British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
ProudtobeaBrummie

Champions V Cradley Play Off 1st Leg

I did predict before a wheel was turned Eastbourne would win the play--offs

Here we go again, every time the engine puffs. What a bore but I hope you are right for once.

utter joke cant make it now and neither can the 7 season ticket holders i go with ..

ive had enough of this now

Yes, they obviously did it to spite you and Bouchard personally. Seen Brian Buck's post in the Brummies forum?

Here we go again, every time the engine puffs. What a bore but I hope you are tight for once.

No doubt about it home track advantage for Eastbourne ensures it and you can berate and chide all you want but it's a fact

Guest GiveusaB

Common sense at last !!! Well done Graham Drury !!! would have been ludicrous to hold it on the same night as Wolves!!!

Common sense at last !!! Well done Graham Drury !!! would have been ludicrous to hold it on the same night as Wolves!!!

Would have also been impossible.

Many of the track staff work at both tracks.

• Like 1

I did predict before a wheel was turned Eastbourne would win the play--offs

i somehow think your riders won't have given it up quite as easy as you have though.

Can we think of any track staff who complain if riders double-up or triple-up between the leagues?

Would have also been impossible.

they are Wolves track staff because you don't have your own

So the truth is out...guitar_art is a Wolf !!!

Whatever I write will not convince those people who are determined to believe that there is some kind of conspiracy behind the decision to re-schedule the Birmingham v Cradley fixture, but I set it down all the same:

If the original staging date had stood:

1. The match would have clashed with the re-arranged Wolverhampton v Poole Elite League semi-final which would have been taking place on the same night.

2. The match would have clashed with the Sky television coverage of the Wolves-Poole fixture.

Both would have prevented those people wishing to see both matches from doing so, and would inevitably have affected the attendance - surely every sensible

supporter understands that all speedway clubs have to pay their way and can't afford to deliberately throw away the chance of a good crowd?

3. Wolverhampton and Birmingham do not have "the same" track staff - but do share a significant number and sensibly avoid running home meetings on the same

night whenever possible.

4. Birmingham were likely to be without 2 (possibly 3) of their better riders and Cradley without 2 of their top 3.

If the meeting had been put off a week until the following Wednesday, Cradley could quite possibly have been in the same situation with 2 of their heat leaders

unavailable.

Again, the fixture would have clashed with the Sky screening of the Elite League play-off final.

As the stadium is only available to the speedway promotion on Wednesdays or Thursdays, the only realistic solution is what has been decided.

• Like 1

The track staff is deffo an issue but for me the clash with TV is a non starter of an arguement as most people with access to watch the sky coverage will also have the record function. I would rather watch live action then get home and watch TV coverage skipping out the ads and the waffle (stopping to listen to interviews I may be interested in).

Not many more chances to hear and smell speedway till next easter so I would suggest most people will attend whatever the date.

Btw I have no doubt it's the right decision to postpone for the fans and riders alike, who wants a semi final littered with guests and rr.

Nothing new about that, I remember in the 80's we had Wolve's start marshal on loan at old Perry Barr (think his name was Kev ?) and woe betide any rider who P1ssed around at the gate! unlike the current incumbent who riders take no notice of!

Back in the 70's we "borrowed" Cradley's track man Ted Flannahan (sp?) who sorted out the many bumps and potholes on the new circuit. You know it's called mutal cooperation and long may it continue. Good Luck to Wolves in the play off final!

Edited by BeoBrummie

It was Ted Flanaghan if I remember rightly. He was an excellent track curator and spent a long time with the Dog Heads.

PS For the sake of a balanced view - Good luck to Belle Vue for the Play Off Final!

• Like 1

No Danyon on Thursday then....

Feel sorry for the lad not just missing the NL Play Offs but the PL ones too with Ipswich (same as Zach of course, but Dan's injury was later in the season).

The Cradley website offers the following list of team line-up for Thursday's first leg:

BIRMINGHAM: Liam Carr, Danyon Hume R/R, Darryl Ritchings, Tom Bacon, Tom Perry, Jack Smith, Jack Parkinson-Blackburn, Lee Geary (No.8)

CRADLEY: Max Clegg, Joe Lawlor, Ben Hopwood, Richard Andrews R/R, Ashley Morris, Ben Basford, Bradley Andrews.

Share This: facebook.png twitter.png