British Speedway Forum

I see from the fixture list that after mondays meeting we have another gap of 2+ weeks till June 15th without a meeting, which is worrying as we have seen what happens to our performance after a couple of weeks without a home meeting. From the fans side surely even a Sprockets challenge meeting can be arranged, or what about re the rained off meeting against Plymouth.

I see from the fixture list that after mondays meeting we have another gap of 2+ weeks till June 15th without a meeting, which is worrying as we have seen what happens to our performance after a couple of weeks without a home meeting. From the fans side surely even a Sprockets challenge meeting can be arranged, or what about re the rained off meeting against Plymouth.

It's ridiculous something like 10 Thursdays in April May early June, and The Robins have only had 3 Thursday meetings. They're desperate for fans but some will find other things to do. There's 3 meetings in 10 days end of August, 2 on a Monday.

Needs much better fixture planning.

Don't recall many blank Saturday racenights years ago.

Edited by beefy keefy
  • Like 1

It's ridiculous something like 10 Thursdays in April May early June, and The Robins have only had 3 Thursday meetings. They're desperate for fans but some will find other things to do. There's 3 meetings in 10 days end of August, 2 on a Monday.

Beefy you are so right now in this modern age if people get used to not doing something it is hard to keep these people on side.As Orlov said maybe put a Sprockets meeting's in there tomo is a massive day for Swindon Speedway i really hope there is a great crowd tomorrow afternoon fingers crossed for the weather.
  • Like 2

There never used to be blank dates, but its the same across the country sadly..

There never used to be blank dates, but its the same across the country sadly..

Starman you are like me if there was two matches a week you would be there,if the two leagues joined up there would be more fixtures and against unfamilar teams could that be BETTER or not.???

Starman you are like me if there was two matches a week you would be there,if the two leagues joined up there would be more fixtures and against unfamilar teams could that be BETTER or not.???

Not so sure about two leagues mate but something needs to be done. Fortunately our crowds are holding up quite well but clearly many others are not.

Price structure needs to be looked at as well. As i personally feel concessions is to high.

Edited by Starman2006

Not so sure about two leagues mate but something needs to be done. Fortunately our crowds are holding up quite well but clearly many others are not.

Price structure needs to be looked at as well. As i personally feel concessions is to high.

Weird really you say that, i dont think the two leagues will ever happen not yet anyway but you are right something needs to change.Swindon i believe can get a crowd that is sustainable i think with Poole do ok.Swindon is so annoying i have mates who keep in contact know what is going on but never go they say 17 quid is to much.Both my sons i took as young uns they still like the sport know how the sport is going GPS (ect) but still say it is a expensive night out i dont agree maybe it is compared to other night outs.????

Good confidence booster.. tell Adam get those gating gloves on again as Blunsdon will be the same tomorrow..

Might be useful if he had a low score tomorrow, to enable Rosco to make team strengthening changes. Ellis would be very useful at reserve, ask Poole.

Tough one as can't afford to lose another home meeting whilst keeping an eye on averages.

Does that show. how crazy ????? CRAP the rules and regulations are.?☹️️? Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Does that show. how crazy ????? CRAP the rules and regulations are.?☹️️?

They have been ever since riders were allowed to use lower league averages when they had a top league average.

Weird really you say that, i dont think the two leagues will ever happen not yet anyway but you are right something needs to change.Swindon i believe can get a crowd that is sustainable i think with Poole do ok.Swindon is so annoying i have mates who keep in contact know what is going on but never go they say 17 quid is to much.Both my sons i took as young uns they still like the sport know how the sport is going GPS (ect) but still say it is a expensive night out i dont agree maybe it is compared to other night outs.????

For a lot of peeps 17 quid is too much, if two of you go 34 quid weekly,that's a lot over the month, when you add on programme, parking, extras, could be talking 200 quid a month. I would be happy if they had meetings most Thursdays, not these bloody long gaps of over a month.

Might be useful if he had a low score tomorrow, to enable Rosco to make team strengthening changes. Ellis would be very useful at reserve, ask Poole.

And gain him a Championship spot

• Like 1

Yeah a spell at reserve AND a championship place would I'm sure kick start his season especially after his 18 in the pairs fingers crossed

Yeah a spell at reserve AND a championship place would I'm sure kick start his season especially after his 18 in the pairs fingers crossed

There's rumours that he's joining Peterborough as soon as his average drops