British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
MrMungo

Plymouth 2017

Bowden is not the only party interested in taking the club on but he is trying to give that impression through local press and media where other people go about their business in a different more discreet way. Yes nl is an option but depending on what re-stucturing within british speedway comes out of the agm if any then pl may still appeal to some potential owners. I expect some major changes personally which may just suit plymouth heres hoping!

The liquidators will put the business into the hands of someone with inherent knowledge of the business unless there is another speedway person involved in doing it.. but frankly PL is not the way any person with sense will go and if they do either they have a lot of money they are willing to loose or will quit after a season or maybe two..

Yes Bowden is in the papers about it. ..you put it as they are going quietly about their business but he is creating hype about it keeping it in the news as something positive if you wish to take a negative view then that's fine your opinion.. what ever restructuring happens the person taking over the club needs to be in the know to make sure they use that effectively..

We will see what happens I just hope if Bowden gets it people with this narrow minded view about him still go through the gates to support the team..

One side note at least you know about Bowden a new guy could be worse and if doing this discretely you will never know what they are doing... just a twist on it

The liquidators will put the business into the hands of someone with inherent knowledge of the business unless there is another speedway person involved in doing it.. but frankly PL is not the way any person with sense will go and if they do either they have a lot of money they are willing to loose or will quit after a season or maybe two..

Yes Bowden is in the papers about it. ..you put it as they are going quietly about their business but he is creating hype about it keeping it in the news as something positive if you wish to take a negative view then that's fine your opinion.. what ever restructuring happens the person taking over the club needs to be in the know to make sure they use that effectively..

We will see what happens I just hope if Bowden gets it people with this narrow minded view about him still go through the gates to support the team..

One side note at least you know about Bowden a new guy could be worse and if doing this discretely you will never know what they are doing... just a twist on it

I think your being narrow minded if you think bowden and nl is the only option. Hes certainly an option but not the only one.

I think your being narrow minded if you think bowden and nl is the only option. Hes certainly an option but not the only one.

i certainly think NL is the only option for the time being as it will offer whoever comes in a leg up into the speedway world and it wont have the huge costs involved.. if it was my money i would want to take the team on bring it back to the NL with a lesser cost involved get the crowd back without having to pay PL wages with not enough coming through the gates.. get the gate back up to what it should be and stable and at that time and that time only think about going PL and only if you are prepared to have a potential loss firstly.

I dont think Bowden is the only option but at this moment until someone else comes out to say we have bid and introduces themselves he is the only person you can see trying.. and with his knowledge of 1) speedway 2) riders 3)the track itself.... then someone else is going to have a uphill battle unless it is someone like Mr Ford from Poole...

People need to realise for Plymouth to get back to once it once was it needs a step down to rebuild and not see it as a poorer product.. get a great team back in a winning way bring the crowd back with decent advertising and build a strong business.. ready for the step back up when the business is ready..

Is Bowden an option really, thought you needed a Promoters licence, or the remotest chance of getting one, but judging by the motley crew running the BSPA he's probably fully qualified to get a Licence.

Must be a lot of amnesia going around the Plymouth area.

• Like 1

Judging the bspa he will probably be their chairman by the end of the week.

Do you get promotion within the BSPA on the number of Holidays served pleasure of HRH the Queen?

Judging the bspa he will probably be their chairman by the end of the week.

Plymouth have new Promoters Chris Blewett.Mike0310 and Lord Skid everybody else is not fit or is a crook

• Like 1

i certainly think NL is the only option for the time being as it will offer whoever comes in a leg up into the speedway world and it wont have the huge costs involved.. if it was my money i would want to take the team on bring it back to the NL with a lesser cost involved get the crowd back without having to pay PL wages with not enough coming through the gates.. get the gate back up to what it should be and stable and at that time and that time only think about going PL and only if you are prepared to have a potential loss firstly.

I dont think Bowden is the only option but at this moment until someone else comes out to say we have bid and introduces themselves he is the only person you can see trying.. and with his knowledge of 1) speedway 2) riders 3)the track itself.... then someone else is going to have a uphill battle unless it is someone like Mr Ford from Poole...

People need to realise for Plymouth to get back to once it once was it needs a step down to rebuild and not see it as a poorer product.. get a great team back in a winning way bring the crowd back with decent advertising and build a strong business.. ready for the step back up when the business is ready..

There is an awful lot of sense in your posts. However, your support for Bowden tends to suggest you are related to him because they are the only people in the past that have posted positive posts on the forum.

• Like 2

/quote]

I may be wrong but I believe the role of the liquidator is to get as much money as possible for the creditors. They will sell it to whoever offers the most money.

There is an awful lot of sense in your posts. However, your support for Bowden tends to suggest you are related to him because they are the only people in the past that have posted positive posts on the forum.

I don't really have a lot of nice things to say about him I could tell you a lot that I know..

But all that aside he brought the sport back to the area yes he did loads wrong but who doesn't when you do something new he didn't have the support I think last time and certainly did things wrong to failure.. not related to him at all look on facebook mattie bates showed support for Bowden a lot of riders were treated very well by him.. he did things way to public because he loves the limelight...

I just personally think he could well be the best shot Plymouth has for its future but we will see what happens won't we.. all I hope is that it will be saved and prosper and I also think whoever takes it over needs to go NL and not pander to these people who thinks it's poor quality.

Let's be straight who else in Plymouth or the surrounding area has the funding... the knowledge of riders and the sport and most of all the trust of a lot of riders apart from you all thinking and quite rightly so he can be an idiot which he was.. let's hope he has changed and brings it back with a good team of people around him and makes it successful..

If not him I hope you all support whoever takes it on and let's hope they all do things the right way for you all.

One thing bowden does not have is the trust of the riders! Mat bates is only coming out in support because if plymouth were in the nl he may get a team place. Definately more than bowden interested in taking plymouth over watch this space.!

• Like 3