British Speedway Forum

If I was MF then this is the team I would select.

1. Hans Andersen 10.01

2. Paul Starke 6.62

3. Brady Kurtz 7.65

4. Jack Holder 7.16

5. Chris Harris 9.21

6. Kyle Newman 6.31

7. Ellis Perks 3.00

Wouldn't lose a meeting at home all season long. Experienced top 2. High scoring reserve guaranteed all season long.

What no Batch :nono:

You haven't seen Jack holder ride then, he is going to be better than Ellis in my opinion.

Quite possibly. Time will tell.

i still think come february teams will still be struggling to get a1-7 in the premiership just cant see where the riders will come fromi think we will riders with 7 plus will not have a team

If I was MF then this is the team I would select.

1. Hans Andersen 10.01

2. Paul Starke 6.62

3. Brady Kurtz 7.65

4. Jack Holder 7.16

5. Chris Harris 9.21

6. Kyle Newman 6.31

7. Ellis Perks 3.00

Wouldn't lose a meeting at home all season long. Experienced top 2. High scoring reserve guaranteed all season long.

Looks like a Second Div team bar Andersen!!! What a joke of a top league. Hardly going to bring back the fans is it. After 45 years as a fan I REALLY am wondering what's the point.

Abandon ship. Promoters and Top riders first.

Its a jigsaw puzzle putting the pieces into place and you can't fit a square peg in a round hole. Adams average is too high to place him in the team Matt Ford has in his mind.

In Matts mind while team building nationality doesn't come into the equation. Considering Matt Ford has prove in his tenure as owner of Poole Speedway is that he is the best at building title winning teams by the proverbial mile.

Sure, he could fit in Adam, and most Poole fans would be very happy at his inclusion. But it could lead to an imbalance in another area of the side. No one should doubt Matt doesn't know what he is doing. I would not be at all suprised to see rival fans going into some type of meltdown if the team he wants to put together actually does come together.

I think we'd be more surprised if he didn't Steve & the averages for Brady & Klindt give Poole & Wolves one heck of a good head start on the rest.

Missed by many within the Holder announcement today - Poole's first team meetings will be in the 'Premiership'(?)Shield against Wolves.

At Wolves on Monday 27th March and at home two days later on 29th!!

Nope. Newman will run riot at reserve.

Well he should be used to that as that's the only position he rides.

• Like 5

Missed by many within the Holder announcement today - Poole's first team meetings will be in the 'Premiership'(?)Shield against Wolves.

At Wolves on Monday 27th March and at home two days later on 29th!!

Surprised, I thought it would be Wolves v BV.....where does it say this?

The British promoters have made the top EL riders decision NOT to ride in UK next year a very easy one haven't they along with the Polish authorities not allowing them to ride in more than 3 leagues. Ridiculously inflated averages for no reason at all is madness. And having one average makes sense to me now because it will estrange all the top riders completely and the so called 'top' league will simply be the previous Second Division in quality all round.

Now I don't mind too much but for the sake of the sport and losing more fans this is definitely a 'Donald Trump' of a vote!

Edited by Sniffy

Just to be clear Matt Ford has said its 'unlikely' that Adam Ellis can be fitted in to Poole's 1-7 (despite him arguing that Adam's average should be calculated differently at the AGM due to him not riding PL. One EL club argued vociferously against it - I wonder who that was??).

Lets just wait and see. You never know whoever the new main team sponsor is may well be an Ellis fan!!!??

Incidentally, the reason Gomolski appears in some suggested Poole line-ups is because he was 'promised' a 2017 team place at the end of the 2015 season when he effectively won the play-off final!!

Go on then Skidder let us know the club??

Why obviously?

Yes come on Gater1 back up why it was "obviously Swindon"

No suprise to me. Average to high. Im very suprised that Swindon are alledgedly looking to kep Doyley on his average.

I'm not as I would rather see one quality rider than a load of journeyman riders or potential up & coming riders.

Had enough of watching inconsistent riders at Swindon's last season who should've done much better than they did.

Swindon will struggle to get a team with Jason but it's a no brainier for me the same way Leigh Adams was each season.

Top Strength teams always win the league.

So Chris holder is welcome to travel up north for me

• Like 3

Holder won't be riding in Britain this year. At least not to start with. The crazy average conversion has put paid to that.

It is not a fact til it actual happens. Kyle's average could increase, so could Brady's. So that's two riders so far in your ten percent. Josh Bates would probably increase too.

In first half of last season who held the team together it was Hans not Chris Holder! I don't want two weak riders in the 1-5 to accommodate Chris, we have done a lot of seasons with top heavy teams. Time for strength in depth. Let's see how Swindon get on with it.

Yep Kyles could , maybe Brady maybe Bates.

but have a look at most teams top 5, 1 and at best possibly 2 may improve their starting average.

Those riders who solely rode elite league last season will have to improve hugely to achieve the 1.4 multiple conversion and the top boys converting their premier league averages will also not maintain.

The only riders are those who are awful in the premier (Newman and Bates) who may improve but not if they arent in reserve.

Zagar, Fricke, Nicholls, KK, Harris, Pedersen, Iversen, Doyle, AJ, Nilsson, Morris, Thorsell. all rode elite league only and all will see their averages drop.

Howarth, Tungate, Josh G, Lawson, Worrall, Kennett, Cook, King, all coming in on last seasons premier average and again will struggle to maintain them.

If you can find 5 riders who will up their average (forget 3 pointers) then you will have done very well

correct ,

Chris Holder fell out with Matt Ford as has been well documented on this forum by those Poole fans in the know. He doesnt care much for the Poole track either.

Points conversion is a nice excuse for him to leave.

Hans Andersen as Poole number 1 , racing Doyle 3 times , no chance

Harris might achieve his average I reckon. Zagar and Lindgren too.

It's like any season, you pick riders that offer value on their average. thus season though that simply means dropping less than 15% off their average. if they can actually hold it or improve that's exceptional. BATCH Schlein k bjerre could do it.

you obviously missed the last bit of my post of on purpose?

Matt Ford has NEVER had his own way at any AGM. We've had/have 8-9 other promoters, what do they do, sit in the corner like naughty boys...I think not.. Again you are totally guessing..