British Speedway Forum
4thbender

Sheffield 2017

If you know so much (100%) about what's been happening at Sheffield Speedway over the last two or three years and are so obviously defensive over Josh and the promotion, I can only conclude that you are one of the Bates clan.

I am so glad that I didn't acquiesce to your SMS request to meet you last year, as I fear that you may be that psycho Norman. How is your mother by the way?

He does a nice line in lampshades. Is he still selling them?

If Sheffield were to win the Championship and Coventry were to finish bottom of the Premiership and the two had to play off for promotion / relegation, who would Lasse and Josh ride for and how on earth do we sell that to the public. A complete and utter shambles as usual.

If Sheffield were to win the Championship and Coventry were to finish bottom of the Premiership and the two had to play off for promotion / relegation, who would Lasse and Josh ride for and how on earth do we sell that to the public. A complete and utter shambles as usual.

Asset of club gets first priority

Then goes to club in same league as which the asset holding club rides

• Like 1

I really think Bates can kick on this year i recon he will average at least 7 in the PL and he will improve again in the EL.The funny thing is when Josh is in the right rythem i believe he has a superb riding style he will keep improving i have no doubt about that.I am really glad he is back at Sheffield again.

STAARS - Thursday 8th December 2016

All Tigers Fans,

The next of the monthly STAARS gatherings this closed season will be on Thursday 8th December 2016 at the New Barrack Tavern Pub on Penistone Road, Sheffield (0.5 mile south of Owlerton Stadium) from 7:30pm.

As always it's a chance for Tigers fans, riders and management to catch up, have a chat and a few drinks from the NBT's excellent selection and hear any news/updates from the club during the silly season.

All are welcome !!!

• Like 1

If you know so much (100%) about what's been happening at Sheffield Speedway over the last two or three years and are so obviously defensive over Josh and the promotion, I can only conclude that you are one of the Bates clan.

I am so glad that I didn't acquiesce to your SMS request to meet you last year, as I fear that you may be that psycho Norman. How is your mother by the way?

Again miles from the truth,,,, mum died 10 years ago thanks.

Keep on digging that hole.

Another great move by the owners. If they can just sort out the track as well, we can say that no stone has been left unturned in their attempt to build a winning team and to get people through the turnstiles.

• Like 2

I know nothing about track preparation, but I've said before that I wonder whether the track is down to the bikes not being able to handle a lot of dirt anymore.

Cracking move to get Stead to be manager - if he can assert the same influence on the other riders as he did on Bates we should see increases in average across the board. It will particularly be good for somebody like JPB who, if taught the right way regarding both on and off track aspects of the sport, could go far

• Like 1

This time last year someone had the temerity to suggest on the corresponding 2016 Forum that the only role for a team manager in Speedway is to hand out the black and white helmet cover. I think Steady will, in the course of the coming season, prove that the right manager can be better than an eighth rider. His contribution off the track may prove to be greater than his contribution on it (only this time he won't be breaking his bones).

Well done to the promotion for a very canny appointment.

• Like 2