British Speedway Forum

you think Wolves have assembled a poor side. Not many share that view it seems.

I have no doubt Wolves will make the playoffs, basically because of the failings & limitations of other teams. But Wolves will get massacred in the semi. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Is reaching the semi deemed successful? Depends on your ambition. Finishing 3rd I would agree is a successful season for a Rugby or Football club. But there are 8 top tier teams, two are new to the top tier, and an established team has had to be rebuilt from scratch. Another are in the process of building a new stadium. Wolves should have higher ambitions than finishing 3rd and getting wiped out on either the East or South Coast in the Semi.

• Like 1

I have no doubt Wolves will make the playoffs, basically because of the failings & limitations of other teams. But Wolves will get massacred in the semi. You know it, I know it, everyone knows it. Is reaching the semi deemed successful? Depends on your ambition. Finishing 3rd I would agree is a successful season for a Rugby or Football club. But there are 8 top tier teams, two are new to the top tier, and an established team has had to be rebuilt from scratch. Another are in the process of building a new stadium. Wolves should have higher ambitions than finishing 3rd and getting wiped out on either the East or South Coast in the Semi.

You need to make your mind up as you seem to have changed your original prediction from having wolves 3rd to 5th since the defeat on Wednesday. Weekly changes is it?

Making the top 4 is the minimum any team needs to say that there season has been a success.only one team can win the league every year and it isn't often the same one due to the nature of changing the rules most seasons. Poole the only recent exception to that.

The team is built top 3 heavy with Adam who will only improve as he gets race fit.

Big pressure on Clegg to step up as senior reserve but we all saw how he progressed last year. He may just find that extra bit that he needs, if he does we will get stronger.

I can see someone like Hume coming in for Greaves. That also will be a strengthener.

If we are good enough to be in the top 4 we are good enough to win it.

Thankfully titles are won in September not 1st April so I disagree that "anyone's knows" we will be massacred in the semi's.

• Like 1

I have no doubt Wolves will make the playoffs, basically because of the failings & limitations of other teams.

Wolves should have higher ambitions than finishing 3rd and getting wiped out on either the East or South Coast in the Semi.

But Belle Vue, Rye House and Poole aren't on the East coast

Reserves were the weak point again last night but the only remedy of this is one of three options. Hope they get better and leave as they are or replace like for like and hope to find a promising reserve like Bewley or Shanes but most of these are already signed up.

The third option is to make two changes to get a more capable reserve to get points but this would mean having to axe one of the top five which is where all the pressure is on with 40 of the 41 points coming from those last night,.

See how it goes for a bit and then look again but Leicester at Monmore on Monday and Josh Bates is flying so going to be hard stopping him.

greaves is not the only problem at reserve clegg has been poor so it could be two changes with maybe ash morris if his average fits ?

greaves is not the only problem at reserve clegg has been poor so it could be two changes with maybe ash morris if his average fits ?

need to drop one of the top 5 to fit him in....

Whatever points limit or race format the winners usually have at least one decent reserve & Wolves have 2 poor ones.

Reserves were the weak point again last night

Not really.

The second and third heat leaders were the problem last night. We have been built as a TOP HEAVY side. That means the top three need to be scoring big points.

I don't think the lack of points at reserve are any great surprise. I think that was generally predicted before the season started. Can either or both improve? Time will tell but it does look like the Achilles heel of our team.

Not the only problem though because only Lindgren consistently looks like a heat leader away from home. So improvement is needed there also.

I do think Wolves will be a difficult team to beat at Monmore and that in itself might be enough to scrape into the play offs, but hard to see us getting enough points away from home to go close to retaining the title.

• Like 2

I think Max just needs time to get back into the groove, he was good enough last year, certainly better than he's shown so far this year

• Like 1

What average would Schlein be on ?

According to the programme tonight "oh so nearly a wolf in 17"

Not entirely sure why we're particularly concerned about Skornicki at this stage, Seemed to improve as the meeting went on at Poole and let's not forget.. he was put in a heat leader spot, under the old format and we know how tough that is. Thorsell, the actual heat leader was given the much easier second string spot and didn't deliver.

Adam appeared to have bike problems at the start of the meeting.

Not entirely sure why we're particularly concerned about Skornicki at this stage, Seemed to improve as the meeting went on at Poole and let's not forget.. he was put in a heat leader spot, under the old format and we know how tough that is. Thorsell, the actual heat leader was given the much easier second string spot and didn't deliver.

Adam was excellent on Saturday, but was very poor tonight - not that he was alone.

• Like 1

According to the programme tonight "oh so nearly a wolf in 17"

wouldn't surprise me if he ended up one in 17

Wolves cannot be contenders to retain their title with only 5 riders. We know Clegg can ride better as we saw last season but even so the tail is too long. But what other options are there? Are there better riders in the National League we could turn to? Or does Skornicki need to be sacrificed to restructure the team?

Very early in the season to be talking like this about the team, but the writing does seem to be on the wall if we do nothing

• Like 1