British Speedway Forum

Janowski had at least a year at Swindon and a year at Kings Lynn before he joined Poole. I'm sure he would have been riding in Sweden & his native Poland during that period also. So how did he 'make his name' at Poole?

Dont bite back mate. Its a Poole thing riders only improve when they go to Poole please remember that. If he had stayed at Swindon or Kings Lynn he would have never made a gp rider. The fact is he isnt British as Poole have a poor record with Brits.

If I was Maks I would like to ride,ride and ride some more after losing so much of 2015.

He will ride Poland,Sweden and cld fit UK in as well which would give him that oh so important experience of riding smaller tracks which will benefit him for when he does eventually make it into GP etc.

He would rebuild his strength and would do his confidence plenty of good as I see him racking up plenty of points against inferior competition in many cases.

Wish I had the cheque book to sign the guy as would try to make him a priority if he was willing to come over. Poole are good at welcoming young riders as they have done with Chris H - Darcy W - Jack H - Brady K etc.

Let's hope Matt can make such a move happen as with Jack - Brady etc I cld see one hell of a side plus room for experience if he also signs my idea of the hottest UK potential in Jack P Blackburn on a 2 point average.

This would be a quality side.

1. Hampel=10.50 just a rumour

2. Jack= 7.16

3. Brady=7.65

4. Drabik= 6.00 I have no idea what he would come in on.

5. Hans=10.01

6. Kyle=6.31

7. Jack P Blackburn=2.00

49.63= With two big heat leaders and 3 of the top young riders in the world. A Poole legend and master at home and the UK's top young prospect would be a solid team.

Edited by poolebolton
  • Like 2

Until he joined Poole Magic was trying to win the World U21 title which always seemed his overriding priority. I think having that monkey off his back plaited a big part in his improvement after that.

Edited by Gordon Bennett

He improved an awful lot more at Poole than anywhere else.

Janowski had at least a year at Swindon and a year at Kings Lynn before he joined Poole. I'm sure he would have been riding in Sweden & his native Poland during that period also. So how did he 'make his name' at Poole?

Ahhh let be remember that time he was a GP rider at those two teams. Ohh wait I can't. He also went from 6.9 ish to 8.95 in three seasons that is pretty go going.

He went from 3rd heat leader at Poole to a top three rider in the league, that's making his name. He did not ride in Sweden until last year and he has said that British speedway made him.

So in 2008 Janowski was seen as good enough to ride in the gp's

In 2010 while riding for Swindon he was second in the World Under 21

In 2011 he was world under 21 champion beating a certain Darcy Ward

Of course in the following years he ended up getting into the gp's.

You honestly think that he wouldnt have made the gp's if he hadnt rode for Poole??

In 2011 he was 20 years old so of course he would get better , the club he rode for is irrelevent

Until he joined Poole Magic was trying to win the World U21 title which always seemed his overriding priority. I think having that monkey off his back plaited a big part in his improvement after that.

He won the world under 21 whilst riding for Swindon, and then as you say he was always only going to get better wouldnt have mattered where he rode.

So in 2008 Janowski was seen as good enough to ride in the gp's

In 2010 while riding for Swindon he was second in the World Under 21

In 2011 he was world under 21 champion beating a certain Darcy Ward

Of course in the following years he ended up getting into the gp's.

You honestly think that he wouldnt have made the gp's if he hadnt rode for Poole??

In 2011 he was 20 years old so of course he would get better , the club he rode for is irrelevent

Im not saying he wouldn't have made the GP's, but he's improved more at poole than anywhere else. But you are entitled to your opinion.

Edited by Starman2006

110 pages on this thread. 66% of those pages is Gavan having a dig at Poole.

Poole 2017 is the topic. Not Magic Janowski's British career.

I can honestly see Jarek Hampel signing for us. Jarek needs meetings not just 2 per a week. Jarek needs the confidence as well and what better way to get that confidence than having an easy time of it in Britain.

Other options.

Krystian Pieszczek is only a squad member in Poland.

Maksym Drabik like Jarek needs time and confidence on the bike after a horrible injury.

Janusz Kolodziej only riding in Poland so maybe Janusz would be tempted seeing as MF will have a lot more money to spare this year.

