British Speedway Forum
SharpenRake

Somerset V Glasgow Ko Cup Semi-final 1st Leg, 23 Sep 2016

Oh no! Not that old chestnut ! For God's sake give it a rest, Whinging Weegie !!!

Pretty ironic don't you think as has been pointed out we whinge and on the other hand you don't can you see the connection here.

People will alway's see it from there own teams perspective and rightly so.

Harsh exclusion of Tom Bacon, classic, he lifted and accidentally put two Glasgow riders into the fence.

Feel sorry for BWD, though if the ref had done his job in the first running of heat 1 he would have been excluded as I felt there wasn't much contact, injuries are part of the sport as we all know but Somerset don't have any right to win the league cup or KOC just because they've had a great 6 months, as for the league, well there is an argument for that as they finished top at the cut off date.

Hope all the riders theft took tumbles are feeling a bit better today.

Well if Garcia had turned left instead of right then i don't think Bradley would have been injured either!

Perhaps if Ms Hancock hadn't delayed the meeting for the sole purpose of getting a few more £s through the turnstile we may have completed the meeting and who knows, possibly won it. WHY DON'T PEOPLE GET THERE ON TIME. ??? I get there by 6.30 pm match nights. Why should we have to wait for stragglers ?

How at that point did she know how the evening would unfold? The traffic was bad again on the M5 making it slow progress for many to the OTA.

I did comment to the people stood around me last night on the lack of a number 8 for either side when they did the parade last night but i have heard the demands of an eligible NL rider to take up such a position are sometimes quite high and prohibitive. Gone are the days when they saw it as an opportunity to put themselves in the shop window for a team place now all they want is £££'s.

• Like 1

Perhaps if Ms Hancock hadn't delayed the meeting for the sole purpose of getting a few more £s through the turnstile we may have completed the meeting and who knows, possibly won it. WHY DON'T PEOPLE GET THERE ON TIME. ??? I get there by 6.30 pm match nights. Why should we have to wait for stragglers ?

live and work in Exeter till 5,have to get past the traffic to get home and change wait for the wife who get home 5.30 then 45 mins up motorway,so 6.30 is the best we can do ,9 times out of ten motorway is busy to put more time on journey,so do best we can with time,sorry to hold you up but we like to support the rebels!

Been travelling from Herts down to Somerset for 20 years now and I can vouch it has never been so bad. Took me 6 hours once 😡

Been travelling from Herts down to Somerset for 20 years now and I can vouch it has never been so bad. Took me 6 hours once

So it must have taken more than six hours on Friday then? :o;):cheers:

if Garcia was dangerous why then was he not excluded in any of the races?

Not dangerous at all imo, rode the track just like the home riders do, rider of the night for me even the effort he put in.

Unfortunate that the start was delayed due to admission issues, Somerset could have then completed 13 and 15 where they looked stronger and maybe they would feel less aggrieved this morning.

I arrived just on half seven, surprised to find a queue but that quickly moved, it would have helped if all 4 payment booths were open perhaps. And then we had the parade, now why that wasn't held at half seven and racing delayed you would have to ask the promotion. That said, no-one could have foreseen the ensuing delays. Surprised they ran heat 12 in some ways, at best a 3-3, at worst a 1-5.

Harsh exclusion of Tom Bacon, classic, he lifted and accidentally put two Glasgow riders into the fence.

Feel sorry for BWD, though if the ref had done his job in the first running of heat 1 he would have been excluded as I felt there wasn't much contact, injuries are part of the sport as we all know but Somerset don't have any right to win the league cup or KOC just because they've had a great 6 months, as for the league, well there is an argument for that as they finished top at the cut off date.

Hope all the riders theft took tumbles are feeling a bit better today.

In some ways BWD might have himself to blame for his injury, the 1st time it happened he should have learned what the re-run might bring, same again and then low and behold take 3 and this time he is injured. Choice of position / line is up to the rider of course, the meeting was never going to have been won in heat 1, as it was, it was effectively all over then. Credit to the Rebels for keeping the score close but in the races with just one rider, Glasgow only needed to settle for the minor places.

• Like 3

I take it you didn't have to travel up or down the M5 to get there Friday.......Just saying!

• Like 4

live and work in Exeter till 5,have to get past the traffic to get home and change wait for the wife who get home 5.30 then 45 mins up motorway,so 6.30 is the best we can do ,9 times out of ten motorway is busy to put more time on journey,so do best we can with time,sorry to hold you up but we like to support the rebels!

45 minutes from Exeter to the OTA on a friday night ? I would dispute that..

As a regular to the OTA and there on Friday I feel for all involved. There were only 2 turnstiles open and there was the biggest queue along Emil way. But nobody could ever foresee the carnage that was heat one. Poor old BWD. 3 attempts to break his collar bone! The time it takes to replace a section of air fence is significant too. I don't know what the solution is. Start earlier and you deny those travelling after work to get there. I am glad the second leg is a victim of the weather. It will give the boys time to re-group and get Jake back. Just one of those things that I have never seen in 55 years of watching speedway.

45 minutes from Exeter to the OTA on a friday night ? I would dispute that..

i wouldn't i do it myself in mid summer it can be really bad (bloody holiday makers)

• Like 2

45 minutes from Exeter to the OTA on a friday night ? I would dispute that

He didn't say that it took him 45 mins every Friday, he qualified it afterwards, but yes it is possible to do it in 45 mins at the right time of day, even on a Friday. It's only 47 miles from the Exeter Services junction to the Oaktree.

Google maps have it down as a 40 min run in light traffic

Edited by womble53

No I'm in fuerteventura

if you had flown into Bristol i reckon you could have done it in less than 6 hours!! :t:

• Like 2