British Speedway Forum

I am a Poole fan but I have a lot of love for Swindon. As our local rivals for a very long time I've made many a visit to Swindon and enjoyed every one of them, even when we've not been winning. IMO however, a team that has spent nearly half it's points allowance on just 2 riders, with an average of just 5.75 to fill the remaining 5 places, is not a good looking contender. And as a man with many trophies under his belt, I am sure this is why Matt Ford had to make the decision not to sign them.

Of course Oxford in 86 built a side in which over 20 of the 45 point limit went on two riders. Tbh that worked out ok for them. ..

every riders average is to high! Ellis is better than Newman and Howarth and not as good as Garrity or Lambert and the averages reflect that. I said before 95% of riders will see their averages drop.

get a grip. One day you will actually know what you are talking about. Hans Andersen on a far worse average than Doyle. Love the sour grapes

It's all relevant ...to put it another way he average will drop more than the others ...I reckon last year will turn out to a flash in the pan ...as I said a poor signing

It's all relevant ...to put it another way he average will drop more than the others ...I reckon last year will turn out to a flash in the pan ...as I said a poor signing

is that a real statement? Last year was a flash in the pan?? If all riders have the same season as last year then they will all drop the equivalent of the 1.4 multiplication. This is a weaker league and if Doyle takes it seriously then he will be nigh in unbeatable

So, I just thought I will have a go at predicting the next 5 signings.

SWINDON
1. Jason Doyle. 13.41
2. Woryna= 6.51
3.Adam Ellis* 7.84
4.Joe Jacobs= 5.36
5.Sedgmen=7.6
6.Ayers=3.70
7.Nielsen= 5.53

Very young team. But Doyle, Ellis, Sedgmen will get you 30 points a meeting easy. Just need the others to improve.

What surprised me last year was that he coped brilliantly in the top 5 along with S.Worrall/Garrity.He is a good gater smooth and this year it is alot weaker Poole's loss Swindon's gain.

SWINDON1. Jason Doyle. 13.412. Woryna= 6.513.Adam Ellis* 7.844.Joe Jacobs= 5.365.Sedgmen=7.66.Ayers=3.707.Nielsen= 5.53

Very young team. But Doyle, Ellis, Sedgmen will get you 30 points a meeting easy. Just need the others to improve.

Woryna to follow in his gramp's footseps at Poole.??

is that a real statement? Last year was a flash in the pan?? If all riders have the same season as last year then they will all drop the equivalent of the 1.4 multiplication. This is a weaker league and if Doyle takes it seriously then he will be nigh in unbeatable

Ellis will be poor even in a weaker a league that is my opinion the fact that Poole don't want him tells the story ...Agree about Doyle

Edited by orion

I'm kind of with Orion on this. I wouldn't describe the signing as 'poor', more an interesting one. Certainly I agree this is a crucial season for the lad and he needs to kick on from the platform he built at Poole. The challenge though is whether he can do it at a new track with a management that arguably won't be looking after him as well financially as what he experienced at Poole.

Just thinking out loud, Darcy Ward aside, I can't think of too many riders who have improved once they have left Poole.

Ellis will be poor even in a weaker a league that is my opinion the fact that Poole don't want him tells the story ...Agree about Doyle

What a poor post do you believe Newman is a better rider than Ellis? ask the forum what would the vote be or do you always find a reason to snipe at Rossiter's decision's.

I'm kind of with Orion on this. I wouldn't describe the signing as 'poor', more an interesting one. Certainly I agree this is a crucial season for the lad and he needs to kick on from the platform he built at Poole. The challenge though is whether he can do it at a new track with a management that arguably won't be looking after him as well financially as what he experienced at Poole.

Just thinking out loud, Darcy Ward aside, I can't think of too many riders who have improved once they have left Poole.

ER i respect your opinion bigtime sure Poole are a great club but so are Swindon .Ellis improved last year because he worked hard and has talent this year he can go up the ladder again.
  • Like 1

How about Leigh Adams and Jason Doyle - both improved after leaving Poole

• Like 3

What a poor post do you believe Newman is a better rider than Ellis? ask the forum what would the vote be or do you always find a reason to snipe at Rossiter's decision's.

Yet again my opinion is that Newman is better than Ellis but that it all it is an opinion .....whoever he had signed for I would have thought the same .

SWINDON

1. Jason Doyle. 13.41

2. Woryna= 6.51

3.Adam Ellis* 7.84

4.Joe Jacobs= 5.36

5.Sedgmen=7.6

6.Ayers=3.70

7.Nielsen= 5.53

Think Rosco will come up with something better than that & it will probably be foreign riders as a few will want to double up.

• Like 1

Yet again my opinion is that Newman is better than Ellis but that it all it is an opinion .....whoever he had signed for I would have thought the same .

Interesting yes Orion you are entitled to your opinion and yes you could be right .

No chance in hell we would even consider signing Jacobs absolutely dreadful away wouldn't even have him on a real average!

I don't get that if Newman is better than Ellis why has he spent so long at reserve 3 seasons or more?
  • Like 1