British Speedway Forum

With a 2 pointer put in now l would think Chris would have easily been fitted in I've never thought it was to do with average's anyway

I can't see why Chris was not included. I can't imagine it's anything to do with their relationship as I would have thought Jack would've stuck by his side if that were the case. Not to mention Chris even said on Twitter that it was down to the new rules.

• Like 1

Added to the fact that Holder senior - dad Mick -confirmed on facebook that there was no falling out and it was 'just the business of speedway'!! All parties continue to have the utmost mutual respect!!

Great to see Poole taking a chance on Shanes.

One of the most exciting national league riders and a joy to watch IMHO.

Gating will be exposed at this level however another of the next breed of promising riders.

Great to see Poole taking a chance on Shanes.

One of the most exciting national league riders and a joy to watch IMHO.

Gating will be exposed at this level however another of the next breed of promising riders.

.....and another local Dorset lad too!!

The only issue for me are the possible weekend fixture clashes with World Longtrack in 2017?! Any replacement guest will have to be a 2 pointer unless the away fixtures can be planned accordingly.

Edited by Skidder1
  • Like 1

Just thought Poole would have shown Holder some loyalty. I agree not much between Holder and KK but surely Holder deserves his place, very strange to me

• Like 1

Just thought Poole would have shown Holder some loyalty. I agree not much between Holder and KK but surely Holder deserves his place, very strange to me

If there isn't much to choose and one rider costs one and a half points more than the other i would have thought it is a bit of a no brainer to have the rider that takes up less points and build stronger lower down.

• Like 2

If there isn't much to choose and one rider costs one and a half points more than the other i would have thought it is a bit of a no brainer to have the rider that takes up less points and build stronger lower down.

Yep i get that as well, but as i say a bit of loyalty for someone who has served the club so well wouldnt go amiss

• Like 1

I agree with the general gist of this but would say there is much between them, I would go as far as to say that when it comes to team selection there is an utter chasm between them (Holder and KK) and very few promotions would sell their season down the river out of “loyalty”, the loyalty a promotion has is to the fans and the club.

With a 2 pointer put in now l would think Chris would have easily been fitted in I've never thought it was to do with average's anyway

And what do you think its to do with then ?

I agree with Rider loyalty. But riders aren't owned by clubs as people always say. And in no other professional sport to they care its about winning you make money from winning and if you dont want your team to win there is not point at supporting a team. Professional is sport is about winning. Its not the taking part its the winning.

It was exposed in the NL. At this level he will make Bomber look like Todd Wiltshire!

I agree with Rider loyalty. But riders aren't owned by clubs as people always say. And in no other professional sport to they care its about winning you make money from winning and if you dont want your team to win there is not point at supporting a team. Professional is sport is about winning. Its not the taking part its the winning.

I've always agreed that speedway should be a cut-throat sport, but I would have thought the experience and loyalty that Chris brings, along with the team spirit working with his brother, is easily worth 1.5pts.

.....and another local Dorset lad too!!

The only issue for me are the possible weekend fixture clashes with World Longtrack in 2017?! Any replacement guest will have to be a 2 pointer unless the away fixtures can be planned accordingly.

Fixtures clashes are key for all the riders irregardless if they are number one or number 7 because sometimes a guest can make you stronger however in the most it is likely to be someone weaker as a replacement. There are quite a few 2 pointers equally as good as Shanes but hopefully the clashes can be kept to a minimum.

Yep i get that as well, but as i say a bit of loyalty for someone who has served the club so well wouldnt go amiss

Matt runs the club, and he does what he feels is right for the club. Chris has already stated that the averages have cost him his place. NOTHING MORE..