British Speedway Forum
Super Blue

Edinburgh Monarch's V Ipswich Witches Plpo Quarter Final 2nd Leg 30/9/16

Why would we want our rivals to win anything, no thanks.

Now the obsession part who started and posted on the Edinburgh 2017 thread Glasgow fans who turned up and payed there hard earned last night to support Ipswich. Both as obsessed as each other.

But Edinburgh need all the money they can get...why are you complaining about Glasgow fans going to a speedway meeting get a life it might stop the bowl from coming out. Edited by allthegearbutnaeidea
  • Like 4

Why would we want our rivals to win anything, no thanks.

Now the obsession part who started and posted on the Edinburgh 2017 thread Glasgow fans who turned up and payed there hard earned last night to support Ipswich. Both as obsessed as each other.

Someone that is partial to home made soup by the looks off it.

From Northumberland so what is your point caller.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

But Edinburgh need all the money they can get...why are you complaining about Glasgow fans going to a speedway meeting get a life it might stop the bowl from coming out.

Well said 'idea' and thanks to Blobby i'll keep my money for more important away matches. who else isn't going through to the dump

• Like 1

Well done to the Witches who pretty much had the tie sewn up at Foxhall. Edinburgh rode well last night but I felt there were three races that really tipped it the way of the Witches. Firstly the Risager, Covatti 5 - 1 in heat 7 closely followed by the ride of the night from James Sarjeant in heat 8 when he chased down and passed Ryan Fisher and then in heat 11 with another 5 - 1 this time from Danny King and James Sarjeant.

• Like 1

James Sarjeant. Much maligned but a Massif hero. Will be pivotal in the semi finals

Edited by macca56
  • Like 1

A set of unused track covers and a begging bowl.

George..speaking as someone who used to have genuine interest in seeing your posts that were mostly well measured and thought out, your constant references to 'begging bowls' when referring to my club are getting pretty monotonous..As monotonous as the racing through at the Ashfield Lipstick On A Pig Arena has been..no matter how much you dress it up and throw money at it it's still a porker i'm afraid. :P Glasgow fans are probably and quite rightly enjoying seeing the Monarchs having a comparatively mediocre season compared to recent years,but i wouldnt get too carried away if i was you.You can't win them all,but we'll be back.As i've pointed out before we are a very small town club with a pretty small catchment area who unfortunately were evicted from a beautiful stadium in a big city through no fault of our own.Despite that we have survived and achieved great success very much against the odds.We are very lucky to have an astute hard working promotion and can also count on masses of goodwill from directors and fans alike.We could have rolled over and died a few times but we cannot and have not let that happen.You seem to have a bloody short memory when it comes to your own club and it's difficulties on the financial side of things..newsflash it could happen again if and when the Facetious Brothers lose interest/money or decide to replace speedway with the biggest time consuming attraction at Ashfield currently..yes folks roll up for the thrills of All in Tractor Racing.. As for the match against Ipswich..massively dissapointed to be honest..it really looked at one point that we were on our way to an unlikely agg victory but we lost our way in 2 or 3 heats and that was that i'm afraid..the real damage was done at the Witches Coven..we had a mare for once and i'm sure the Foxhole Faithful enjoyed it and rightly so..bring it oan in 2017 and i'm sure normal service will be resumed.Best thing about last Friday for me was seeing Mark Riss bombing round the Dale..he probably wants the season to continue but he'll be very welcome back here and proved that it was the right decision to reluctantly drop Jye Ethridge.It was a shame also that another success story of 2016 young Dan Bewlay had to miss the last few matches as that lad is definitely going places in speedway..whether we would have bettered the Witches with him at #7 it's conjecture now though..

We are not your rivals now you have been knocked out everything.

It is for us it is just an inconvenience with far more important fixtures, plan is let them win big to lower our averages and get out the trick dome injury free.

Cheating the fans again Gaz..well lets face it you've pulled that one before and probably will again..June 2010 anyone?Oh dear!As i said you can put lippy on a pig but.. :P

• Like 1

Cheating the fans again Gaz..well lets face it you've pulled that one before and probably will again..June 2010 anyone?Oh dear!As i said you can put lippy on a pig but.. :P

Wondered how long it would take for a bite didn't think it would be you though.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

Wondered how long it would take for a bite didn't think it would be you though.

