British Speedway Forum

If Wolves don't retain the title down to their promoters miserly ways, I think it is hilarious. With the re-assessed 'Premiership' averages Lindgren was the best value #1 in the league, lets face it Poole have spent almost as much in team building points on a Danish rider who is 10 years beyond his best as a number 2 and have signed a #1 who is at best inconsistent, at worst will go to a party rather than turn up for a Monday night Sky meet.

Nicholls & Harris were both available, and I'm certain would have joined Wolves if offered the chance, solid second heat leaders on any track in the country. Nicholls being 5th in the away averages says as much. Probably cheaper than Thorsell, to boot. No flights. Imagine if they'd signed both!

Clegg was a cert. Only going to improve,

Then we have Klindt, an enigma admittedly but a club asset. Can score a bucketful of points if it is night even if they are every third night, whether in the team or at reserve, Wolves could have easily fitted him in at reserve to start the season.

As Wolves didn't do this and have been forced to resign Howarth as a second Brit, they maybe better than Swindon & Coventry. Congrats Wolves fans!

Our over the hill Dane got 13 at monmore last season and KK will not be inconsistent next season. As for partying Polish riders have to do what they are told look at what is in Thorsell's polish contract.

Mb1990/stevebrum.... was there any mention of musielak or the 2 pointers like JPB?

nobody mentioned Musielak and as MB stated I'd be very surprised.

Our over the hill Dane got 13 at monmore last season and KK will not be inconsistent next season. As for partying Polish riders have to do what they are told look at what is in Thorsell's polish contract.

KK won't be inconsistent next season?? Really, why?? I suppose there is a first for everything.

As for the Polish contracts of course we all know what the Poles expect of their own but as it's been pointed out its illegal to expect non Poles to return at will and will hopefully be quashed for any non Poles ASAP.

So, going on from the coverage provided by stevebrum and mb1990 last night it would suggest that we wish to sign Masters and would like to get Skornicki in. If we signed those to it would take us to 47.69 with just a reserve to sign.

So the big question is are Howarth & Skornicki a strong enough 2nd string and are Max and a 2 pointer a strong enough reserve pairing?

Ordinarily I'd say no but given we are now in a new era of watered down speedway, it may just work..... Personally, i think Ty Proctor offers more than Adam but then I don't profess to know half as much as PA/CVS.....

• Like 1

So, going on from the coverage provided by stevebrum and mb1990 last night it would suggest that we wish to sign Masters and would like to get Skornicki in. If we signed those to it would take us to 47.69 with just a reserve to sign.

So the big question is are Howarth & Skornicki a strong enough 2nd string and are Max and a 2 pointer a strong enough reserve pairing?

Ordinarily I'd say no but given we are now in a new era of watered down speedway, it may just work..... Personally, i think Ty Proctor offers more than Adam but then I don't profess to know half as much as PA/CVS.....

The impression I got didn't seem to suggest Skornicki.

• Like 1

nobody mentioned Musielak and as MB stated I'd be very surprised.

KK won't be inconsistent next season?? Really, why?? I suppose there is a first for everything.

As for the Polish contracts of course we all know what the Poles expect of their own but as it's been pointed out its illegal to expect non Poles to return at will and will hopefully be quashed for any non Poles ASAP.

Because KK is riding for Poole, when was the last time he rode poorly for Poole although even the best rider's have bad meetings. Holder had bad meetings too.

• Like 1

Because KK is riding for Poole, when was the last time he rode poorly for Poole although even the best rider's have bad meetings. Holder had bad meetings too.

We aren't just talking about bad meetings tho. It's his commitment that is often in question, hence why he has been sacked 3 times!

We all know his commitment to Poole will ensure he maintains a decent performance level.

That said if ever 2 words that don't go together it's consistent and KK.

Personally, i think Ty Proctor offers more than Adam but then I don't profess to know half as much as PA/CVS.....

Proctor is just as big a risk as Adam to me. He has ridden a little in Australia. But he appears to be coming back so maybe just maybe he is under consideration.

