British Speedway Forum

dont forget this is not the elite league, it is a beefed up premier league now, look at the teams as last years premier standard, and i reckon my money would be on the pirates, a good solid 1-6, youth and experience, a perfect balance. think you are the team to beat.

So the BSPA members ie the promoters are often criticised for not having a plan and for thinking too much about the now rather than 2-3-4 years hence?!

As soon as one (MF) openly states he is planning for the future, its suddenly all wrong!!

If anything its the fans that are only mainly concerned about the coming season!

Maybe give Wolves some credit Gavan, they just rode better.

They did and ive given Wolves credit on their page......answering those who said Poole only lost because of Tai and injuries to Poole riders.

The fact was that all last season Poole were favourites all the way through and didnt win. They choked or bottled it as many of their riders went missing and funnily enough one who didnt (Ellis) has been moved on in favour or foreigners. Quite rightly Matt Ford will pick the best 7 he sees fit hence no room for sentiment (Holder) which is why i find it quite funny to read things like 'Newman is a future captain' and 'Brady and Jack are the future of Poole'. If the averages dont fit Matt Ford will have no issue letting them go.

They did and ive given Wolves credit on their page......answering those who said Poole only lost because of Tai and injuries to Poole riders.

The fact was that all last season Poole were favourites all the way through and didnt win. They choked or bottled it as many of their riders went missing and funnily enough one who didnt (Ellis) has been moved on in favour or foreigners. Quite rightly Matt Ford will pick the best 7 he sees fit hence no room for sentiment (Holder) which is why i find it quite funny to read things like 'Newman is a future captain' and 'Brady and Jack are the future of Poole'. If the averages dont fit Matt Ford will have no issue letting them go.

Don't see how you can say Poole bottled it at Wolves when 2 of their top three were missing against a full strength Wolves team.

What would the result have been if Wolves had been missing Woffinden and Thorsell and Poole had been at full strength??

Would you keep telling us Wolves bottled it?? No of course you wouldn't, you would say injuries to two of their top three cost them a place in the final, just as the Pirates fans have said.

• Like 3

KK - wont see which way Doyle goes if Doyle leads him

Newman - hasnt improved at all while at Poole as his average and the fact he has been at reserve prove. But a trier and would be in my team

Kurtz- let Poole down hugely last season dropping to reserve. Needs to improve.

Holder - could improve just like Ellis did.........but will get released like Ellis if his average doesnt fit

Hans - in decline as you would expect at his age but solid enough

Klindt - ridiculed by Poole fans........now the bargain of the season as he is a Pirate.

Shanes - any points he gets will be a bonus.

You can easily look at the Poole teams both ways but the way some Poole fans 'big' it up i just wonder if they will choke like last season

I disagree with you about KK. He rode all the lines and made plenty of passing when he rides around Poole. He is nigh on unbeatable when he is in the mood. With no GPs as a distraction, he should see off Doyle. I look forward to those battles

With regards to Jack being dropped if his average doesn't fit, I also disagree to an extent. If he proves his worth and goes on to be the top rider he could be, I don't think this would necessarily be the case. True heat leaders are drying up, whether they will not come ride in Britain, or simply they are now getting old and retiring. Harris,nicholls, Chris Holder, Hans Andersen, Doyle, KK are not getting any younger, they will decline and start to fade out. If Jack becomes the next in line with Brady, they will have alot of years ahead of them to lead the team.

Edited by Jason.C

planning for the future does not work in speedway Matt ford always planning for the future how can you run speedway on averages if the new turbo twins as there so called average anything over 8 either one or both of them will be gone that's how it is

Not entirely correct, we kept hold of Darcy & Chris for a number of seasons, whilst also being able to invite back magic & kk at times. The only time Chris & Darcy didn't ride together is when Chris decided to skip the UK after his injuries, but still filled in at the start of that season.

Once again a terrific looking side in my opinion. Definitely the team to beat, although obviously we haven't yet seen all the sssembled teams.

Wolves look decent and Rye competitive.

Once again a terrific looking side in my opinion. Definitely the team to beat, although obviously we haven't yet seen all the sssembled teams.

Wolves look decent and Rye competitive.

belle vue to come yet

Newman improving really? Klindt if he does not gate he won't be easily beating the likes of Bates,Clegg (ect) Bargain jury out on that one just glad we didn't sign him reminds me of FinnJensen.

Which one, Bates or Clegg...

Neither....Klindt.

We'l see.

Don't see how you can say Poole bottled it at Wolves when 2 of their top three were missing against a full strength Wolves team.

What would the result have been if Wolves had been missing Woffinden and Thorsell and Poole had been at full strength??

Would you keep telling us Wolves bottled it?? No of course you wouldn't, you would say injuries to two of their top three cost them a place in the final, just as the Pirates fans have said.

No good talking sense to Gavan. He would never see it that way. Has to be Poole chocking rather than having to put out a team most EL teams would have seen off that night through missing riders.

Still, anyone who thinks Newman isn't improving clearly has no knowledge of the rider or is simply a troll. I believe Gavan has and is both.

• Like 4

Still, anyone who thinks Newman isn't improving clearly has no knowledge of the rider or is simply a troll.

According to you Steve.. :nono: please do try and have a reasoned discussion.. :t:

I would suggest that Adam Ellis and Steve Worrall are improving far faster than your perpetual reserve..

Clearly you have no knowledge or are simply a troll.. :t:

• Like 2

According to you Steve.. :nono: please do try and have a reasoned discussion.. :t:

I would suggest that Adam Ellis and Steve Worrall are improving far faster than your perpetual reserve..

Clearly you have no knowledge or are simply a troll.. :t:

Perhaps next season he will prove you and many others wrong.. :t: