British Speedway Forum

Thid post wasn't an attack on poole just interested to see what the deal actually was and who got or gets what

The fourth post was though!

If this is aimed at me, I was born in Kent and moved to Swindon as a child. Only lived there just under 10 years of my life and had no choice as a minor. As soon as I became of age I was gone and moved to Dorset, where I have been ever since.

Best thing I ever did was getting out of Swindon. Oh, and I moved to Swindon from Peterborough. Does that mean I should be a panthers fan first?

No Canterbury fan first,

Muck Fe! I was looking forward to reading about the Sky Deal, 2 pages and it only gets 1 ish mention

I asked for a list of sky meetings broadcast this season, either nobody knows, or don't want to post it as it will be extremely bias towards a couple of teams....

I asked for a list of sky meetings broadcast this season, either nobody knows, or don't want to post it as it will be extremely bias towards a couple of teams....

Could always look for it yourself! ;)

I know at Poole they have shown

Poole v Belle Vue ELA

Poole v Kings Lynn ELB and

Poole v Wolverhampton PO/SF

It was a five year deal at the start of the 2014 season.

The deal will be terminated if they don't have enough teams for next years Elite League

I know at Poole they have shown

Poole v Belle Vue ELA

Poole v Kings Lynn ELB and

Poole v Wolverhampton PO/SF

There were a few rain offs/pre-meeting cancellations which may/May not have been re-chosen for broadcast..

Unofficial based on the wonderful Speedway Updates site -

Belle Vue - 3H (inc 1 PO) & 2A (inc 1 PO)

Coventry - 3H & 2A

Kings Lynn - 1H & 3A

Lakeside - 3H (inc 1 PO) & 1A (inc 1 PO)

Leicester = 1H

Poole - 3H (inc 1 PO) & 3A (inc 1 PO)

Swindon - 2H & 3A

Wolves - 4H (inc 1 PO & double header) & 4A (inc 1 PO)

So Wolves shown the most and Leicester the least.

There were a few rain offs/pre-meeting cancellations which may/May not have been re-chosen for broadcast..

Just as a matter of interest, when Sky first started broadcasting the BEL, I DVD'D every meeting religiously, on separate discs, with personalised case covers and disc labels... I loved watching the coverage, if meetings were rained off (rare) they did sometimes have alternative venues.. I distinctly remember a meeting rained off, and they switched to Wolverhampton, I'm sure that was the meeting when Sam Ermolenko went under the fence, that was wet as well.... They never used to harp on about getting to heat 10 either in them days.... How it's changed....

Unofficial based on the wonderful Speedway Updates site -

Belle Vue - 3H (inc 1 PO) & 2A (inc 1 PO)

Coventry - 3H & 2A

Kings Lynn - 1H & 3A

Lakeside - 3H (inc 1 PO) & 1A (inc 1 PO)

Leicester = 1H

Poole - 3H (inc 1 PO) & 3A (inc 1 PO)

Swindon - 2H & 3A

Wolves - 4H (inc 1 PO & double header) & 4A (inc 1 PO)

So Wolves shown the most and Leicester the least.

Well, as I said, bias shown... And don't compare to football and Chelsea/Man Utd get more coverage than Crystal palace, Etc.......

If this is aimed at me, I was born in Kent and moved to Swindon as a child. Only lived there just under 10 years of my life and had no choice as a minor. As soon as I became of age I was gone and moved to Dorset, where I have been ever since.

Best thing I ever did was getting out of Swindon. Oh, and I moved to Swindon from Peterborough. Does that mean I should be a panthers fan first?

No you got that wrong, "the best thing that happened to Swindon was when you moved out". As to the 2nd sentence, no I wouldn't wish that on any team!

Out of interest, at what age did the extra digit start to grow?

Ok Mr S.S, maybe it was a bit of a mardy statement to make!

Is there a list of all the Sky meetings shown this season? Don't remember seeing Kings Lynn or Leicester very often this season..

To be fair who would want to! But any TV deal should ensure all clubs get an equal amount.

For next season, could Sky please show Belle Vue at home every other week (I jest, I know they can't, but if quality of racing was the clincher, they should!). Every meeting shown provided some great entertainment and racing.