British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Pob

Ipswich Vs Edinburgh Pl Poq 1st Leg Thurs 22nd Sep

No 16 lapper. We haven't had any extra meetings. What happened to the star of anglia as well?

Don't know about everyone else but I want to go all the way in play offs. Speedway doesn't normally finish until we sit there shivering.

Edited by baldyman

Current weather in Ipswich lots of cloud and currently about 15c.

Today:

It will be rather cloudy at times with a few showers possible - but some sunny spells too. It will feel warm in the sunshine. Maximum Temperature 20 °C.

Tonight:

Staying dry with light winds, cloud continuing to break giving some clear skies. It will feel cool overnight, with temperatures falling into single figures, especially in rural areas. Minimum Temperature 8 °C.

Taken from Met Office .

Would love to see the Witches progress further what Witches fan wouldn't but if things don't go our way surely we need some sort of meeting to finish off the season .

Edited by Pob

I just wonder, not just the gaps between meetings but the general lack of them puts people off. Yes since July our frequency of meetings has been pretty good but before then it was stop/start. Obviously this is down to running costs but once again these issues are never adressed at the bspa agm.

It wasn't long ago we used to have a warm up match and a couple of individuals during the season. This season we haven't had anything. Maybe down to cost of new air fence they can't afford to make any loses

No 16 lapper. We haven't had any extra meetings. What happened to the star of anglia as well?

Don't know about everyone else but I want to go all the way in play offs. Speedway doesn't normally finish until we sit there shivering.

What happened about the VIP portaloo discussion?

I just wonder, not just the gaps between meetings but the general lack of them puts people off. Yes since July our frequency of meetings has been pretty good but before then it was stop/start. Obviously this is down to running costs but once again these issues are never adressed at the bspa agm.

Like making sure all teams complete there league programme before the cut off date. and if they don't complete them award the points to the opposition . B.S.P.A the silence is deafening.

• Like 1

That's actually a very good idea, providing the cut off date isn't moved. What would happen though if a team say they are not going to race on the day offered like this year? Should they have points deducted?

Edited by baldyman
  • Like 2

Is the away leg next Friday?

Yes FRIDAY 30th.

Unless it's raining of course.

It wasn't long ago we used to have a warm up match and a couple of individuals during the season. This season we haven't had anything. Maybe down to cost of new air fence they can't afford to make any loses

Given the current situation with unearthing number 7's it might have made sense to run an individual national league meeting on a blank week?

Invite those who are under consideration and see how they fared around the foxhole? Lower costs, lower admission but still some entertainment?

• Like 1

They can't afford to cut prices cos overheads are still the same.

So just wondering what happens if say it rains in Edinburgh for the next few Fridays? Do we just keep waiting?

• Like 1

They can't afford to cut prices cos overheads are still the same.

So just wondering what happens if say it rains in Edinburgh for the next few Fridays? Do we just keep waiting?

Very valid point although the rider costs/wages would be dramatically lower but i do accept that there are a lot of other costs involved. Surely a smaller profit & some speedway is better than neither of each?

To be honest I don't think they make any profit, and season ticket holders often don't then pay for other events and would it really attract a bigger crowd to cover everything, probably the opposite. Although you have come up with a good idea.

Having watch the 'Elite League' playoffs last night I can't see any of the reserves beating any of the top 5 in either team (not sure about Mark Riss). So a top 5 showdown. I'm going for:

DK 14 v SM 13

JS 6 v RF 7

NC 8 v ER 5

MR 7 v MR 2

BB 10 v KW 9

JJ 5 v MC 3

CC 1 v BH 0

Final Score Ipswich 51 Edinburgh 39

Having watch the 'Elite League' playoffs last night I can't see any of the reserves beating any of the top 5 in either team (not sure about Mark Riss). So a top 5 showdown. I'm going for:

DK 14 v SM 13

JS 6 v RF 7

NC 8 v ER 5

MR 7 v MR 2

BB 10 v KW 9

JJ 5 v MC 3

CC 1 v BH 0

Final Score Ipswich 51 Edinburgh 39

Didn't know this was an I.Q. test. :o;):cheers: