British Speedway Forum
Col

Belle Vue Vs Wolves, Grand Final 2nd Leg, 5/10/16...

That I agree with BW, there's a point where it goes too far & it seems both parties are guilty in this case.

• Like 1

Erm, he's a double World Champion and 2 time EL winner. I think BV fans need to learn their place. That WAS disrespectful. If anything the Wolves should have been chanting it at BV and their riders, who are they exactly? 23 years without winning a league title and not a single senior World Championship medal between their 7 riders combined!

Asking a multi-World Champion, "who are ya" is the sign of an idiot to me!

They are the 7 riders were good enougth to win the league.You know that bit that you have to ride as a team for a whole season to prove you are good enougth not bad for a bunch of no ones.

Plus we had every right to ask who are you as we have not seen him in the Elite league for nearly 2 years we forgot who he was and i am sure he was not in the Wolves team for the biggest part of the season.Plus after last night he will forget us again for god knows how long the league and his country.If it wern't for Cardiff and the tv most fans in the country would ask who are ya because we would never see him ride.

Edited by B.V 72

What planet you on?

It was never worse than it is now.Riders seems to think that now there is the air safety fence they can take more risks.

He's on planet earth.. not sure about you.

Riders being deliberately fenced was common practice in yesteryear. Very very rare do you see it now. Note the word 'deliberately'.

• Like 1

There were far worse things shouted at Woffinden from a very small minority last night that I believe he is referring too with his comments.

I heard one particularly foul one referencing his late father.

The majority of it was perfectly fine, no harm in some booing etc, but a few can take it too far.

Simple. If you cant handle it when someone gives it back, then dont dish it out. He called some of the fans idiots, its not as if he jumped over the fence and lamped someone.

• Like 2

It's just a chant, one that's easy to get going, whoever started it last night should take a bow. Most football chants are inane but when delivered at the right time they can be genius.

Learn their place? Their place is supporting the most famous speedway club in the World, bar none.

I've always had time for Woffinden and have enjoyed watching him race, he was last night's pantomime villain and he played up to it, the idiots comment was nothing imo, unlike the "scum" comment he apparently made online later, that was going too far.

I take a bow :D Of course I know who Tai Woffinden is (although he has turned his back on British speedway... till it suits of course!). It's just a chant. And after the first time we did it he got 5-1'd. So we do it again. Then he didn't win the T/R as he was expected to. I think that by doing what we did we got in his head a little bit. I'm certain of it. Just look at the interviews. He was more interested in slating us fans than talking about the racing. People expected him to go unbeaten round our place after his performance in the WTC. Maybe us fans helped our team out to the max last night and helped our lads to a few points. Are we as fans not supposed to do that? However, if comments such as that which BWitcher just mentioned were shouted then that's bang out of order. As is Tai for his actions, mostly the non-heat of the moment stuff calling fans scum on facebook. Edited by Ace no.5
  • Like 1

The Belle Vue fans have it all wrong having a pop at Woffinden, without him they'd have missed out on a lot.

Wolves don't sign Woffinden, they beat Belle Vue in their final home match. Wolves finish top of the league and choose Lakeside.

That leaves Belle Vue to face Poole and very likely lose.

No play off final, no big money, no consolation of saying "we finished top".

Well done Tai, you saved Belle Vue's season!

• Like 1

Calling fans scum is not banter, would he call Polish fans that? No bet he wouldn't! He just can't handle being booed, ah bless.

He's right, those fans that kicked it all off with the verbals and gestures whilst in front of their kids are scum. Their kids will be just like them when they grow up and dumbarses will have the gall to say it's down to the likes of Woffy. What a load of old crap.

• Like 2

Simple. If you cant handle it when someone gives it back, then dont dish it out. He called some of the fans idiots, its not as if he jumped over the fence and lamped someone.

Exactly.. which has happened before..

• Like 2

No question that tai has character, just personally I think it stinks! Hancock may be dull, but he's a credit to the sport. I'm all up for crowd/rider interaction and banter, but for me, tai was the idiot, and so were the few idiots behaving like animals in front of kids.

When you're the "World Champion" in any sport, part of that means you then need to be a good ambassador for the sport during your reign as champ. The only thing Woffindon is good as an ambassador for is a kindergarten!.

Comments in the heat of the moment are ALMOST understandable but comments on social media afterwards just shows who the "real" person is and his general level of intelligence!!

• Like 2

The Belle Vue fans have it all wrong having a pop at Woffinden, without him they'd have missed out on a lot.

Wolves don't sign Woffinden, they beat Belle Vue in their final home match. Wolves finish top of the league and choose Lakeside.

That leaves Belle Vue to face Poole and very likely lose.

No play off final, no big money, no consolation of saying "we finished top".

Well done Tai, you saved Belle Vue's season!

Hmm. We beat Wolves by 12 points on that night. JK only had 3 rides. Would he have made the difference for a 13 point swing? Would have been close but not a given by any means.

No, you take note of the absolute lack of atmosphere, entertainment and fans at speedway tracks across the country.

Last night was Speedway at its very, very best. How it came across on tv having re-watched it was only 10% of what it was like live in the stadium. The Woffinden/Belle Vue fans situation played a big part in that and simply added to the occasion. We want MORE of that.

Spot on i couldn't agree more.

When you're the "World Champion" in any sport, part of that means you then need to be a good ambassador for the sport during your reign as champ. The only thing Woffindon is good as an ambassador for is a kindergarten!.

Comments in the heat of the moment are ALMOST understandable but comments on social media afterwards just shows who the "real" person is and his general level of intelligence!!

Real being the operative word. He is real and if he wants to call people that behave the way they did in front of their own kids and make remarks about his deceased father then he is entitled to call them what he likes. Good on him, I hope those he was talking about get to see it.

• Like 1

...You seem bitter ?...are you a Bertie ?

Oh look , they even use that outdated tedious name on Speedway forums , thought we were debating Speedway ??? . Football wise, ive nothing to be bitter about . Ps . what area of Manchester did you say you originated from ?

Edited by WestGorton1884

Hmm. We beat Wolves by 12 points on that night. JK only had 3 rides. Would he have made the difference for a 13 point swing? Would have been close but not a given by any means.

His fourth ride was a last too from his replacement I think? So he'd have needed 7pts for a win.

The point is, it is never as simple as just saying a team finished top of the league so they were the best when it's a playoff format. There are entirely different pressures if it's a league format to decide the champions.. we've seen how Belle Vue have made a hash of the 1st leg of two play off finals in a row due to pressure... who is to say that as the end of the season approached and the big matches came round they wouldn't do the same.

Nobody knows.

If it's a runaway lead, then there is an argument.. but this year there was very very little to choose between the top three sides.

I'm not arguing. Wolves are champs. I even said it myself with regards pressure last night. When the pressure was on in last year playoff finals we struggled. When the pressure was on in leg 1 vs wolves we struggled. When the pressure was OFF last night we were excellent as our guys were riding for fun effectively. Wolves had nothing to gain. They'd already won it in most people's books. However, after the Tai 4-4 all of a sudden we had a realistic chance again. Pressure back on? Results went downhill. Now I've obviously got to give some credit to wolves riders for that but I also question the BV performance under pressured situations.

• Like 2