• Like 1

Surely you mean Konsistent Steve?! ;)

• Like 1

Now PK's gone we've not got a 'senior citizen' who can take the young 'uns to a quiet corner and give them the benefit. Fred's got a lot on his plate this coming season and IMO Adam would be a good captain should he be signed. Him & Adams feel like a good team. The only worry is could Adam do the job expected on the bike anymore?

Edited by Wolfsbane

We aren't just talking about bad meetings tho. It's his commitment that is often in question, hence why he has been sacked 3 times!

We all know his commitment to Poole will ensure he maintains a decent performance level.

Proctor is just as big a risk as Adam to me. He has ridden a little in Australia. But he appears to be coming back so maybe just maybe he is under consideration.

KK won't be Poole's issue, it will be Brady Kurtz, Lindback was not the only Poole rider who didn't turn up at Wolves in the play offs.

• Like 1

Now PK's gone we've not got a 'senior citizen' who can take the young 'uns to a quiet corner and give them the benefit. Fred's got a lot on his plate this coming season and IMO Adam would be a good captain should he be signed. Him & Adams feel like a good team. The only worry is could Adam do the job expected on the bike anymore?

They also explicitly ruled out Well's saying he wouldn't be the team. So after last years mega changes, maybe they are over their sentimentality for the 'old guard'. Sadly, I think Adam is too much of a risk.

• Like 2

They also explicitly ruled out Well's saying he wouldn't be the team. So after last years mega changes, maybe they are over their sentimentality for the 'old guard'. Sadly, I think Adam is too much of a risk.

saying he wouldn't be in the team because of the average he would come in on.

I'm a fan of Wells but I agree with PA and CVS on this, on that average it is a big ask of Ricky as he would basically be a heat leader.

if it was for a second string spot I would have him in the team.

Exactly this.

With PK now stepping aside, we need a rider like Adam in the team to be that calming influence.

Can he still do the job? He'd be a second string all year long in a much watered down league. I don't see any problems at all with him performing that role... and when/if playoffs come along, we know he'll step it up.

• Like 1

Does Skornicki,s 7.22 average include x 1.4..

Due to his injuries and time away, his average is assessed at 7.22. This has been done before with Steve Boxall and Robert Mear after time away that was less than the usual three years.

If you take away 1.4 then you will get a more realistic average for riders so Skornicki and Howarth should be seen as 5 point riders and as second strings will be there to pick up the vital thirds and seconds so if they do sign Skornicki, don't expect him to be the seven point rider his average suggests he is as that is a Championship average as is Howarth.

Mb1990/stevebrum.... was there any mention of musielak or the 2 pointers like JPB?

He wasn't but he could still be the rider to come in as like Skornicki he is Polish and while there is a difference as Tobiasz has a Ploush club, he is lining up alongside Freddie and is possibly a safer bet than Skornicki when it comes to potential points scored. On 6.34 it also means room for a 3.00 reserve.

Howarth is the surprise for me. Is there potential for improvement there?

History tells us that fairly radical overhauls -- signing riders with potential to add to their averages -- is the way to go.

Wolves preach loyalty and that's to be admired. But is it, ultimately, the path to repeated success? Or to put it another way, are we content with the knowledge that the management get it right frequently enough to bring more titles than most and repeatedly employ riders to such an effect that they become identified as Monmore legendst -- PK Lindgren and so forth?

Or do we want to be Poole?

Discuss...

Anderson is not the rider he was 10 years ago, when if had been handed a GP spot Crump may have had a silver medal more and a gold medal less. KK has always been inconsistent. He wont average 11+, in this watered down league.

What Wolves should have done is....

Lindgren - Best #1 in the league on his average 10.09

I don't give monkey poop which Harris or Nicholls, Brit who go well at Monmore - >9.3

Klindt, club asset but awful gating tart that will gate enough to make mockery of that average. Can start at reserve.

Clegg, 4.34 will dominate reserve heats at the Cycle Speedway track that is Monmore.

Two Birts done & dusted, a solid #1, #5. #6 & #7, CVS & Adams have f**** up massively

• Like 2