British Speedway Forum

Were the volvo logos on the race suits just stick on patches then or were they sewn into the suit?.

11th hour signing mate, things will be done professionally.. You just consentrate on your lot and a stadium that will never be built.. ;)

According to MF in tonights Echo , he had virtually accepted that he would start the season without a team sponsor.

It was only in the last few days that the deal with the Volvo dealership was sorted, so it would seem the other three alleged parties weren't quite as interested as claimed.

What parties were those then. Please enlighten us ?

11th hour signing mate, things will be done professionally.. You just consentrate on your lot and a stadium that will never be built.. ;)

So were they stuck on or not, not worried about the stadium any more, just remember the same individual has his eyes on Wimbourne Road.

So were they stuck on or not, not worried about the stadium any more, just remember the same individual has his eyes on Wimbourne Road.

We won't be going anywhere mate.. ;)

What parties were those then. Please enlighten us ?

try post 4066

• Like 1

try post 4066

And your point is ?

A proper name.

So we are now know as Volvo Cars Poole Pirates. Better than Poole Volvo Cars Pirates!

Matt Ford said last week he had received 4 offers for team sponsorship but didn't want to undersell his brand so held out. Guess Volvo have come up with the asking price.

Rain has finally stopped but it has been very heavy and prolonged. Not sure if there will be enough time for it to dry out before 3 pm and practice.

And your point is Jones... Matt will NOT, under sell Poole speedway, so he was either going to start the campaign with no sponsor or wait for the right one to come along..

Edited by Starman2006

I could sell a Microsoft PC, doesn't make me Microsoft. Matt Ford would have sold the sponsorship for £10,000 if he had no better offers.

I could sell a Microsoft PC, doesn't make me Microsoft. Matt Ford would have sold the sponsorship for £10,000 if he had no better offers.

No he wouldn't

• Like 1

Does it really matter to anyone outside Poole who their sponsors are.

To me it appears it is a local Poole firm and they are backing their local team.

People outside Poole must be happy that they may have a little less money but Matt Ford is happy and he is the Pirates boss.

• Like 2

Do you have a brain that functions.?

Yes he does. It's just very small

should be a decent crowd tonight despite arctic conditions!! dont think many families will be attending owing to the shocking price structure,nor any students,! and am also aware of several pensioners giving it a miss on principal.restaurant for me to stay warm,just waiting to see if the programme will be a rip of price??

should be a decent crowd tonight despite arctic conditions!! dont think many families will be attending owing to the shocking price structure,nor any students,! and am also aware of several pensioners giving it a miss on principal.restaurant for me to stay warm,just waiting to see if the programme will be a rip of price??

quite agree about the price for children absolute disgraceful. You think of the families going tonight who may not even know what the prices are can't see why there charging so much for children.