. We can always have a chat and recall " the good times".. :D

It's very sad to see what has happened to the bees in the last few years, particularly when you consider what a very proud club it once was.

• Like 1

Same here, we have friends in different parts of the country that we have met through speedway. We still see them and in some cases go on holiday breaks with them too. We can always have a chat and recall " the good times".. :D

It's very sad to see what has happened to the bees in the last few years, particularly when you consider what a very proud club it once was.

Indeed, some of them are Poole fans too :o:D

Indeed, some of them are Poole fans too :o:D

Strewth ,,,, that's pushing it a bit too far for me. :D

• Like 2