British Speedway Forum

That interview with Ward and Holder albeit totally true it seems, is utterly cringeworthy, deary me, are they a bit thick in Poole?

I see Starman has gone awol again..... :D

Nothing to do with me darling..

Wonder if they will restage the meeting at Saddlebow Road. Better track Darcys first club in British Speedway and his best mates club makes sense.

Lemo's done a lot of work for Darcey's fund raising so I wouldn't be surprised to see it at the NSS next year. Good facilities for Darcy with a bigger crowd to generate more funds plus it removes that element of doubt that seems to surround Wimborne Road.

#doitfordarcey

Why would there be another one. What about the other riders who have suffered life changing injuries?

Yes I totally agree with you.

Lemo's done a lot of work for Darcey's fund raising so I wouldn't be surprised to see it at the NSS next year. Good facilities for Darcy with a bigger crowd to generate more funds plus it removes that element of doubt that seems to surround Wimborne Road.

#doitfordarcey

Don`t think its a good idea to have it anywhere else but Poole.
  • Like 2

At least Belle Vue had the excuse of not knowing about the problems with the track base.

That's a matter of opinion .

• Like 1

I can't imagine Belle Vue supporters approving of any such meeting if it did not benefit Alan Wilkinson.

That's my point, Its about time British speedway looked after there own badly injured riders first, DW had enough money to buy a lovely home on the gold coast and too travel to las vegas and other desinations, these benefit meetings should be for riders in real need of help who cant afford things DW can and last nights meeting should be the last one for DW in this country.

• Like 6

Why would there be another one. What about the other riders who have suffered life changing injuries?

I agree as so many other riders are still struggling with similar injuries.

• Like 5

That's my point, Its about time British speedway looked after there own badly injured riders first, DW had enough money to buy a lovely home on the gold coast and too travel to las vegas and other desinations, these benefit meetings should be for riders in real need of help who cant afford things DW can and last nights meeting should be the last one for DW in this country.

I'm sure Darcy said in last nights programme that he is using the money from his meeting in Aus to fund a home gym/equipment to help him strengthen his upper body. So seems that he still needs it.

I'm sure Darcy said in last nights programme that he is using the money from his meeting in Aus to fund a home gym/equipment to help him strengthen his upper body. So seems that he still needs it.

Really with Monster Joe in his corner I can't see Darcy struggling for anything.

• Like 5

This track has been bad for about 60 years. Matt will not improve it until they re do the stadium which I agree with. No point in him spending thousands of pounds if they are going to simply re do the track shape and size. I imagine that will be part of the stadium re construction. I think they will swap the tracks around with GreyHounds on the inside and speedway on the outside. If speedway GB gets these large sponsors they should help every single club get track covers by paying 30% of whatever.

But yes it was bad by Poole. But that track had taken so much water. All Wed all Thursday and all Friday morning and it was simply the temperature. What no one realises is that Poole is a project give it a couple of years Poole will challenge Belle Vue and this is UK speedway it cannot be done overnight. But at least we are winning while we plan to have the stadium re done. Matt Ford wont sell until the track and stadium is done.

Really with Monster Joe in his corner I can't see Darcy struggling for anything.

Just watching the interview on DW racing FB and it maybe worth some of you taking a look as he is a right foul mouthed plonker .

He also proudly shows off his big plasma tv and comes across as someone not in need of a benefit meeting.

Edited by rocketman77
  • Like 2