British Speedway Forum

If Newman had a run at reserve he would be ok but how many people would be confident of Klindt in a top five.?

Not me but that's the risk you take in signing him on a bargain average at Reserve. Once that spell at Reserve is done and his average is inflated, he's only going to be very average in the top 5.

But Matt needs to be careful that because this one has been closed an unofficial forum does not post even worse comments that the sponsors could just as easily read. In fact some of the sponsors might even read the bsf to get a feel of what the fans think.

Yeah, but they would have to actively look for it not just stumble upon it on the clubs website.

As you say the writing has been on the wall with that for a few years and I had seen an improvement (i.e. a couple of inane posters had seemed to have disappeared in recent times) however the sacking of Kyle has lead to a bit of a meltdown. I posted on there only yesterday morning to return today to see it gone all but the updates section! I never understood why peptalk didn't just ban the continual offending posters as he policed the forum admirably (unlike on here).

For what it's worth this move by Matt Ford has surprised me as he really has alienated a fairly large section of supporters. Kyle, whilst never pulling up tress, has be a fantastic, reliable and hugely loyal Poole rider for the last 4-5 years and that has earned him a hell of a lot of love on the terraces. His never say die style of riding (when fully fit) was always a joy to watch.

Whilst I tend to agree with most of Matt's rider management (but not always his business acumen!), this is a very poor decision which may cost him in more ways than one.

Starman was banned from it wasn't he?

Yeah, but they would have to actively look for it not just stumble upon it on the clubs website.

But that would not be difficult, in many cases people or organisations look for unofficial sites that have not been doctored or sanitised by the organisation they are for.

I don't think bringing Paul Starke back to Poole is much of an issue as he was also very popular a couple of years ago and he should score like for like which doesn't really do us as a team any improvement which is why it's such a baffling decision. It's the sacking of Kyle which has hit the supporters very hard.

I also feel quite sorry for Paul as the situation isn't his fault, but I feel he may get a bit of an unjust backlash from the 'boo boys'. Matt Ford has also told him he HAS to hit the ground running or he's out too!! The whole thing seems very strange...

Well someone's annoyed him! Although I'm hoping there's a method to the madness.. Edited by lisa-colette

If Matt thinks that potential sponsors are reading fans forums and thus reconsidering their sponsorship then what affect will the headline on the back of todays Bournemouth Echo have.

In one and a half inch high capital letters it says FORD AXES KYLE. (Note the use of Surname and Christian names).

Edited by Pirate Baz

If Matt thinks that potential sponsors are reading fans forums and thus reconsidering their sponsorship then what affect will the headline on the back of todays Bournemouth Echo have.

In one and a half inch high capital letters it says FORD AXES KYLE. (Note the use of Surname and Christian names).

There is one ex sponsor who has put out a tweet with a couple of comments about the club.

Ford seems adamant that Kyle will return to Poole at some stage,but has anyone asked Newman.According to the Echo he states "I deserve more loyalty than that".To me that doesn't sound like a foregone conclusion.

Was he? :rofl:

I must confess that I didn't use it much in recent times due to the guff playgroud it had become...and he was one of the main culprits to be fair.

There is one ex sponsor who has put out a tweet with a couple of comments about the club.

Is this the same sponsor who used to slag the promotion/club off on social media when they were involved and continued to want to sponsor at the club but they were told to hop it?

Was he? :rofl:

I must confess that I didn't use it much in recent times due to the guff playgroud it had become...and he was one of the main culprits to be fair.

I don't go on either but the guys from Piratecast said it was a lot better recently with Starman being banned! Edited by lisa-colette

Is this the same sponsor who used to slag the promotion/club off on social media when they were involved and continued to want to sponsor at the club but they were told to hop it?

No idea, but any negative tweet does a lot more damage than many positive ones.

I did not bother with their social media after having looked at it for a short while.

Edited by A ORLOV

No idea, but any negative tweet does a lot more damage than many positive ones.

If it's the one I'm thinking of then it doesn't take a lot to set them off!

Would be amazed of it is too long before Newman is back on a pirates race jacket on a very nice 3.5 average. Can see a very strong Poole team come the play offs.

poole speedway this yr seems to have completly gone down the pan,right from the very first meeting,there is a member of the promoting team who has absolutely no people skills and shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the general public but is increasingly confronting people with his bad attitude,bad language and arrogance,the speedway fraternity is a small band and there is not an endless supply of fans to p--ss off.(closing the forum childish and a further display of arrogance)

• Like 1

If it's the one I'm thinking of then it doesn't take a lot to set them off!

Have checked other links and it seems to be more than one sponsor.

Edited by A ORLOV

poole speedway this yr seems to have completly gone down the pan,right from the very first meeting,there is a member of the promoting team who has absolutely no people skills and shouldnt be allowed anywhere near the general public but is increasingly confronting people with his bad attitude,bad language and arrogance,the speedway fraternity is a small band and there is not an endless supply of fans to p--ss off.(closing the forum childish and a further display of arrogance)

yes your right ever sinse the first meeting of the season gone down hill slowly but surely perhaps its time for a change :t: