British Speedway Forum

The averages arent working out that bad. Poole could look at something like this and then re shuffle when averages drop back down

Holder - 12.53

Jack h - 7.16

Harris - 9.21

Batch - 7.36

Newman - 6.31

New reserve - 4.00

New reserve 3.4

I'm not sure why the BSPA have Brady Kurtz average as 9.22 in the PL, I make it 7.65

I can now see Kurtz and Holder being back. The problem with these averages is that there all going to drop. So for this first year there will be very few GP riders and then later on in season when Holder and Doyle who will probably ride there averages go from 12+ to about 9 ish all. I just think the averages have not been thought about. So we could see teams in March which in June are completely different. Does not make much sense. Should have got a better idea for averages.

• Like 1

Holder and Doyle will be 10.5pt plus men given the change in format and weakening of the leader.

Kurtz on a 7.65 does become appealing.

I'm not sure why the BSPA have Brady Kurtz average as 9.22 in the PL, I make it 7.65

I agree👍

Ok so now i get it. Premier league averages just transfer across so Newman will be 6.79. I await the apologies from Shovlar and Skiddet and Lisa Colette as the premier league conversion has been scrapped. Wow Poole are in the deep stuff. Newman 6.79. Ellis over 7. Kurtz over 9. Buck Gomolski over 8. Andersen over 10 and Holder over 12.

You are the one who has been going on and on with the wrong interpretation of the conversion on this thread, not sure why you think you are owed an apology?!?

PoOle will again have the strongest team. All El teams except Leicester will weaken

Andersen j holder harris batch kurtz Newman 2pter?

Kk Ellis batch j holder kurtz Newman 3pter?

Ellis, regardless for who he rides for next season, seems to be harshly treated having not had a pl team berth last season.

Instead he ride nl. Is there a conversin between nl and pl? If so surely common sense would say, take his high nl average, convert it to what it would be in the pl, and he should use that.

As an edr last season, every other edr has been treated differently as they rode pl. Ellis rode a league lower so should not be penalised.

Surely the idea is to bring on up and coming Brits, not put them out of a team place due to giving them a ridiculously high el average.

Come on bspa, show some common sense here please. The lads a Brit and we don't want to hold talent back, do we?

Ellis, regardless for who he rides for next season, seems to be harshly treated having not had a pl team berth last season.

Instead he ride nl. Is there a conversin between nl and pl? If so surely common sense would say, take his high nl average, convert it to what it would be in the pl, and he should use that.

As an edr last season, every other edr has been treated differently as they rode pl. Ellis rode a league lower so should not be penalised.

Surely the idea is to bring on up and coming Brits, not put them out of a team place due to giving them a ridiculously high el average.

Come on bspa, show some common sense here please. The lads a Brit and we don't want to hold talent back, do we?

If Ellis had ridden PL last year, what do you honestly think he would have averaged. Surely it would have been a point more than the likes of Starke/Newman. Howarth averaged over 7, R Worrall nearly 8.5. So his 7.8 EL conversion is about bang on.

• Like 5

Im not sure Ellis has been that harshly treated.

He averaged the same as Newman but from riding mainly in the top 5.

He is quite clearly a better long term prospect then Newman, and it can be argued that he is a better rider already

What would you have expected him to average in the Premier league last season? Around 7 would be a good guess.

Kyle Newman is 6.91 next season

Adam Ellis is 7.71 next season, a difference of 0.8 which probably is a true reflection of there ability.

I agree that there is no premier average to work from but when you compare him to the likes of Newman then his average is bang on

Edited by Gavan

mwhahaha nope not at all because you yet again don't read what I wrote. I said Premier league averages won't be used for EDR only as it would be farcical. And there not its every rider who rode both so Belle Vue get Worrall, Cook and Jacobs on great averages where as Poole lose out with Ellis being multiplied by 1.4. So they at least saw sense in making every double upper convert. And the fact that Poole can't use some assets makes it tough

ok you need to learn to understand buddy. I would be pig sick if premier league averages had been used SOLELY for the EDR. As it happens ALL double uppers have been converted including the likes of Cook and King so no I'm not pig sick because although Newmans 3.79 is a mockery then so are so many others so it levels up. Poole have lost out big time with Ellis

have you read the AGM?? I'm guessing not as you have no idea as to why some of there assets can't be used

maybe but I can see lots of skullduggery going on. All of Pooles assets have there average mulitiplief by 1.4 so those who have ridden for them solely in the elite league become riders nobody will want. Holder will be over 12 for example. This means that after the first set of averages are published and teams are way under the 50 points that a 4 pointer can be replaced by an 8 pointer. So to start with Poole will have issues but they will change half the side no doubt

not for covertion though so Pl riders will come in on there Pl average

correct but a couple of the usual Poole suspects seem to have not understood lol

no your wrong mate. Newman and Kurtz will have converted Premier league averages

in answer to the troll I'm totally happy with what I said which was a mockery if the EDR riders had converted averages. All premier league boys have been converted so I was spot on. But yet again you failed to read properly. Oh and Adam's dad has already said his average is high next year so no he won't have the National league taken into account.In response to Gater you have Holders average correct but Newman will have a premier league conversion so is 3.79. Poole can't even use their asset base as they are all elite league ridrrs whose averages will be multiplied by 1.4, so to high for the likes of Lindback or Madsen. Tough times for Matt Ford I'm sure he has his head in his hands right now

And I was correct they won't convert only the EDR riders and they didn't. Newmans average although low ties in properly with the likes of Worrall and Bates. Ellis has almost ride himself out of a team spot as his average will be over 7. Seems daft that a young Brit is penalised but as his dad has said its the average we can take it as truth. Newman stalling in his career gets 3.79, Ellis far more promising lumbered with over 7!! Only on British speedway!!!

which bit? All riders who have solely ridden elite league will be multiplied by 1.4. That's Holder Andersen Buck Pedersen Lindback Gomolski Watt to name a few. If a rider rode in both leagues they will be on their premier league conversion so Newman only from last season. Riders like Cook King Worrall Starke and many many more will use premier conversion not there elite average multiplied.

Ok so now i get it. Premier league averages just transfer across so Newman will be 6.79. I await the apologies from Shovlar and Skiddet and Lisa Colette as the premier league conversion has been scrapped. Wow Poole are in the deep stuff. Newman 6.79. Ellis over 7. Kurtz over 9. Buck Gomolski over 8. Andersen over 10 and Holder over 12.

Seriously, Gavan, you wonder why you get grief. Trolling on a Poole thread. Multiple posts where you blatantly mis-understood the rules, yet told people they needed to learn to understand/read. And when you finally realise you are wrong, you don't acknowledge it or apologise, but instead say you expect an apology?!? You sometimes post some decent stuff, but you really do pollute the Poole threads.

• Like 4

If Ellis had ridden PL last year, what do you honestly think he would have averaged. Surely it would have been a point more than the likes of Starke/Newman. Howarth averaged over 7, R Worrall nearly 8.5. So his 7.8 EL conversion is about bang on.

I think its 0.5 too high. When you consider Milik would be available on a lower average, why would clubs go for Adam, regardless of his potential?

I think its 0.5 too high. When you consider Milik would be available on a lower average, why would clubs go for Adam, regardless of his potential?

You don't seriously think Milik will now be a 7 for 2017? Ellis average is probably about right and I'd take him at Coventry on that average.

• Like 1

Seriously, Gavan, you wonder why you get grief. Trolling on a Poole thread. Multiple posts where you blatantly mis-understood the rules, yet told people they needed to learn to understand/read. And when you finally realise you are wrong, you don't acknowledge it or apologise, but instead say you expect an apology?!? You sometimes post some decent stuff, but you really do pollute the Poole threads.

He is a complete troll, your post proves that. I hadn't read any of the above as I have him on block but it just goes to prove my point about him. He doesn't know his ass from his elbow and spews completely inaccurate inane anti Poole drivel. He can't resist. A couple of months ago he quit the forum but has now come back out from under the bridge like the troll he is.

He gets things so wrong as he hasn't understood the new rules, and then expects others to apologise? You couldn't make it up. Lol!

Still, best place for him is block. And there he will remain.

Ellis has to come in on this year's elite average. He had the same opportunity as every 1 else to ride premier this season but chose not to.

Ellis has to come in on this year's elite average. He had the same opportunity as every 1 else to ride premier this season but chose not to.

You don't seriously think Milik will now be a 7 for 2017? Ellis average is probably about right and I'd take him at Coventry on that average.

this. surely any rider who did not ride EL last season, but did ride top flight sweden/poland, either comes in on a 7x1.4 , or that overseas average cnverted. but that should be decided now, prior to teams signing riders.

if Milik comes in on a 5.6 x1.4 he s probably the biggest bargain in the league.