Artem Laguta no contract in Sweden this season.

Sorry must remember to have the same opinion as you. The 'digs' as you have called them are:

Poole should have kept Holder - opinion

Poole should have kept Ellis - opinion

Hans Andersen isnt good enough to be the team number one - opinion

Magic was already a world star before he joined Poole - opinion

Happy to discuss any of those but if you think im having a dig at Poole then thats up to you

110 pages on this thread. 66% of those pages is Gavan having a dig at Poole.

Poole 2017 is the topic. Not Magic Janowski's British career.

I can honestly see Jarek Hampel signing for us. Jarek needs meetings not just 2 per a week. Jarek needs the confidence as well and what better way to get that confidence than having an easy time of it in Britain.

Other options.

Krystian Pieszczek is only a squad member in Poland.

Maksym Drabik like Jarek needs time and confidence on the bike after a horrible injury.

Janusz Kolodziej only riding in Poland so maybe Janusz would be tempted seeing as MF will have a lot more money to spare this year.

Artem Laguta no contract in Sweden this season.

Laguta yes please. Agree with Gater this is about team building. I started the magic stuff and i'm sorry. Drabik and Hampel would be most likely.

Hampel is also a big name and would be good over here. Ford is going to have lots of money to spend because he can get a cheap number 7 rider in. So will be interesting to see what happens. Hans is not our number 1 which is going to make for interesting news for whoever signs.

Sorry must remember to have the same opinion as you. The 'digs' as you have called them are:

Poole should have kept Holder - opinion

Poole should have kept Ellis - opinion

Hans Andersen isnt good enough to be the team number one - opinion

Magic was already a world star before he joined Poole - opinion

Happy to discuss any of those but if you think im having a dig at Poole then thats up to you

1. We should have kept Holder= Fact

2. Ellis, no. Not as good as Brady and Jack in reality. Kyle had bad injury and was getting back to his best and 1.5 points is a lot in this league

3. In this league you never know. I don't think he will be our number 1. Hampel looks like best bet at the moment. Pirates of Poole normally knows what is going on.

4. Magic not a world star. Potential was there and we simply gave him the chance and he upped his average by 2 at Poole. He says he was made in Poole like Darcy does not Kings Lynn.

Hampel's last EL ave was 9.13 - converts to 12.78?

Been out of the league for more than 3 years would come in on 9.8 I think like Lindback. Just an idea??

Been out of the league for more than 3 years would come in on 9.8 I think like Lindback. Just an idea??

You never know!

Jarek will be re-assessed.

No need to apologise.

Poole should have kept CH - No because in the first half of the season Chris's heart wasn't in it.

Poole should have kept Ellis - Again No because Brady Kurtz and Jack Holder are better riders and they are also the future of Poole speedway

Hans isn't good enough to be No.1 - 50/50 tbh in last season's format then no Hans wouldn't be good enough. In this season's format I would say he is good enough however Hans will be our No.5

Magic - Was always going to be a GP rider with a big future imo.

Do you know who will be our number 1?? Where have these rumours come from?? I'm looking Forward to it to see who signs.

I don't but I just think riders like Drabik and Hampel need meeting's to get the confidence and sharpness back.

Also MF will have a lot of money to spare next season and we can afford a big name.

Hampel also wants to get back into the GP's and Britain would help him massively. Ekstraliga Speedway is ruthless so Jarek might be a bit nervy whilst in Britain Jarek will be winning races for fun against Championship riders whilst on really good wages if he was to sign.

Our No.1 will be KK or a bigger name imo.

Thanks very much. I wasn't questioning in bad way was just wondering. I don't think money is an issue for us this year. I would love the two of them together. And J.Holder and Brady and Newman I can't see being that expensive.

Number 1 options KK or Hampel any other riders??? Which anyone can think of.

Jarek will be re-assessed.

Oh don't tell them that, you will have somebody start a whole new thread.. :rofl:

• Like 1

Im not saying he wouldn't have made the GP's, but he's improved more at poole than anywhere else. But you are entitled to your opinion.

only because he was at poole longer and he was an improving rider every year he would have got better know matter where he was
  • Like 1