British Speedway Forum

Glasgow wont want him.

Nike Lunna & Dan Bewley to Glasgow apparently

So the Dane that was talked of weeks ago looks like Grondal rather than Klindt.

So the Dane that was talked of weeks ago looks like Grondal rather than Klindt.

His tweet stated to be announced mon or tues, that is next week not tomorrow, so it might not be him.

Better not comment will only be accused again of being doom and gloom , but I'm hoping it isn't Grondal

• Like 1

Better not comment will only be accused again of being doom and gloom , but I'm hoping it isn't Grondal

Rosco said fans wouldn't be happy with his team selection & he's been proven true to his word so far.

CR we will be even in agreement once next two are announced!

His tweet stated to be announced mon or tues, that is next week not tomorrow, so it might not be him.

Must had meant today/tomorrow sadly...

You're going to love David Bellego, typical grumpy Frenchman, great racer & a great guy. Was superb in all his races at the PLRC, the only highlight TBH

In this side Bellego will need to ride to his average to make us even remotely competitive just hope we are allowed to make changes soon enough

• Like 1

Rosco said fans wouldn't be happy with his team selection & he's been proven true to his word so far.

Only Rossiter could come out with a PR disaster like that........how the sponsors, promotion and fans can have any confidence in the man is beyond me :/

• Like 1

I am trying to keep an open mind about speedway this year, I truly believe that like myself, nobody really knows what will work, high average top end top riders with a couple of rabbits at reserve or a balance side of has been's, maybe's and may never be's?

It is interesting to read Mr Shovlar's recollections of Swindon past, the joyful days of the 70s and early 80s following the men and machines all over the Country, rarely seeing a victory but always enjoying a fine day out. The Pork Scratchings from the pork van at Cradley being a personal favourite.

I always wonder what happened to fanatic of the time Colin the Jeweller, I recall him writing a relatively awful song to the tune of Buck's Fizz's 'Making your mind up' (so probably 1981?) which all had to learn on the coach to Kings Lynn if I recall correctly so that it could be sung when Crumpie won a race. Sadly, I have to admit that I recall it started - First you gotta speed Phil up, then you slow the others down ............................... (own up, you're singing now aren't you)

As for the lads who raked the track, what a 'fine' bunch they were, I often look at my photo album of the 1983 2 coach trip to Norden for the World Final and wonder if any in those pictured in the bar are among those who frequent this forum?

Whatever happens, I am pleased Swindon have a team and hopefully a new stadium to ride at next year sometime, if success comes, fantastic, but to me, happiness will always be 40-38 (or more so 38-40 if we're away).

• Like 1

Grondal appears to have his own limited company, set up earlier this year, surprisingly based in Swindon...

Coincidence?

Grondal appears to have his own limited company, set up earlier this year, surprisingly based in Swindon...

Coincidence?

I actually thought the first signings for Swindon were promising. However, that looks an ominous sign and I'm going to have to agree that coventry look stronger in this case!
  • Like 1

Grondal & Zak it is then.

That will be 3 riders who have never ridden the away tracks before.

We are really weak in my opinion.

Well, I have to say, how deeply unimpressed I am with the line up this year.

No disrespect to any of the team but it will be 10 years since we raced Coventry in the final and the difference in the quality of the teams we had, would be, in footballing parlance similar to the current like ups of Chelsea and Newport.

I accept speedway is in a terminal spin but I have to say the journey from Bristol, every Thursday, is going to be a slog.

Rosco should have kept quiet re Doyle until after the AGM and made the offer of a team place conditional on the points limit. With the offer in place, there was no option but to plough on. This could be similar to The Charge of the Light Brigade.

I can only hope that, if the new track is built, that there will be as much advantage to the home team as the away team, which may actually help them this season.

Never seen either of these two so only know what I have read. Both seem to have some potential to improve, but in the end if you sign a 4 point premier league rider that is what you get.

We're not close to Poole or Rye House but not any worse than Coventry. A lot of unknown quality in the side, but they are riders on the way up so hopefully the side will gel and do ok, but not particularly inspiring.

Will these be the reserves?

• Like 1