British Speedway Forum

Do you guys think Morris will ride for you. Because, just for example the most likely heatleaders for Rye House

1. Kennett

3.Scotty N

5. Harris

vs

1. Doyle

3. Ellis

5. Morris

I would back Rye house to get more points between those three.

Around Rye House, so would I. Not around Swindon.

• Like 1

If you read Speedway Star it says averages between 2 and 3 stay as they are. Averages below 2 stay at 2.00.

Other teams will probably include the likes of Ashley Morris (4.98), Branford (4.6), Bewley (4) & Clegg (4.34) as their second reserve, who are all on a par with Stefan (5.53), so rather than waste the points on him it would be better to have an up and coming two pointer (Smith, Bacon, Shanes, Mountain etc) who would stand a chance of beating those riders occasionally (as they have done in the NL this year) and a better, more experienced first reserve (Roynon 5.12, Mellgren 5.09, Alex Davies 5.41 or Heeps 5.07) who would stand a better chance than Stefan of dominating heat 2 at home. Stefan needs another year in the Second tier. Just my opinion of course!

2 pointers are a gift for Swindon to offset Doyle!

Around Rye House, so would I. Not around Swindon.

Questionable

Doyle would get 14 or 15 and Ellis and Morris possibly 7 each

Kennett, Nicholls and Harris say an average of 9 each, nothing in it in my opinion, but exciting times for Rye House fans

Rye all day long at home

Rye at Swindon as well unless Morris can get a Championship club. Ellis will struggle at No.3 whilst Harris and Nicholls are always consistent scorers.

Would you expect Doyle to lose a race at either venue as i wouldnt.

Doyle @ Rye House 15 from 5, Morris @ Rye 8 from 5, Ellis say 6 from 4 = 29 points

Kennett @ Rye House 12 from 5, Nicholls @ Rye say 9 from 5 and Harris say 8 from 4 = 29 points.

At Swindon i would expect Kennett to score less and maybe Morris more so at Swindon no chance for the Rye riders.

Have to say those 2 top 3 riders from each team look very well matched and proves you can go big with having Doyle

Would you expect Doyle to lose a race at either venue as i wouldnt.

Doyle @ Rye House 15 from 5, Morris @ Rye 8 from 5, Ellis say 6 from 4 = 29 points

Kennett @ Rye House 12 from 5, Nicholls @ Rye say 9 from 5 and Harris say 8 from 4 = 29 points.

At Swindon i would expect Kennett to score less and maybe Morris more so at Swindon no chance for the Rye riders.

Have to say those 2 top 3 riders from each team look very well matched and proves you can go big with having Doyle

Don't bother with Gater as Nick is on average very good round Swindon so that is tosh for starters.

I for one would rather have up & coming riders that those on the slide.

Nick had a porrish season but his average was on a par with both Bomber & Scott & we all know what happens to Eddie under pressure.

Both sets of Heat leaders cant get 29 points combined in the same meeting.

Your missing my point.

The 3 heat leaders in both sides look the same to me with perhaps Swindon having the advantage that they know their number 1 will get 14 or 15 pretty much every week

When have you seen the home team's 3 heat leaders score 29 points combined and the away team's 3 heat leaders also score 29 points combined in the same meeting.

;)

Tick tock tick tock. :t:

Get a grip for christ sakes

You know full well im pointing out that i think the two top 3's should get roughly the same.

Both sets of Heat leaders cant get 29 points combined in the same meeting.

Wrong as usual

With the heat format next year it will allow a maximum 62 points to be possibly shared by the heat leaders and thats excluding TR

Here we go again, another thread ruined by the rutting trolls.

• Like 2

Here we go again, another thread ruined by the rutting trolls.

Only one troll tbh. Gavan is making perfectly reasonable points. Starman has been absent for a few pages. Off season and seems Gater1 has extra time for trolling.

I agree that Doyle/morris/Ellis will score roughly the same as the rye house trio of heat leader, albeit they are on a couple of points highwe starting average.

Still think Swindon are best suited signing a 3rd hl (even if Ellis technically starts the season as 3rd hl due to higher average).

• Like 3

When have you seen the home team's 3 heat leaders score 29 points combined and the away team's 3 heat leaders also score 29 points combined in the same meeting.

;)

Tick tock tick tock. :t:

Rye's would have the beating of Swindon's at Rye.

If Morris doesn't double up then he could stuggle again this season. EK, Harris and Nicholls all go well around Swindon. Ellis will find it tough as a Heat Leader.

Nick still managed to average nearly the same as Harris & Nicholls in 2016 when having a pourish season.

Poland knocked his confidence & he had bike problems so not all down to not doubling up.

My reply had nothing to do with the heat leaders scoring 29 points each but the fact that Nick, Harris & Nicholls averaged the same but yet Nick is the only one who will struggle.

• Like 1

Nick still managed to average nearly the same as Harris & Nicholls in 2016 when having a pourish season.

Poland knocked his confidence & he had bike problems so not all down to not doubling up.

My reply had nothing to do with the heat leaders scoring 29 points each but the fact that Nick, Harris & Nicholls averaged the same but yet Nick is the only one who will struggle.

I think as a neutral Morris has talent and imo most of his issues are in his own head as he has the ability if applying it.

I believe he has at times maybe had attitude problems which would have been better channelled into his riding rather than being viewed as a bit of an Aussie tearaway. Maybe thinking too much he was another Darcy Ward and trying to match Darcy but in the wrong way.

I would not give up on him and I think a double up would do him good personally. Give some Champ riders a beating more to help his confidence as I think he is one who thrives more when his mood is positive. I also think a move out of Polsh Extralia to the lower division will also help his progress and confidence. He still has time to make it big if he channels it positively. Just my opinion.

• Like 1

Morris is no risk on that average. Expect hecwill average less than harris but comparable to nicholls or Kennett, though he is likely to rude more heat 15s which may put his average fractionally below the eye riders.

Thinking about it, I actually think doyle/morris/Ellis will be good for 29 points a meeting, whereas I would see the rye trio closer to 27/28. I'd be happy with either set as my opening signings.