British Speedway Forum

I suppose it is reasonable to accept as 'gospel' the parts the two stories agree on.

The business plan was considered sound based on crowds of 1800, which was achieved even without the cup final.

The track was tested before the 19th March and 'signed off' by the SCB and the Clerk of the Course on the day of the meeting. (Poor old onion will still claim otherwise)

Sub standard materials were used to build the base of the track on turns 3 & 4.

The claim for losses was against the council rather than the contractors.

The bspa chairman did indeed go behind the backs of the promotion.

Thankfully that blows away 90% of the gormless moaning from the unusual suspects.

There are some parts of the report which are simply wrong. There were never seats in the south stand, the proposed rent in the original business plan was less than £350k. Nobody knew 'nappies' and other waste had been used to form the base of part of the track. The implication that the £500k investment was only considered satisfactory due to the identity of the investors is wrong. They were not seeking a grant for the swc, the council agreed months earlier to back the event and the request was for the agreed sum to be paid.

There are some omissions.

The is no mention of the increase in rent due to the covenant the council's solicitors failed to spot.

The loan also included a compensation element, this was considered inadequate and that was the reason the loan was refused.

The claim was made against the council as the council had already made an offer of compensation.

The licence Belle Vue were forced to sign (blackmailed imo as the season would have ended in June had they not signed) included a clause to give the council the rights to the name Belle Vue Aces Speedway.

Unpaid debts at the end of the season, including money owed to riders, is not unusual and the speedway debts were less than the previous season and in any case the bspa had received a cheque to cover the outstanding amount, why chapman failed to inform the council isn't a mystery.

At least we now have 'the other side' of the story. The unusual suspects have been shown to be talking bollox when it comes to the track, the opening night and the business plan, no doubt they will take something from the council report as the absolute truth and try and have another cack handed go at Belle Vue though.

Comedy Gold ...just got to wait for ouch the other half of Cannon and Ball to come along :D

• Like 3

Comedy Gold ...just got to wait for ouch the other half of Cannon and Ball to come along :D

Give me Cannon and Ball anytime over the small half of the Krankies. :D

Ah, nothing quite like catching an Orion quote posted by another member.

Is he still a muppet, has he got a contribution to make, will there be a pearl of wisdom to mull over?

Muppet came the answer loud and clear. The quintessential troll, an utter irrelevance of a person who posts insults due to their inability to grasp the complexities? of the topics under discussion.

Previously funny, now just sad.

Oops forgot the emojis. Pictures help him understand a bit better. 😂😂♣️♣️😴😴😡😡😱😱

• Like 2

Ah, nothing quite like catching an Orion quote posted by another member.

Is he still a muppet, has he got a contribution to make, will there be a pearl of wisdom to mull over?

Muppet came the answer loud and clear. The quintessential troll, an utter irrelevance of a person who posts insults due to their inability to grasp the complexities? of the topics under discussion.

Previously funny, now just sad.

Oops forgot the emojis. Pictures help him understand a bit better. ♣️♣️

It made me laugh anyway..................................... :t::rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I could answer that - but I don't want to hurt anyone's feelings. ;):rofl:

Give me Cannon and Ball anytime over the small half of the Krankies. :D

You tell em Tommy... :D

Edited by Starman2006

. Where did the missing documents on the material used go? In someone's grate I imagine.

Shredded then buried on the third bend.

Sorry ? how many accounts do you have ? nothing more sad or feeling irrelevant than that Fred ...sorry I meant ouch :D

Edited by orion
  • Like 1

Sorry ? how many accounts do have ? nothing more sad or feeling irrelevant than that Fred ...sorry I meant ouch :D

Bit wet in Swindon today Orion ?

When are the rest of your team going to be announced? The new season is due to start within the next few days. And what about your BNL squad for which no riders have been announced.

Looking for riders to ride for less money than last season as his budget has been slashed not a good sign

Two exciting British youngsters

Dan Bewley and Jack Smith named as reserves

3 more places to fill

Edited by WestGorton1884

Mark has said that the team is virtually complete just some final details to sort out. Could that be visas for Max and Sedgman?

Looking for riders to ride for less money than last season as his budget has been slashed not a good sign

Yes he has a lower budget but if the team is the 6 with bjerre as final rider then this budget team can win the league

• Like 2