British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
StevePark

Rye House V Newcastle Koc Semi 1st Leg

Is it true Busk Jacobson (a second string and sacked rider) is replacing the No 1 rider in the league, come on rain clouds don't let me down as well.

Is it true Busk Jacobson (a second string and sacked rider) is replacing the No 1 rider in the league, come on rain clouds don't let me down as well.

Audition for next year perhaps

• Like 1

Audition for next year perhaps

Can only think of that as a reason otherwise why would you replace Kennett on 9.27 with Jacobsen on 6.98. Doesn't look to me that the management are serious about this tie.

Maybe most of the better options are also in the ELRC?

Maybe most of the better options are also in the ELRC?

They are, Danny King, Craig Cook, Rohan Tungate. Also, Glasgow are riding tonight as well ruling out Richard Lawson and Riche Worrall.

This leaves Josh Grajczonek who managed 7 and 9 each from 5 rides on the two occasions Somerset were at Rye House. NBJ scored 13 from 5 when Peterborough visited.

Edited by tocha
  • Like 1

I’m just sick of the people who run speedway and that includes the BMR management team at Rye House. Why on earth arrange this meeting on the same night as that individual farce of doubling up riders in the so called Doubling up Riders Championship?

I for one will be missing from Rye tonight, so that’s £16.00 missing, plus a five of my mates just can’t be bothered tonight like me, that’s a just under £100 they’ll be missing.

Rye House I’m afraid is going down-hill fast, but expect the usual crowd to say how wonderful everything is at Rye! The place is a tip! For two years the millionaire owner was going to transform the Hoddesdon raceway, well it worse now than it was two years ago!

Perhaps in the few last weeks a miracle has taken place. The, what was the Long Bar, is now a shining new motorcycle showroom. The awful wooden steps in front the announcers box is now a continuation of the stand by the pits. The first and second bends have now lovely terracing, likewise the back straight and third and fourth bend have the popup stands.

It’s a disgrace and farce that Kennett isn’t there riding for his club in probably one of the most important meetings of the season for Rye. Well done Rye arranging the meeting tonight and Newcastle agreeing to it!

I fear for Rye’s future. Yes I’m probably going to be blamed for their downfall by not going. Will I go next season? Unless speedway changes, which it won’t, it’ll be the same old and probably minus me! Not renewed my Speedway Star subscription which i've collected for 50 years, sad day...........

Edited by John Drake

I’m just sick of the people who run speedway and that includes the BMR management team at Rye House. Why on earth arrange this meeting on the same night as that individual farce of doubling up riders in the so called Doubling up Riders Championship?

I for one will be missing from Rye tonight, so that’s £16.00 missing, plus a five of my mates just can’t be bothered tonight like me, that’s a just under £100 they’ll be missing.

Rye House I’m afraid is going down-hill fast, but expect the usual crowd to say how wonderful everything is at Rye! The place is a tip! For two years the millionaire owner was going to transform the Hoddesdon raceway, well it worse now than it was two years ago!

Perhaps in the few last weeks a miracle has taken place. The, what was the Long Bar, is now a shining new motorcycle showroom. The awful wooden steps in front the announcers box is now a continuation of the stand by the pits. The first and second bends have now lovely terracing, likewise the back straight and third and fourth bend have the popup stands.

It’s a disgrace and farce that Kennett isn’t there riding for his club in probably one of the most important meetings of the season for Rye. Well done Rye arranging the meeting tonight and Newcastle agreeing to it!

I fear for Rye’s future. Yes I’m probably going to be blamed for their downfall by not going. Will I go next season? Unless speedway changes, which it won’t, it’ll be the same old and probably minus me! Not renewed my Speedway Star subscription which i've collected for 50 years, sad day...........

t. That's how I felt last week when Diamonds lost to a Sheffield select in the biggest meeting of the season without our number 1 . We handed the Tigers a much better chance to beat us and they took it

Tonight's fixture was arranged immediately after 10th September following the aggregate win over Berwick. At that time there would have been no expectation that Edward was to participate in the ELRC as Lakeside's representatives were to be Andreas Jonsson and Kim Nilsson. I don't know how late Jonsson left it to pull out. He had recovered from injury as he rode in both legs of the Swedish Play-offs at the end of September so it was possibly with little notice.

I also question the absence of Matej Kus as the Czech meeting is on the international speedway calendar for tomorrow but we shall find out very shortly!

So... according to the Rye House Twitter Updates... Matej Kus IS riding tonight.....

did Rye not offer 1st October, but Newcastle declined as they had Lambert missing (under 21 GP),,, so now we still have Lambert missing ???,,, hindsight is bloody marvellous ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

could anyone confirm line ups for Sunday?

not Barker,,, 'jesus', who books these guys, the employment agency ??? ;)