British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Dave Stummings

Raiders V Isle Of Wight

Well it's not a double header and I may possibly have a mosey over to Hoddesdon for this, but dislike immensely the Sunday 6pm start!

Looking at the Raiders recent form can’t see anything other than a Raider win. With both Messrs Branford & Morley in the NLRC at Leicester will one of these guys parade the rider’s Championship Trophy?

Think this’ll be a twenty plus point win for the Raiders and let’s hope for some good racing :t: :t: :t: :t:

6pm is better than the 2pm starts we used to have for Sunday meetings. Those of us with families can have a proper Sunday out, then pop along to the speedway. Not everyone has a Saturday off. For some this is the only day of the week we can get to do family stuff.

Edited by Shads

It's ok if you live local to the track shads, but hoddesdon is a two hour journey for me. The meetings at rye this season have been run at a snails pace, so getting home at 10.30 on a Sunday evening does very little for me.

Kelsey is doing a meeting for us at 2pm then driving to hoddesdon after it's finished so he needs the extra time to get there!

Kelsey is doing a meeting for us at 2pm then driving to hoddesdon after it's finished so he needs the extra time to get there!

6.30pm start then!

Let's hope we start promptly at 6 then

Why would we delay the start time to allow a visiting rider who has decided to guest for another team earlier in the day to get to the track?

Why would we delay the start time to allow a visiting rider who has decided to guest for another team earlier in the day to get to the track?

Just had his last programmed race in heat 10 . He'll have about 2 and a half hours to get from Arlington to Rye House. Can be done in 2 hours according to Google Maps IF the Dartford Tunnel traffic is kind and he keeps within the speed limits. Should be ok.

*EDIT*Well, Eastbourne decided to use him as RR in heat 13, so that gives him around 2 hours 15 minutes to get here. He's in heat 1 too. Good luck!

Edited by Shads

I know that's not the reason

Straightforward win for the Raiders. IOW providing only one heat winner, Nathan Stoneman. Would've been two if Stoneman hadn't fallen on the last bend of heat 2 when comfortably ahead. Fair play to the dozen or so Warrior fans who made the trip. Pretty poor turnout.

Edited by Shads

Well done to the Raiders on another win,Ben,Rob and Luke didn't have much to beat and all rode well.

Ben and Rob should be hard to beat in the pairs and I'm sure we all wish them well.

Does anyone know who the rider was having a spin after the meeting?

I was at eastie today shads, but it looked well run according to the updates.

Yep, no hold ups. The meeting ran smoothly.

Yep, no hold ups. The meeting ran smoothly.

Track must have been fairly good Rob did two sub 58 second heats which is the first time I can find anyone going under 58 seconds this season in the NL, is there a NL track record there.

Junior