Darn it you got me this time lol..i'm still in shock at James 'The Bionic Clutch Hand' Sarjeant scoring a race win at the Dale to be honest Gaz :D

Darn it you got me this time lol..i'm still in shock at James 'The Bionic Clutch Hand' Sarjeant scoring a race win at the Dale to be honest Gaz :D

I honestly thought Blobby would have been jumping all over that think he has got to know the content on my post's ;) .

• Like 1

George..speaking as someone who used to have genuine interest in seeing your posts that were mostly well measured and thought out, your constant references to 'begging bowls' when referring to my club are getting pretty monotonous..As monotonous as the racing through at the Ashfield Lipstick On A Pig Arena has been..no matter how much you dress it up and throw money at it it's still a porker i'm afraid. :P Glasgow fans are probably and quite rightly enjoying seeing the Monarchs having a comparatively mediocre season compared to recent years,but i wouldnt get too carried away if i was you.You can't win them all,but we'll be back.As i've pointed out before we are a very small town club with a pretty small catchment area who unfortunately were evicted from a beautiful stadium in a big city through no fault of our own.Despite that we have survived and achieved great success very much against the odds.We are very lucky to have an astute hard working promotion and can also count on masses of goodwill from directors and fans alike.We could have rolled over and died a few times but we cannot and have not let that happen.You seem to have a bloody short memory when it comes to your own club and it's difficulties on the financial side of things..newsflash it could happen again if and when the Facetious Brothers lose interest/money or decide to replace speedway with the biggest time consuming attraction at Ashfield currently..yes folks roll up for the thrills of All in Tractor Racing.. As for the match against Ipswich..massively dissapointed to be honest..it really looked at one point that we were on our way to an unlikely agg victory but we lost our way in 2 or 3 heats and that was that i'm afraid..the real damage was done at the Witches Coven..we had a mare for once and i'm sure the Foxhole Faithful enjoyed it and rightly so..bring it oan in 2017 and i'm sure normal service will be resumed.Best thing about last Friday for me was seeing Mark Riss bombing round the Dale..he probably wants the season to continue but he'll be very welcome back here and proved that it was the right decision to reluctantly drop Jye Ethridge.It was a shame also that another success story of 2016 young Dan Bewlay had to miss the last few matches as that lad is definitely going places in speedway..whether we would have bettered the Witches with him at #7 it's conjecture now though..

Young51 I think you've missed the point here but I'll let you off as your not on here as frequently as you used to be. ;)

I can assure you I haven't changed my opinions (expressed here previously and our PMs) in your absence.

Haven't forgotten our dark times - any gloating now is more out of a huge sense of relief that we have a future.

Still want to see a strong Monarchs, but even stronger Tigers.

Still want to see both teams prosper.

Still admire your promotion for what they've achieved on and off the track.

However, serious debate no longer really takes place on BSF between our two sets of fans, as unfortunately many of the Monarchs whp did are less frequent visitors, or no show. Pity really as there was some really good guys - including yourself.

(No doubt the usual suspects will say that's due to people like me! Yawn!)

I too am less frequent now as Edinburgh threads are dominated by predictable and "we pee up the wall higher" posts.

And BTW we have been peeing up the wall higher for the last 3 years.

So what you're seeing from me is just twit-for-tat.

Which on reflection, is pretty poor show on my part.

Facebook is much better than BSF now. Unfortunately.

So getting back to my original point. Going back a couple of weeks ago or so, I made reference to the fact that on FB it was stated Edinburgh have covers, but they're "superior" ones and cant be used.

Of course, some take that to be point scoring on my part.

Their tunnel vision is their issue not mine.

What I was and subsequently have been referring to is that doesn't sit well with me.

Any business, never mind Monarchs, that spends what I can only imagine is a significant some of money, then admits it got it wrong should be held to account, never mind be asking fans to dig deep.

What I find even more puzzling is that it appears on social media (including BSF), unless I've missed it, that Embra fans are not questioning this expenditure on covers that don't work.

This is where I'm coming from.

Edited by george.m