British Speedway Forum

Looks like a terrible top flight side. Thank god this is the SGB Premiership instead! :t: Looks pretty solid to me. This sort of league standard will suit Sam and Sqora in my opinion, can both easily top their averages up. Call it what you like but it looks like this might well be one of the closest and most unpredictable seasons for a long time. (Just don't call it top level!)

Here we go again.. "Just don't call it top level".

Name me a higher standard league in the UK? I suspect you won't be able too, which makes the Premiership the top level league.

Edited by BWitcher
  • Like 1

On all known form at this level Greaves is out of his depth. The saving grace is that others have similar standard riders with less experience. He should have one standing instruction every time he goes to the tapes. 'Stay on your bike lad'. Unless I miss my guess he should achieve his average by doing that alone.

• Like 3

Y​ou will have to ask CVS that. Something went wrong at the 11th hour. I don't know what though. Maybe BV or Leicester offered him a more suitable deal?

So in other words you were wrong.

• Like 1

Greaves does have plenty of laps of Monmore under his belt from his Cradley days (sadly/predictably we are becoming something of a feeder club - though I suppose the current alternative is far worse!)

Injuries have slowed his progress compared to Clegg for example, they both started in the Cradley team at much the same time at a similar level, but Greaves has the talent to push on. I hope he has an injury free season. At home he should collect points from similar level reserves, which I guess is his job, and if he still has Ermolenko as a mentor that will probably help too!

According to my calculator using official figures.

F.Lindgren 10.09

J Thorsell 9.89

S Masters 8.97

K Howarth 7.18

A Scornicki 7.22

M Clegg 4.34

N Greaves 2.32

Comes to 50.01!

Not going to challenge even if they are over 50 points. Weak reserves, very dodgy second strings.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Not going to challenge even if they are over 50 points. Weak reserves, very dodgy second strings.

Shock horror Shovlar in having a go at another team shocker!

Wolves top 3 looks to me stronger than Pooles

Howarth will be a better second string then Jack Holder, as they averaged the same in the lower league but Howarth at least for this season has the experience of the other tracks.

Skornicki is debatable but he could easily average the same as Kurtz.

And yes the reserves are weaker than Pooles.

So although i think Poole are stronger you are foolhardy to dismiss the Wolves team as one that isnt going to challenge.

So far you have said Kings Lynn could be top 4 if they avoid injuries!!

Rye House are to old

Wolves dont look strong enough.

So come on then who will be challengers to Poole???

According to my calculator using official figures.

F.Lindgren 10.09

J Thorsell 9.89

S Masters 8.97

K Howarth 7.18

A Scornicki 7.22

M Clegg 4.34

N Greaves 2.32

Comes to 50.01!

Wrong.

According to CVS Greaves comes in at 2.26 so team total is 49.95

Not my fault if CVS changed plans at the 11th hour. Maybe Schlein got a better offer elsewhere which is why the deal collapsed.

Grow up Gavan. Stick to the Championship section.

Not my fault CVS changed plans at the 11th hour.

See above post.

Not my fault CVS changed plans at the 11th hour

so you have mentioned at least 11 times on this thread already. Nobody believes you and you got a guess wrong. Deal with it.

I will do you a favour tho Daz, I will ask CVS if Schlein was being seriously considered at the pre season talk in in March and will post his honest answer.

We know he was being considered on that average but Adam was always favourite for the job - as has been expected with the news today.

Unfortunately the BSPA make a habit of this sort of thing and it isn't helpful, it could and should be properly explained, at the least it would stop a lot of the flak they get on here.

I agree, clarity would be a transparent explanation!

Nope. Rory was on his way to Wolves. Something has gone wrong. Hopefully their will be a piece in the Speedway Star about it.

I'm still laughing at your prediction gone wrong excuses still. :rofl:

Shock horror Shovlar in having a go at another team shocker!

Wolves top 3 looks to me stronger than Pooles

Howarth will be a better second string then Jack Holder, as they averaged the same in the lower league but Howarth at least for this season has the experience of the other tracks.

Skornicki is debatable but he could easily average the same as Kurtz.

And yes the reserves are weaker than Pooles.

So although i think Poole are stronger you are foolhardy to dismiss the Wolves team as one that isnt going to challenge.

So far you have said Kings Lynn could be top 4 if they avoid injuries!!

Rye House are to old

Wolves dont look strong enough.

So come on then who will be challengers to Poole???

Unfortunately i was proved right when i said that Brady would let us down at the wrong time and he will again. He is regarded by some as a gp rider in the making but i don't think so. Jack Holder has far more potential in my opinion.

Wolves have built a decent team who will challenge although a bit weak at reserve.

• Like 1

Like you seem to be saying about every other team other than Poole. Predictably dull response.

Same as last season then.

• Like 1

Without going through the 2016 predictions, I'm pretty sure you and lots more had Wolves down as cannon fodder.

• Like 2